Jamal Adams signed

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He actually won

Big time considering $17.5M per and $70M guaranteed.

He got paid what he realistically had to know was at the top end of his pay scale as a SS.  Hes in a good place, on a good team.  Being on a good team gets him on national TV whats the max 5 times before playoffs?  And everyone hears his name and about all his sacks with little talk that he cant cover.

We may have wanted the worst for him but lets be honest, the deal sucked big time for the Seahawks but paid off nicely for Jamal and also for the Jets.

Nah man good try but I’m still not giving him the W!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I don't care, but I know two people who aren't doing a happy dance about this.

Russell Wilson

Duane Brown

This is the crux of it. Jamal is a good player. I understand he wants to make big $$. But what he takes out of the cap space at a non-premium position, from a team that is straining against the limit, is not a good move when the premium positions will take a hit - like the OL. Better that it happened to the Hawks than us. Only his current teammates can testify as to whether he's a good clubhouse guy or not.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You gave me a good laugh with your response, the “got sent packing” line was funny. 
But in Jamal’s case, it was more like Rosie O’Donnell kicking him to the curb, and Olivia Munn stopping her car and taking him to her place.

I can't argue with that analogy. 

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Not necessarily.  20M can be the signing bonus (up front) while there's another 18M guaranteed over the life of the contract.

Remember the 50 times you told me Adams wouldn't be the highest paid S ever?  Yeahhh..  good times.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s the equivalent of being world’s best VCR repairman.  

Here's your chance to finally give this one up.  Look..  I was happy with the 2 1sts too but to say Adams is terrible makes everything else you say on the topic irrelevant.

He's a premier defensive NFL player and being paid as such. 

Let it go, Indiana.

indiana jones father GIF

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Jamal Adams is a great player at what he does.  The problem is that what he does does not do much to improve the overall defense, and there's some evidence to suggest that it hurts the overall defense.

That is completely, false. 

• Would you like for me to post Seattle's 2019 Defensive statistics in comparison to Seattle's Defensive statistics (during the 12 games he played) in order to prove you wrong?

• Or better yet, would you like for me to post statistics of the Jets top 10 Defense with Jamal Adams (2019) compared to the Jets bottom 30 Defense that fell off a 2020 cliff without him? 

I wanted to stay away from this thread but I couldn't.

Where do you come up with some of this stuff? And can you post actual football evidence of Jamal "hurting" his Defenses? And do you even have any idea of just how bad Seattle's 2019 Defense was before Jamal Adams? Because Seattle's 2019 Defense was the reason why Seattle's Front Office traded two first round picks for him. 

(I would post the Jets 2019's Top 10 Defensive stats for each and every Defensive statistical category know to man kind in comparison to 2020's which fell of a 2020 cliff  (without Jamal Adams) but that'll just become a waste of my own time. Because you already know the truth (as do I).

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wut? Dude literally accomplished everything he set out to. This was always about ego and money for this kid. Doesn’t care about the game  doesn’t care about winning. Just cares about what they do for his brand. Guy was masterful from day 1, I’m with you homey on this  this, but The Prez won

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Here's your chance to finally give this one up.  Look..  I was happy with the 2 1sts too but to say Adams is terrible makes everything else you say on the topic irrelevant.

He's a premier defensive NFL player and being paid as such. 

Let it go, Indiana.

indiana jones father GIF

That’s not the point being made.  The point being made is that he’s a very good player at a position that has little value in the grand scheme of things.  We slipped Marcus Maye into Jamal’s role and didn’t skip a beat while Maye enjoyed a fantastic career year.

That fantastic career year netted us 2 wins over 16 games.

SS isn’t a premium position in today’s game, and that isn’t disputable.  Anytime you can get two firsts, a third, and a player for a SS, you do it.  I hope Douglas finds a way to do it again if he can’t get Maye at a reasonable price.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

seth-meyers-here-you-go.gif

Jamal Adams got his W. 

