Private NFL QB Coach Tim Jenkins breaks down Zach Wilson’s debut.

Mogglez

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Love analysis from guys who basically have zero skin in the game, and thus can be as close to objective as possible. 

He literally starts the video admitting confirmation bias because he had him ranked QB1 in the draft.   lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

He literally starts the video admitting confirmation bias because he had him ranked QB1 in the draft.   lmfao

Yep, just like Simms, literally got boners when talking about the boy but yeah kinda sorta basically almost unbiased. I was more impressed when that idiot Cowherd back tracked some. At least we know it’s an actual result of watching that first preseason game tape. 

26 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Great breakdown.   I hope he keeps making them.  

He said the throw on the blitz was bad but I like that he diddnt take the sack. 

The Jets need a TE to step up. They are not even getting JAG level stuff yet.  

I don't think he said it was necessarily a bad throw but more that he should have recognized the pressure and therefore took a shorter drop, move more quickly and get the ball out sooner.  It was more of a "read" issue was his concern.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think he said it was necessarily a bad throw but more that he should have recognized the pressure and therefore took a shorter drop, move more quickly and get the ball out sooner.  It was more of a "read" issue was his concern.

Ah makes sense.  Maybe a play design needs to be tweaked and it's not on the players.  We won't ever know lol.  

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, just like Simms, literally got boners when talking about the boy but yeah kinda sorta basically almost unbiased. I was more impressed when that idiot Cowherd back tracked some. At least we know it’s an actual result of watching that first preseason game tape. 

The idea that anyone took the time to break down a preseason game is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard but that's the NFL these days.  WWF, week to week drama, talking head morons galore magnified now more then ever because anyone with the "tape" fancies themselves as someone who thinks they know what they're seeing.  It's gross and 9 times out of 10 more about being right then anything else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Would that be the same confirmation bias that makes your opinions about Wilson worthless?

Considering that I was critical of Wilson and that I've been complimentary of what I've seen so far and also saying that I felt he was easily the best of the debuts, you would think my opinion would be held to higher degree because I'm not trying to confirm anything.  I'm a critical fan so naturally, my objective opinions are 10000000x more valuable then you're terrible constant homerific takes. 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Considering that I was critical of Wilson and that I've been complimentary of what I've seen so far and also saying that I felt he was easily the best of the debuts, you would think my opinion would be held to higher degree because I'm not trying to confirm anything.  I'm a critical fan so naturally, my objective opinions are 10000000x more valuable then you're terrible constant homerific takes. 

Yeah, I know, I know. You're the resident expert football analyst. 

• Haha 3

One thing I thought was interesting (and again, maybe he's biased, maybe he's not) was that for some of the throws where Zach seemed locked in on his receiver - the guy was saying that it was a clear pre-snap read where to go.  IOW, he *should* have known pre-snap where to go.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

In fairness, he rated Fields high too - and wasn’t high in him at draft time. 

The encouraging thing in the video is that Zach seems capable of reading a defense. At least, it seems that way - it’ll have to prove out over time.

No ghosts…, yet.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The idea that anyone took the time to break down a preseason game is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard but that's the NFL these days.  WWF, week to week drama, talking head morons galore magnified now more then ever because anyone with the "tape" fancies themselves as someone who thinks they know what they're seeing.  It's gross and 9 times out of 10 more about being right then anything else. 

Content can be monetized. Not sure why that’s pathetic…. Get rich however you can.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The encouraging thing in the video is that Zach seems capable of reading a defense. At least, it seems that way - it’ll have to prove out over time.

No ghosts…, yet.

Boo bitch! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No ghosts…, yet.

I dont know what this means - he rated him high on his preseason debut?   Neat.

I dont think there was a whole lot of reading going on, to be honest.  Vanilla D, back ups, 1 pressure, etc, they didnt show him much.  The game seemed very scripted and specific.  It was short to intermediate, predetermined first read and get it out fast.  Which is fine, he executed damn near flawlessly. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Content can be monetized. Not sure why that’s pathetic…. Get rich however you can.

Fair.  Good point.  Pathetic that anyone would actually give a **** about this was a better way to put it.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont know what this means - he rated him high on his preseason debut?   Neat.

I dont think there was a whole lot of reading going on, to be honest.  Vanilla D, back ups, 1 pressure, etc, they didnt show him much.  The game seemed very scripted and specific.  It was short to intermediate, predetermined first read and get it out fast.  Which is fine, he executed damn near flawlessly. 

Fair.  Good point.  Pathetic that anyone would actually give a **** about this was a better way to put it.

That was really my take away from that night as well.  We saw in the green white scrimmage that during the scripted portion of plays that Zach looked much better than the “unscripted” portion.  In the Giants game he executed the scripted plays really well, but it was simple, and that’s fine.   I think “analyzing” these preseason week one performances is a bit much, there isn’t a lot to take away IMO.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, sec101row23 said:

That was really my take away from that night as well.  We saw in the green white scrimmage that during the scripted portion of plays that Zach looked much better than the “unscripted” portion.  In the Giants game he executed the scripted plays really well, but it was simple, and that’s fine.   I think “analyzing” these preseason week one performances is a bit much, there isn’t a lot to take away IMO.   

100%.  Literally one of the @TeddEY the most meaningless exercises I've ever seen or heard! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yes, I agree.

I don’t think it’s worth an over reaction, but it’s actually quality content compared to debate formats on ESPN.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I wish I could have a catalog of the XXXXXest things JiF has ever heard.  Seems like there's a new one, at least bi-weekly.

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You sound like my wife.

Really?

@TeddEY can you talk dirty to me, I want to see if I notice it too.

♥️♥️♥️

• Haha 2