Jamal Adams signed

Thnx you Jamal Adams.

For balling out on the field as a Jet and making an All-Rookie team as a Jet and multiple Pro Bowls as a Jet along with multiple All-Pros as a Jet (first 1st-team All-Pro since dating back #24 Darrelle Revis) as well as multiple NFL Top 100 acknowledgments as a JET. 

Because of your beast SS play our GM Joe Douglas was able to decline Jerry Jones' #17 overall pick from Dallas Cowboys before unloading you to Seattle Seahawks for two 1st round draft picks (Khalil Mack type of trade package in return of you). 

Thank you Jamal Adams for giving us Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG and I can not wait to give Zach Wilson either Tyler Linderbaum @ Center out of Iowa with your 2022 1st round pick and/or an explosive pass catching TE (maybe even a true #1 lockdown CB or a nightmare pass rusher from the edge).

•#OurDefenseMissedYouLastYear.

•#OurDefenseFellOffA2020CliffWithoutYouLastYearToo.

(Just 10 impactful plays that I appreciated from you; and I could posts hundreds more if I really wanted to and my favorite play was you chasing down Marshawn Lynch from the other side of the field and tackling him while preventing him from a TD).

jamal-adams-new-york-jets.gif

giphy.gif?resize=480,219&ssl=1

ezgif-3-564fe99b5fff.gif

Jamal-Adams-sniffs-out-Vance-McDonald-sc

CalmEverlastingBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gi

giphy.gif?resize=353,161&ssl=1

AdamsIvory2.gif

Jamal-Adams-lockdown-coverage-_-3rd-down

SecondaryOptimisticHorsefly-size_restric

d711490bbffcbbbe4e5a2e56fc6e9cae.gif

With all of that said I'll be rooting against you moving forward and I hope you lead Seattle to an 0-17 season (here in 2021) in order to give our Jets 2022's #1 overall draft pick. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DannyDevito3 said:

Lol how is it trolling? Prez was a legit DMVP player in 2019. Best Jet since Revis. 

15 minutes ago, DannyDevito3 said:

PFF begs to differ 

No, PFF does not beg to differ.

And, 87.9 in 2019.  And 64.2 in 2020.

So, basically, Revis has 3 better seasons, Rhodes has 2, and Harrison has 2.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sooner or later we’re going to resign one of our good players. 

Sooner or later Leonard was supposed to sack some quarterbacks. He certainly slapped some jerseys on 3rd & longs as opposing qbs would move the chains ... but sacks? Maybe he got some with the Giants, but that was no guy to resign.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

No, by the time JD made the trade things had gotten too far out of hand. I think there was a lot of ill will on both sides at that point. It was over.

So again, no. I wouldn’t undo the trade, but I would’ve been fine with us extending him a year earlier though. I have no hate for Jamal.

Well put. He just went too far with it. That's all. Plus, he would have made a sweet linebacker in Salehs defense, 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

From Jason at Over The Cap:

After much back and forth the past few weeks, Jamal Adams and the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a four year contract worth $70 million in new money that will tie Adams to Seattle through 2025. The contract has a maximum value of $72 million and $38 million in guarantees.

The $17.5 million annual value on the contract is a raise of 14.7% over the Justin Simmons contract signed earlier this year. As we had discussed earlier this type of raise would be somewhat in line with some of the more traditional market movers at various positions and represents a pretty fair value for Adams either on an extension or as a free agent. Adams $38 million in guarantees will also be a record for safety, surpassing the $35 million guarantee for Simmons by $3 million.

This was about as high as the Seahawks could go on an offer within the current framework of their team and the league. This was a much better move for Adams than playing the franchise tag game and then hoping at 29 there would be a massive market for him in free agency. The only question is why this took this long as a deal like this should have been finalized long ago.

I would expect this contract to help pull the safety market up with Jessie Bates of the Bengals likely the top player to immediately benefit, I would also anticipate that Tyrann Mathieu of the Chiefs will now have a target price of $18 million a year on a new contract. As we get more details of the contract we will update Adams cap figures.