And you took the L. 

image.thumb.png.ae12aebbbafedc3e078c680ff950b993.png

How much were you paid to hate on Jamal Adams?

Because Jamal Adams holdout just got him $72M ($72,000,000) and the highest Safety contract in NFL history.

Screenshot_20210817-194454.thumb.png.d36cd646426147d448d1805a48c8aa44.png

image.png.04a0fe77210699457d5d2a8a61082c40.png

You should thank Jamal Adams because he got us Alijah Vera-Tucker and he's on the verge of giving us another 2022 1st round draft pick too. 

image.png.97a29ba3c6f97c1fa16a37e88a5fb911.png

Now say thank you. 

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

Remember the 50 times you told me Adams wouldn't be the highest paid S ever?  Yeahhh..  good times.

Did I say he wouldn’t?  I don’t typically make unequivocal statements about other people’s decisions.  I think Seattle just doubled down a bad decision.  Doing so doesn’t surprise me, despite that I think it’s terrible management.

Will also be curious what the actual deal looks like.  Immediately people are saying it’s a two year deal.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That is completely, false. 

• Would you like for me to post Seattle's 2019 Defensive statistics in comparison to Seattle's Defensive statistics (during the 12 games he played) in order to prove you wrong?

• Or better yet, would you like for me to post statistics of the Jets top 10 Defense with Jamal Adams (2019) compared to the Jets bottom 30 Defense that fell off a 2020 cliff without him? 

I wanted to stay away from this thread but I couldn't.

Where do you come up with some of this stuff? And can you post actual football evidence of Jamal "hurting" his Defenses? And do you even have any idea of just how bad Seattle's 2019 Defense was before Jamal Adams? Because Seattle's 2019 Defense was the reason why Seattle's Front Office traded two first round picks for him. 

(I would post the Jets 2019's Top 10 Defensive stats for each and every Defensive statistical category know to man kind in comparison to 2020's which fell of a 2020 cliff  (without Jamal Adams) but that'll just become a waste of my own time. Because you already know the truth (as do I).

Honestly, I’ve just been responding to you because it’s funny every time you’ve said you’re done responding/with the thread, but your comically over-zealous ass just can’t control yourself.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wut? Dude literally accomplished everything he set out to. This was always about ego and money for this kid.

Doesn’t care about the game  doesn’t care about winning.

Just cares about what they do for his brand. Guy was a masterful from day 1, I’m with you homey on this  this, but The Prez won

PS: Every sports athlete cares about $$$$ just ask Tom Brady ($100M with TB) or Patrick Mahomes ($500M with K.C) or any other highly paid professional athlete etc so what makes Jamal Adams any different than C.J. Mosley and hundreds of others? World hunger is a real thing and 90% of players couldn't care less.

But how can you anyone claim that he doesn't care about winning or even worse doesn't care about the game of Football; when he's dedicated his entire life to it since childhood and has never once been arrested off the field?

image.thumb.png.860f214f52a6a108cdc34eff9d30d387.png

image.thumb.png.78d63b1ead2f6cc79c9dbfddb8108ad5.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0TLM2XT76KMEfiGkevuH

He called out Adam Gase and Joe Douglas for losing and hated losing here (if anything he's a sore loser who HATES to lose).

Damn near every school in the Country wanted this kid coming out of High School (and that does not happen by not having a love for football).

Screenshot_20210817-195513.thumb.png.52af154cdd4fcc0f1720e1be0f85d527.png

Screenshot_20210817-195627.thumb.png.fef42c316e5652a82ea94d6770c1a0ac.png

Screenshot_20210817-195709.thumb.png.57618905894227bcbe17d174cd6aa906.pngScreenshot_20210817-195722.thumb.png.3dc060bb31affd7d3acc6fc462e1da18.png

HE WAS MOCKED FROM #1 overall worthy TO TOP 10 ON EVERY FOOTBALL EXPERTS TOP 10 COMING OUT OF LSU TOO (and he lived up to his 5 Star H.S recruit and is now ranked as a top 10 LSU Defensive Player of All-Time).

