49ers waive Rosen

2 hours ago, Seibelt said:

To show you how clueless I am, I have no idea if Josh Rosen is better than, worse than, or equal to Sam Darnold.

Hint one is on his second starting gig

The other is filing for unemployment after his fourth team dumped him

• Haha 1

Rosen might not have been ultimately good enough to be more than a backup, but I didn't think he would be out of work. Perhaps he doesn't have what it takes, but all in all, his travels through the NFL were pretty raw deals or bad luck on badly run clubs. Everything that could go wrong did. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What happened to Josh Rosen. 

His character and ego is what happened to him. He's the definition of a player who didn't love Football.

It's sad. I once believed in him. I thought he was the best pure pocket passing QB coming out of the draft. 

And then all of the Pre-Draft interviews of him leaked and I wanted to ignore them. 

He was too confident. Too cocky. Too spoiled and never needed football to begin with (his words). 

• Great talent. Horrible fire. Bad character. Not a leader. Now out of the NFL. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Hint one is on his second starting gig

The other is filing for unemployment after his fourth team dumped him

thats because one team had the guts to get rid of him after one year. it was a ballsy move but it worked out.

who knows, maybe it would have been Darnold filing for unemployment and Rosen starting his 2nd gig if they drafted them.

you know, come to think about it, Sam being on a bad Jets team might have extended his career. at least got him that 5th year extension. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

His character and ego is what happened to him. He's the definition of a player who didn't love Football.

It's sad. I once believed in him. I thought he was the best pure pocket passing QB coming out of the draft. 

And then all of the Pre-Draft interviews of him leaked and I wanted to ignore them. 

He was too confident. Too cocky. Too spoiled and never needed football to begin with (his words). 

kinda reminds me of Trevor. didnt he say he doesnt need football? and didnt he get married on a day he was suppose to be in camp or something? 

31 minutes ago, doitny said:

kinda reminds me of Trevor. didnt he say he doesnt need football? and didnt he get married on a day he was suppose to be in camp or something? 

I'm not sure about the date of him getting married but I do remember him saying how A.) He doesn't need Football for a future and B.) He doesn't watch football for fun (but then again neither did #28 Curtis Martin).

Do I believe Trevor Lawrence will bust because of his laid back personality? Not a chance. I think he's a future All-Pro Quarterback (although right now stick behind an awful Jacksonville O-Line and I think he'll really struggle as a Rookie because of it and I mean really struggle too)9.

Trevor Lawrence is laid back. Josh Rosen was a prick. Big difference imo. 

But would I trade Zach Wilson for Trevor Lawrence straight up? Not anymore. Not in a million years. Wilson has the fire that you just want in your Quarterback and has completely won me over. 

Trevor Lawrence (Andrew Luck).

Zach Wilson (Aaron Rodgers).

Justin Fields (Russell Wilson). 

Mac Jones (Philip Rivers).

That's who all of these Rookie QBs remind me of in terms of playing style and potential and I believe this draft class will become an All-Time great QB draft class. 

The only one who I don't believe in is Trey Lance.

Just too much inexperience for me.

Only 12 career High School TDs and only 10 career High school games played? 

Only 19 NCAA games played (with only 2 games played during his Freshman season and only 1 game played during his final years last season of 2020)?

He has no chance to ever become successful as an NFL QB and I believe none whatsoever. 

What was San Francisco thinking when trading the farm for #3 overall? And what were they thinking passing on JUSTIN FIELDS for Trey Lance?

It's mind boggling to me. 

• Upvote 1

He threw a nearly perfect football and apparently understood the games Xs and Os really well (at least in the pre draft process) but the knock on him was that he had no fire, a bad attitude and lacked motivation.

The fact that he was already in trouble in preseason in his first year points to exactly that, a work ethic and attitude problem.  It just doesn't fly in the NFL.  If you don't love football, you dont get very far.

From the little I saw of him, it looked like he was constantly overwhelmed and couldnt process things quickly enough, which would lead to him holding the ball too long and taking sacks b/c he wasnt mobile.  That's usually lack of mental repetitions.

• Upvote 2

It seems that Rosen essentially forced his own release by complaining that he wasn't getting enough reps in practice.