• Upvote 1

So, how long until Jamal Adams is no longer the NFL's highest paid safety?

Brett Veach on Tyrann Mathieu: We’re going to work our tail off to keep him here

Posted by Myles Simmons on August 17, 2021, 3:59 PM EDT

Safety Tyrann Mathieu has made it clear that he would like to sign a contract extension with the Chiefs.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he’d like to play alongside Mathieu for a long time, too.

General Manager Brett Veach would like to see it happen as well.

In a recent interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio, Veach set out the team’s desire to keep Mathieu around. The safety is entering the final season of a three-year deal he signed as a free agent in 2019.

“We’ve had a chance to talk to Tyrann and his representation and I think it’s a little bit difficult with the landscape right now of having two cap-shortened offseason, and where we are in regards to our offseason projections,” Veach said. “But as we’ve discussed with Tyrann and his crew, it’s one of those situations that where we are now will certainly not be where we are once the season ends and once we correct some of the things when you have extensions, conversations, trades, [players who] move on — every team is certainly in a different position [with] what their books say than they will be in the offseason. And we like to think that we’re going to find a way to get this done. And he knows we love him and we know he wants to be here. And right now for us and for him, I think it’s just a timing thing. But there’s not a guy in this league I respect as much as him for the way he goes about his business.

“And a lot of these guys, and a lot of these teams — I think we saw the franchise tag period come and go and no one got done. And there’s been a couple deals, but a lot of these bigger deals haven’t been done for the same reason. Different players handle it in a different way. And just like you’d expect from Tyrann, just complete class. I mean, the guy is special. We love him. And we’re certainly going to work our tail off to keep him here.”

Most of the time, when a player and a team want to get a deal done — especially when they’ve been so public about that desire — it will happen sooner or later. From Veach’s comments, it seems like Mathieu’s deal may come a little later. But Veach doesn’t sound like a G.M. who intends to let his star safety walk.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DannyDevito3 said:

PFF begs to differ 

And so do Football fans who vote him into the Pro Bowl every season and also Professional sports writers (all over the Country) who write him into the All-Pro every season and also vote him into the NFLs top 100 every season too etc. 

Any butthurt fan who doesn't consider him a beast SS (imo) doesn't know Football because this kid already has more QB sacks and more tackles for loss than Troy Polamalu (who made an NFL living behind the Line of Scrimmage). 

But I guess (some of) these butthurt fans pretend to know more about ? than Jerry Jones? Who once drafted SS Darren Woodson and then begged Joe Douglas with his Dallas Cowboys 17th overall pick? (that JD declined) and/or Seattle's awesome SB winning Front Office who begged JD with two 1st round picks + a 3rd round pick? (which Joe Douglas accepted)? 

Etc.

Sorry but I think I'll take the advice on JAMAL #33 ADAMS from the likes of football fans around the Nation, Sports Writers from all over the Country, Jerry Jones, Seattle's front office who just made him the highest paid Safety of All-Time and also more importantly Joe Douglas himself who turned down Big D's 17th overall pick due to knowing in advance what Jamal Adams true value was as a trade piece...

Before I ever let a couple of fans tell me just how "bad of a Football player Jamal Adams is" and all because they hate him (as a person). 

???

Jamal Adams is a future HOF legend of a SS (and some fans don't even know it yet).

RONNIE FREAKING LOTT IS ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH JAMAL ADAMS GAME (And I believe Ronnie Lott more than anyone).

• Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No, PFF does not beg to differ.

And, 87.9 in 2019.  And 64.2 in 2020.

So, basically, Revis has 3 better seasons, Rhodes has 2, and Harrison has 2.

What type of point are you even really trying to prove here? 

So you're saying that PFF is pretty much saying that Jamal Adams had the 8th best season of All-Time? Awesome!

And how Kerry Rhodes was on the same level as Darrelle Revis of 2009???!?!? ??

PS: Fk "PFF" because RONNIE LOTT is absolutely in love with Jamal Adams game and can not stop raving about it either. 

First 4 NFL years = 

• All-Rookie team.