Screenshot_20210817-195956.thumb.png.d27f7e9c0ee256af3db301faff766bca.png

Screenshot_20210817-200252.thumb.png.f00cd9a834e9a723e6e21fb7b880198e.png

Fans may not like how he trashed Adam Gase, Joe Douglas and questioned both of the Johnson's on why Adam Gase was allowed to destroy his Football team (he said what ALL OF US JETS FANS WANTED To SAY ABOUT ADAM GASE and for that I'll always respect him)...

Screenshot_20210817-201300.thumb.png.2140407d9c1687da6649e08c196c0be3.png

Followed by trashing ADAM GASE some more...

Screenshot_20210817-201351.thumb.png.b02b82e0dfbef60ba9be08a8e164dfe0.png

I respect your passion for our team and your disgust in Jamal Adams quitting on us @The Crusher but we'll have to agree to disagree because there is no evidence (none whatsoever) that suggests that Jamal Adams A.) Doesn't care about winning and B.) Doesn't have a love/respect for the game when C.) He's dedicated his entire childhood and life to the game of Football (and now the highest paid Safety of All-Time) and could one day develop CTE due to the aggressive style in which he's always played football (I love this dude man).

(If only Marcus Maye or Sam Darnold could've netted us two 1st round picks + a 3rd).

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Jamal is a dawg. A loud dawg, but a dawg.

He played his heart out when he was here, then brought us back a nice return when we couldn’t agree to a deal with him. He ended up on a really good team, and now he got paid.

Hopefully the picks we got for him turn into dawgs also.

Maybe this place can let go of him now. It was sad watching grown men carry on about the one that got away.

The one that got away? LOL. Everybody was doing cartwheels when he was traded for 2 first's and a 3rd. Good riddance. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

PS: Every sports athlete cares about $$$$ just ask Tom Brady ($100M with TB) or Patrick Mahomes ($500M with K.C) or any other highly paid professional athlete etc so what makes Jamal Adams any different than C.J. Mosley and hundreds of others? World hunger is a real thing and 90% of players couldn't care less.

But how can you anyone claim that he doesn't care about winning or even worse doesn't care about the game of Football; when he's dedicated his entire life to it since childhood and has never once been arrested off the field?

He called out Adam Gase and Joe Douglas for losing and hated losing here (if anything he's a sore loser who HATES to lose).

Damn near every school in the Country wanted this kid coming out of High School (and that does not happen by not having a love for football).

Screenshot_20210817-195709.thumb.png.57618905894227bcbe17d174cd6aa906.pngScreenshot_20210817-195722.thumb.png.3dc060bb31affd7d3acc6fc462e1da18.png

HE WAS MOCKED FROM #1 overall worthy TO TOP 10 ON EVERY FOOTBALL EXPERTS TOP 10 COMING OUT OF LSU TOO (and he lived up to his 5 Star H.S recruit and is now ranked as a top 10 LSU Defensive Player of All-Time).

Fans may not like how he trashed Adam Gase, Joe Douglas and questioned both of the Johnson's on why Adam Gase was allowed to destroy his Football team (he said what ALL OF US JETS FANS WANTED To SAY ABOUT ADAM GASE and for that I'll always respect him)...

I respect your passion for our team and your disgust in Jamal Adams quitting on us @The Crusher but we'll have to agree to disagree because there is no evidence (none whatsoever) that suggests that Jamal Adams A.) Doesn't care about winning and B.) Doesn't have a love/respect for the game when C.) He's dedicated his entire childhood and life to the game of Football (and now the highest paid Safety of All-Time). 

(If only Marcus Maye or Sam Darnold could've netted us two 1st round picks + a 3rd).

You say a lot here but in the end Seattle overpaid for a safety that can't cover, is annoying to some teammates and most fans, and is just not a difference maker... In college fake leaders like him were tolerated because they were good their job but they were never wanted... 