Guy is still arrogant and just doesn't get it. When you are on your 4th team as the 4th QB behind a veteran starter and a high rookie 1st round pick, you take what reps you are given and do your best with them. You are just barely clinging on in the NFL as it is.

He'll probably get another shot though, because he's still young and he "looks" like a QB. I hope the Jets steer well clear.

If the choice is between the Jets having taken Rosen vs Darnold, the really sad truth remains that Rosen would have been the better choice, even with hindsight to guide us.

And that’s a horrid reflection on Darnold.  Rosen is impossible to root for based on personality but Darnold is also far too nice.  He’s also about to contribute to getting his 3rd HC fired. Can’t say that about Rosen.  Rosen only contributed to one (Wilks) before AZ limited the damage and cut bait. 

Sigh.  To think we could have had Mahomes.  Instead we get Hackenberg and what essentially came down to a Darnold vs Rosen hypothetical (Macc would have taken Rosen had Darnold gone to the Giants).  Fire Macc into the sun repeatedly.

• Sympathy 1

Agreed. And now we don’t have to listen to him any more.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, doitny said:

thats because one team had the guts to get rid of him after one year. it was a ballsy move but it worked out.

who knows, maybe it would have been Darnold filing for unemployment and Rosen starting his 2nd gig if they drafted them.

you know, come to think about it, Sam being on a bad Jets team might have extended his career. at least got him that 5th year extension. 

I think its safe to say that Darnold, as poorly as he's played has put more good film together than Rosen with the bonus of not being a colossal dick

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hael said:

He threw a nearly perfect football and apparently understood the games Xs and Os really well (at least in the pre draft process) but the knock on him was that he had no fire, a bad attitude and lacked motivation.

The fact that he was already in trouble in preseason in his first year points to exactly that, a work ethic and attitude problem.  It just doesn't fly in the NFL.  If you don't love football, you dont get very far.

From the little I saw of him, it looked like he was constantly overwhelmed and couldnt process things quickly enough, which would lead to him holding the ball too long and taking sacks b/c he wasnt mobile.  That's usually lack of mental repetitions.

He was in an absolutely terrible situation his rookie year. The Cardinals let him get absolutely mauled. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, DannyDevito3 said:

He was in an absolutely terrible situation his rookie year. The Cardinals let him get absolutely mauled. 

Explain Kyler Murray’s rookie year then a few months after Rosen’s performance.  And please spare us from listing rookie HC Kliff Kingsbury as the top reason.  

7 hours ago, doitny said:

His dad said he is not a win a super bowl at all costs type of guy. Alarming words about a FQB if you ask me

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, doitny said:

Sam had some good games and flashes of brilliance to go along with his bad ones. Rosen just had stinkers. 

The Rosen narrative about personality is overblown. The Rosen issue is more about evaluator error.

I really liked Rosen but even then I felt like I was just making up facts to reach a conclusion. The guy wasn’t especially accurate. He also had a mediocre arm. He also was bad under pressure. All of this was ignored because he was big time recruit with a good freshman year under his belt. 

So yes there’s something to personality but the primary differences  between him (who I liked) and Josh Allen (who I hated) is that Josh Allen is immune to pressure on top of being bigger, faster, stronger and having an elite level nfl arm. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain Kyler Murray’s rookie year then a few months after Rosen’s performance.  And please spare us from listing rookie HC Kliff Kingsbury as the top reason.  

Rosen sucks, but a bad offensive line for Murray isn't as big of a deal since he has elite mobility. Rosen with a bad oline is a sitting duck. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Rosen narrative about personality is overblown. The Rosen issue is more about evaluator error.

I really liked Rosen but even then I felt like I was just making up facts to reach a conclusion. The guy wasn’t especially accurate. He also had a mediocre arm. He also was bad under pressure. All of this was ignored because he was big time recruit with a good freshman year under his belt. 

So yes there’s something to personality but the primary differences  between him (who I liked) and Josh Allen (who I hated) is that Josh Allen is immune to pressure on top of being bigger, faster, stronger and having an elite level nfl arm. 

Many of us didn't want Allen because his scouting report resembled Hackenburg in that he was a big strong kid, who looked like an elite QB talent and we were all asked to ignore his crappy college stats/ bad comp pct. and just trust the scouts who say he will figure it out in the NFL.