• 3x Pro Bowler. 

• 3x All-Pro. 

• 3x Top NFL 100. 

• Traded for with two 1st round picks + a 3rd round pick (Khalil Mack type package) from an A+ SB winning Seattle Seahawks Franchise.

• Now the highest paid Safety who's ever lived to play this game. 

All disagree with you and your "Jamal Adams assessment". 

PS: Our 2019 Top 10 Defense fell off a 2020 NFL cliff without Jamal Adams making plays all over the field for us. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

1. True

2. You’ve never played with him, or heard anyone say this is true

3. How so? If you felt like you were worth more than your employer pays you, would you stay quiet about it, or would you ask for more money? Maybe look to go elsewhere?

I won’t even mention you probably wouldn’t be very happy if one of the worst companies in your line of work drafted you out of college, and you had no choice but to work there. 

Have any of his teammates ever told me that he's a bad teammate?  No.  But when the dude says, "we need more dogs," what he is saying is, "my teammates suck."  When he bashes the coach publicly he also hurts his team. His incessant self-promotion on Twitter and other platforms (Prez?!) puts himself above the team.  I know I wouldn't want him in my locker room.

As to your last point, the problem has always been that he wants more than he objectively is worth.  But someone paid him so God bless him.  And we dodged a bullet so win/win.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well put. He just went too far with it. That's all. Plus, he would have made a sweet linebacker in Salehs defense, 

What's wrong with an "LB" who can not only pressure QBs but also sack them too while also tackling RBs behind the LOS for loss too? 

Jamal Adams 2020 =

12 games played. 

83 combined tackles. 

26 QB pressures.

14 QB hits. 

11 tackles for loss. 

10 QB hurries.

9.5 sacks. 

6 QB knockdowns.

0 TDs allowed (in pass coverage).

etc. 

In your opinion who was our Jets best pass rushing and tackling machine Linebacker last year? I'd like to known. 

Because we haven't featured an impactful pass rusher (DE) since #94...

As a fan base (imo) we should be the last guys mocking and laughing at Jamal Adams. A player who knows how to get after the Quarterback ?

44 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thnx you Jamal Adams.

For balling out on the field as a Jet and making an All-Rookie team as a Jet and multiple Pro Bowls as a Jet along with multiple All-Pros as a Jet (first 1st-team All-Pro since dating back #24 Darrelle Revis) as well as multiple NFL Top 100 acknowledgments as a JET. 

Because of your beast SS play our GM Joe Douglas was able to decline Jerry Jones' #17 overall pick from Dallas Cowboys before unloading you to Seattle Seahawks for two 1st round draft picks (Khalil Mack type of trade package in return of you). 

Thank you Jamal Adams for giving us Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LG and I can not wait to give Zach Wilson either Tyler Linderbaum @ Center out of Iowa with your 2022 1st round pick and/or an explosive pass catching TE (maybe even a true #1 lockdown CB or a nightmare pass rusher from the edge).

•#OurDefenseMissedYouLastYear.

•#OurDefenseFellOffA2020CliffWithoutYouLastYearToo.

(Just 10 impactful plays that I appreciated from you; and I could posts hundreds more if I really wanted to and my favorite play was you chasing down Marshawn Lynch from the other side of the field and tackling him while preventing him from a TD).

jamal-adams-new-york-jets.gif

giphy.gif?resize=480,219&ssl=1

ezgif-3-564fe99b5fff.gif

Jamal-Adams-sniffs-out-Vance-McDonald-sc

CalmEverlastingBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gi

giphy.gif?resize=353,161&ssl=1

AdamsIvory2.gif

Jamal-Adams-lockdown-coverage-_-3rd-down

SecondaryOptimisticHorsefly-size_restric

d711490bbffcbbbe4e5a2e56fc6e9cae.gif

With all of that said I'll be rooting against you moving forward and I hope you lead Seattle to an 0-17 season (here in 2021) in order to give our Jets 2022's #1 overall draft pick. 

After this post, I am going Into full teledildonics mode for the rest of the afternoon.

• Haha 2