Leaders don't need to bark like a rabid dog... They lead by teaching and showing the right way... Do you think JA helped teach and get others better like Mosley or just barked st them telling them what they should do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s not the point being made.  The point being made is that he’s a very good player at a position that has little value in the grand scheme of things.  We slipped Marcus Maye into Jamal’s role and didn’t skip a beat while Maye enjoyed a fantastic career year.

That fantastic career year netted us 2 wins over 16 games.

SS isn’t a premium position in today’s game, and that isn’t disputable.  Anytime you can get two firsts, a third, and a player for a SS, you do it.  I hope Douglas finds a way to do it again if he can’t get Maye at a reasonable price.

Just because people here say S's have little value doesn't make it true.  Their the last line of D against the run game and Jamal has been a revelation with regards to rushing the passer.  9.5 sacks in 12 games (which is .5 more than Khalil Mack had in 16), being a stout defender against the run, while also being adequate against the pass are why he's the highest paid S ever.

Exactly no one other than jaded Jet fans put Marcus Maye in the same stratosphere as Jamal. 

I obviously would have taken 2 1sts, a 3rd, and a player (terrible as he may have been) for Jamal.  I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.

The point is that the irrational hatred for a great player because he tweets and has an ego is beyond old.  He's gone.  Long gone.

Hopefully Tucker and whoever they get next year can some day be the perennial all pro player that Adams is.  No amount of whining or twisted logic changes that fact.

11 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You say a lot here but in the end Seattle overpaid for a safety that can't cover, is annoying to some teammates and most fans, and is just not a difference maker... In college fake leaders like him were tolerated because they were good their job but they were never wanted... 

Leaders don't need to bark like a rabid dog... They lead by teaching and showing the right way... Do you think JA helped teach and get others better like Mosley or just barked st them telling them what they should do. 

I recently joined Twitter a couple days ago and seen LSUs former coach absolutely RAVING about Jamal Adams both on and off the field.

So you're wrong in that regard (how no one wanted him).

Jamal never wanted @ LSU is also false. Go to LSU message boards because all of LSU faithful love him. I know. Because in 2018 I asked LSU faithful what they thought of Jamal and they all (99.9% of them) absolutely loved him. 

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

Would you like for me to post every defensive statistic known to mankind of NYJs top 10 2019 Defense with Jamal Adams leading the way in comparison to NYJ's bottom 30 Defense that fell off a 2020 cliff without him?

Fans acting and pretending as if our Defense got "BETTER" without Jamal Adams is a little extreme...

42 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just because people here say S's have little value doesn't make it true.  Their the last line of D against the run game and Jamal has been a revelation with regards to rushing the passer.  9.5 sacks in 12 games (which is .5 more than Khalil Mack had in 16), being a stout defender against the run, while also being adequate against the pass are why he's the highest paid S ever.

Exactly no one other than jaded Jet fans put Marcus Maye in the same stratosphere as Jamal. 

I obviously would have taken 2 1sts, a 3rd, and a player (terrible as he may have been) for Jamal.  I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.

The point is that the irrational hatred for a great player because he tweets and has an ego is beyond old.  He's gone.  Long gone.

Hopefully Tucker and whoever they get next year can some day be the perennial all pro player that Adams is.  No amount of whining or twisted logic changes that fact.

You can create this universe where SS is an important position all you want.  It doesn’t exist.  The fact of the matter is Maye had an excellent year last year.  He actually graded out better than Jamal so to say he’s not on Jamal’s level is patently false.  He may not put up the sack totals off the blitz that Adams does, but he makes up for it with better coverage abilities and turnover numbers.  Furthermore, Jamal is not an excellent pass rusher, he’s an excellent blitzer.  If you line him up like a real pass rusher you’ll watch those numbers disappear.  He needs to be used a very specific way to be an effective player.  He’s a whole load of “ehhhh” in coverage and a great blitzer.  Nothing more, nothing less.  He didn’t subtract from Seattle’s record last year, but he most definitely did not add to it.  That’s where the big debate regarding how much Seattle gave up for him and, ultimately, paid him lies.  The facts are that he is a box safety/WLB hybrid, and that position is about 11th on the list of defense positional importance lists.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Exactly. 

