Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

Lith

These joint practices scare me more than preseason games and I've literally said a prayer to protect all of our players from serious injury (because the intensity is about to get heated).

@Lith thank you for all that you've done you've really made my Training Camp here on JN A+ (as have others, thnx you).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

These joint practices scare me more than preseason games and I've literally said a prayer to protect all of our players from serious injury (because the intensity is about to get heated).

But these two practices are the best test this defense is likely to get all pre-season.  Rodgers is not playing on Saturday, Kurt Benkert and maybe Jordan Love (if healthy) will get most reps.  Really curious to see how the secondary hold up against Rodgers, Davante Adams and co.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Should be an interesting matchup.  Kingsley Keke is listed as RDE #1 for the Packer.  Big guy at 6'3" 288 lbs.  

Except that's not big next to Becton.

And he ran a 4.95 40 (Lawson ran a 4.67 out of college).  

I would expect to see Keke have a very quiet day and will be disappointed if he even gets a sniff of any red jerseys.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Should be an interesting matchup.  Kinglsey Keke is listed as RDE #1 for the Packer.  Big guy at 6'3" 288 lbs.  

Except that's not big next to Becton.

And he ran a 4.95 40 (Lawson ran a 4.67 out of college).  

I would expect to see Keke have a very quiet day and will be disappointed if he even gets a sniff of any red jerseys.

Becton may be going up against Z Smith off the edge today.

Just now, Lith said:

Becton may be going up against Z Smith off the edge today.

Damn, you're right.  3-4 defense.  

Not as fast as Lawson but should give us an opportunity to see if defending Lawson has made Becton better against outside speed rushers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

But these two practices are the best test this defense is likely to get all pre-season.  Rodgers is not playing on Saturday, Kurt Benkert and maybe Jordan Love (if healthy) will get most reps.  Really curious to see how the secondary hold up against Rodgers, Davante Adams and co.

Well said. 

I'm telling you now and calling it early. 

Bryce Hall is getting a pick off of Rodgers vs. Adams today.

image.thumb.png.58256a34063c27ef316d0d49dde5133f.png