Jamal Adams signed

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Only $20M signing bonus. Different than what Ian Rappaport is saying of $38M

That contract seems like pure window dressing 

Not necessarily.  20M can be the signing bonus (up front) while there's another 18M guaranteed over the life of the contract.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Only $20M signing bonus. Different than what Ian Rappaport is saying of $38M

That contract seems like pure window dressing 

Don't believe he signed for 20 million guaranteed.  That would be a nice deal for Seattle if he did.  Baker signed for more 2 years ago. He's better but it was 2 years ago.  

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Does that mean you would give the picks back for  him and give him that contract to keep the “ one that gut away?” 

No, by the time JD made the trade things had gotten too far out of hand. I think there was a lot of ill will on both sides at that point. It was over.

So again, no. I wouldn’t undo the trade, but I would’ve been fine with us extending him a year earlier though. I have no hate for Jamal.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

I still think they'll likely bang something out, whereby he gets Seattle to give up something nominal on paper that has no actual value in reality, just to save face a little. But taken to this length he sees he's gotten as much out of them as he's going to get. They've called his bluff. He can call theirs, too, but that's a lot of money to walk away from. 

Totally predictable once they'd already made him an offer that eclipsed the previous high for the position by $2MM/yr (previously Simmons $15.25MM/yr) .

They probably shuffled a little around so he could say he got a little something extra, but in the end it'll be the same contract. We'll find out for sure soon, but that's what I figured.

e.g. say he got $2MM more guaranteed, but it'll come in a year that was effectively all-guaranteed anyway. Like if an early season had $12MM of $14MM gtd and now it has all $14MM gtd; unless there was footage of him throwing his gf down an elevator shaft, there was a 0% chance he was getting cut in such a season anyway.

Rappaport "A long time coming and well deserved."

These guys just do not get it at all.  How they can ignore the massive holes in his game and not recognize his play style has to 100% be catered to is beyond me. 

As is the fact that they look at all of these things in isolation instead of looking at what in total a guy brings to the table vs what the team will face with the rest of the cap and their team.

Anyway, good for Jamal getting paid now.  Buyers remorse will be big on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Very good player.
Bad teammate.
Worse employee.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1. True

2. You’ve never played with him, or heard anyone say this is true

3. How so? If you felt like you were worth more than your employer pays you, would you stay quiet about it, or would you ask for more money? Maybe look to go elsewhere?

I won’t even mention you probably wouldn’t be very happy if one of the worst companies in your line of work drafted you out of college, and you had no choice but to work there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Probably should have been Maye this year.  Not sure how close they were but he seemed like the right guy to lock-in for a few years.

I agree, but we never seem to do it, do we?

Serious question. Who was the last good player we drafted that we signed to a lucrative second contract. Was it Sanchez?

*** I don’t even consider Sanchez “good” ? I just can’t think of anyone else…

You can't blame Jamal for wanting to either get paid  alot or get away from Adam Gase. His new contract numbers seem similar to CJ Mosely's contract if I remember correctly. I would rather have a healthy Mosely over Jamal but Jamal is a stud - he just can't cover.

• Upvote 1