Fans look at his lack of INTs as if he's a FREE SAFETY or something when in reality he's a SS.

Who's job is to dominate the run game and attack QBs and no SS has ever done it better than Jamal Adams. 

Jamal Adams already has more career sacks, tackles for loss and QB hits than Troy Polamalu did throughout his entire career and Troy Polamalu made an NFL living off living in the backfield. 

If Jets fans want to nitpick career INTs let's start with 2nd round Marcus Maye who's a supposedly BALL HAWKING FREE SAFETY with a career of only 6 INTs (now heading into year 5). 

Jamal Adams job isn't to ball hawk in the secondary (FSs responsibilities) because his job as a SS is to dominate the run game and attack the QB. And no one does it better than Jamal Adams (only Adrian Wilson did it almost just as good).

image.thumb.png.40c83820fb6777419bdfcb29b89c457b.png

Ronnie Lott loves Jamal Adams absolutely loves his game and for a good reason too. He's RAVED about #33. 

Are fans around here really saying that they know more about the nature of physical football than Ronnie Lott Lott himself?

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can create this universe where SS is an important position all you want.  It doesn’t exist.  The fact of the matter is Maye had an excellent year last year.  He actually graded out better than Jamal so to say he’s not on Jamal’s level is patently false.  He may not put up the sack totals off the blitz that Adams does, but he makes up for it with better coverage abilities and turnover numbers.  Furthermore, Jamal is not an excellent pass rusher, he’s an excellent blitzer.  If you line him up like a real pass rusher you’ll watch those numbers disappear.  He needs to be used a very specific way to be an effective player.  He’s a whole load of “ehhhh” in coverage and a great blitzer.  Nothing more, nothing less.  He didn’t subtract from Seattle’s record last year, but he most definitely did not add to it.  Thats where the big debate regarding how much Seattle gave up for him and, ultimately, paid him lies.  The facts are that he is a box safety/WLB hybrid, and that position is about 11th on the list of defense positional importance lists.

Like I said..  you can justify it any way you'd like while he keeps making pro bowl and all pro teams.  Everyone else is wrong except a handful of us meathead jet fans.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Like I said..  you can justify it any way you'd like while he keeps making pro bowl and all pro teams.  Everyone else is wrong except a handful of us meathead jet fans.

Pro Bowls are absolutely and utterly meaningless.  All-Pros are nice, I’ll give you that.  You know what’s nicer?  Being directly responsible for your team winning games; something a SS very rarely, if ever, is.  Especially one that doesn’t turn the ball over, as is the case with Jamal Adams.

Let’s use the AVT pick for an example. AVT can protect Zach Wilson.  Zach Wilson can directly win the Jets football games.  Even if AVT becomes nothing more than a “good, but not great” player, he’s more important to the team than a great SS/WLB hybrid will ever be, Pro-Bowl and All-Pro accolades be damned.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I respect your passion for our team and your disgust in Jamal Adams quitting on us @The Crusher but we'll have to agree to disagree because there is no evidence (none whatsoever) that suggests that Jamal Adams A.) Doesn't care about winning and B.) Doesn't have a love/respect for the game when C.) He's dedicated his entire childhood and life to the game of Football (and now the highest paid Safety of All-Time) and could one day develop CTE due to the aggressive style in which he's always played football (I love this dude man).

Him playing football as a kid and parlaying that into a brand that got him paid like it did has nothing to do with his love for the game and winning. He plays the game to make money and develop his brand. Of course he would rather win than lose, literally everyone would, but deep down at the  end of the day it’s the Prez Mal brand he does it for. Not the fans, not his team mates, it’s just about Jamal and the attention he gets. Hey, he’s great at it and more power to him. Bit his career is basically the “ Truman Show.” It’s all an act. Damn good one Id like to add. Just glad we didn’t eat that inane salary. 

• Upvote 3