Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

Lith

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

A bit of a reality check. The packers are a top 5 team. Looks like we are not. The Giants are a bottom 5 team.

Exactly, people need to stop freaking out that our youngsters are getting blasted by a super bowl favorite 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Jets have 99 problems and Becton could very easily be one of them. I was fine preaching patience against Lawson, but hes already been beat 2-3 times and we're like 15 minutes into practice...

Did you not watch how dominant Mekhi Becton was throughout 12 games last year (14 starts) or better yet did you not watch our Giants preseason game or something? Because Mekhi Becton was Mt. Becton in pass protection and Highway 77 as a road grader in the run game he was our most dominant player. 

And you're crying about a practice? No. Not a game not a game but  PRACTICE?!?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

You can criticize all you want.  Real games will be the test. And he some of those on tape 

There have been plenty of flash in the pan one year wonder rookies.  Especially when they come in physically dominant.  Becton’s technique has always been bad.  I can’t think of one player who’s been dog-sh*t in practice only to come back and dominate in games.  Hope I’m wrong though.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Has Lawson's name been called yet?

Jets against Jets that's all we read.

Until the secondary started giving up slant after slant, DL reports were very good.  It’s been chaos trying to follow everything and everyone though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

There have been plenty of flash in the pan one year wonder rookies.  Especially when they come in physically dominant.  Becton’s technique has always been bad.  I can’t think of one player who’s been dog-sh*t in practice only to come back and dominate in games.  Hope I’m wrong though.

You are putting more weight into practice than games. Fine.  To each his own

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

De-f*cking-lusional.

How many sacks did Mekhi Becton give up throughout all of last year during 12 games (14 starts)?

Delusional? As a ROOKIE he was our most DOMINANT player outside of only Quinnen Williams last year. 

Was also our most dominant player on Saturday vs. NYG. 

This is PRACTICE for a 2nd year player. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Until the secondary started giving up slant after slant, DL reports were very good.  It’s been chaos trying to follow everything and everyone though.

This is actually good news. We need to recognize our weaknesses early on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

You are putting more weight into practice than games. Fine.  To each his own

If you can find an example of a good player having a sh*t spring/summer, only to turn it around and be good, you let me know.

Sheldon Richardson, Mo Wilk, and countless others had good seasons too. Now where are they?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Jets have 99 problems and Becton could very easily be one of them. I was fine preaching patience against Lawson, but hes already been beat 2-3 times and we're like 15 minutes into practice...

He did ok in the game though.  I understand the concern but I would rely more on what we see Saturday.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah nah it's totally normal for future all pros to give up a sack every 10 plays.

He's been one of the worst players all through camp and is getting annihilated today.

He was our most dominant offensive player last year during real games and was the most dominant Jets player vs. NYG during a GAME.

And you're over here making a big deal about an Allen Iverson PRACTICE?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If you can find an example of a good player having a sh*t spring/summer, only to turn it around and be good, you let me know.

Sheldon Richardson, Mo Wilk, and countless others had good seasons too. Now where are they?

Jimmy G during the season when the 49ers went to the Superbowl.

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Did you not watch how dominant Mekhi Becton was throughout 12 games last year (14 starts) or better yet did you not watch our Giants preseason game or something? Because Mekhi Becton was Mt. Becton in pass protection and Highway 77 as a road grader in the run game he was our most dominant player. 

And you're crying about a practice? No. Not a game not a game but  PRACTICE?!?!?

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How many sacks did Mekhi Becton give up throughout all of last year during 12 games (14 starts)?

Delusional? As a ROOKIE he was our most DOMINANT player outside of only Quinnen Williams last year. 

Was also our most dominant player on Saturday vs. NYG. 

This is PRACTICE for a 2nd year player. 

I'm suddenly feeling less confident about Becton.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

I was expecting GB to “beat” the Jets in practice while hoping for a couple of bright spots like Becton and Lawson. Unfortunately, from the tweets the Jets were totally thrashed. The only possible “bright spot” is that Wilson seemed to do fairly well considering all the pressure he faced. 

This is great for the Jets to see what a championship team looks like and hopefully they will grow from the adversity that Saleh talked about and become better and stronger from it as this is the only quality team they play during the preseason. 

• Upvote 2