Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The stuff about Becton is a bit concerning but not Green Bay’s offense owning us.

Rodgers is still arguably the best QB in the league. He was always going to sh*t on our defense in these practices.

If I were counseling Zack during these joint practices with the Packers?   I'd tell him to study what Rodgers does, then do it exactly for us for the next 10 years.  Nobody throws a better ball, especially deep.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson finally meets his idol.

Sacagawea must be inconsolable right now.

@Lith I read all your practice threads and realized I have not thanked you.   Really appreciate what you, and all the others, do to keep us informed.   Well done.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He was our most dominant offensive player last year during real games and was the most dominant Jets player vs. NYG during a GAME.

And you're over here making a big deal about an Allen Iverson PRACTICE?!?

He was our most dominant player on offense last year??

How many games did he actually start? And considering the 2020 offensive Jets that’s a pretty low bar 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

Jimmy G during the season when the 49ers went to the Superbowl.

It’s a little bit different to compare Becton to a guy who was playing his first football in over a year due to injury, but yeah, I guess.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Rodgers must be on cloud 9 right now. Can only imagine what pearls of wisdom Zach gave to him.

I'd say Zach has a few things to offer:

BYU QB Zach Wilson Actually Took 2 Cougars Cheerleaders to His High School  Senior Prom

Not that Rodgers is suffering in the WAG department but he seems to have been a one-at-a-time guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Really starting to look like passing on Wirfs was a disaster. That whole draft looking atrocious.

Stop it. Dude. Just stop it. 

• Wirfs is a RT and not a Franchise LT. 

• Wirfs was hidden behind HOF GOAT LEGEND QB Tom Brady (gets the ball out faster than anyone) and Wirfs was also hidden behind the likes of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones II (and I live in Tampa Bay so I got to read all about it) and none of my Buccaneers friends raved about "Wirfs" for TB12 winning them a Super Bowl 😂🤣

√ Put your little RT Wirfs @ LT last year and surrounded by Adam Gase/Sam Darnold/Joe Flacco/Perriman/Gore/Herndon etc 

AND I GUARANTEE YOU THAT BOTH YOU AND PFF WOULD BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

Just stop with the "Wirfs" talk already because Becton @ RT and hidden behind the GOAT 🐐 TB12 and Becton would've made the Pro Bowl and All-Pro team last year dude.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
26 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah nah it's totally normal for future all pros to give up a sack every 10 plays.

He's been one of the worst players all through camp and is getting annihilated today.

Oh these count? Maybe you could look up his PFF training camp grade for us to prove how much he's getting "annihilated" 

• Upvote 4
Just now, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Oh these count? Maybe you could look up his PFF training camp grade for us to prove how much he's getting "annihilated" 

This is next level coping.

Andy Herman
Rodgers throws deep to MVS. Slightly out of reach but holding or PI called on the Jets. Yes refs are here. Great screen to Deguara but Jarrad Davis lays him out. Adams gets in his face a bit and now Jets take him off the field. Lazard just juked Austin out of his jock.
Blogger / Podcaster
  •  
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember years when the Jets dominated preseason and would go like 4-0 in exhibition games followed by a 6-10 season. Some of you need to calm down with these preseason overreactions. He was good last year. No reason to think he won't be as good, if not better this year. 

Not to mention he's learning a new system and probably not looking to maul a dude in practice. 

Becton looking like a poor mans Wayne Hunter is a concern. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Saleh started off his press conference after the giants game that 2 people got injured…Griffen and Zuniga

Old saying….you practice like you play. Zuniga never practices, this, he never plays.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, section314 said:

Was out in GB a few years ago in August. Got a tour of Lambeau, then walked two blocks and watched practice. Had my Jets hat and Jersey on, of course. The Packer fans were very polite, but they acted like they felt sorry for me.😁When you are inside Lambeau Field you literally feel like you are in a shrine. Was one of the greatest sporting moments of my life.

Same here. Went to the game we lost out there with Geno @ QB. Best game experience of my life (despite the outcome)

• Like 1

Defense is showing up.  At least the DL is.  

It would be nice to hear a little more good news from the offensive side of the ball.  Maybe tomorrow.

• Upvote 1