Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Others have said it.  But this Lawson is really starting to sound like a legit beast.   Dude, don't get hurt and show this intensity once live action starts.  We need this level pass rusher.  

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson finally meets his idol.

Sacagawea must be inconsolable right now.

@Lith I read all your practice threads and realized I have not thanked you.   Really appreciate what you, and all the others, do to keep us informed.   Well done.

Posted Images

Andy Herman
Benkert to Begelton - 8 yard-ish pickup. Beautiful series of cuts by Patrick Taylor who reversed fields & picked up 15+ on a run. Gorgeous run. Benkert to Sternberger over the middle. Another big collision and the ball pops loose. Definitely more contact today than we’ve seen.
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How many sacks did Mekhi Becton give up throughout all of last year during 12 games (14 starts)?

Delusional? As a ROOKIE he was our most DOMINANT player outside of only Quinnen Williams last year. 

Was also our most dominant player on Saturday vs. NYG. 

This is PRACTICE for a 2nd year player. 

Not the point, He is given up sacks now, its ok for people to be concerned. Not that hard of a concept. 

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Same here. Went to the game we lost out there with Geno @ QB. Best game experience of my life (despite the outcome)

That was the game Geno threw a td pass right at the end that either would have tied or won the game, but the refs said somebody on the Jets called a TO, right?

• Upvote 1
Just now, The Crusher said:

Not the point, He is given up sacks now, its ok for people to be concerned. Not that hard of a concept. 

Yup.  The NFL, like most other sports, is all about how a player is performing now, not in the past.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.41cbd63ea96285958be681aef801124a.png

I remember a couple of weeks ago I made a post immediately after Aaron Rodgers ended his offseason holdout and mentioned how I was A+ excited for Zach Wilson to have an opportunity to practice with, learn from and pick Aaron Rodgers brain and all I remember (still to this day) was someone quoting me just to tell me how much of a prick Aaron Rodgers is and how all he'd do is ignore Zach Wilson like a prick etc. 

This picture (above) makes my heart happy for Zach Wilson.

I posted similar stuff and got same reaction.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Malone is an interesting guy - former 4th round pick for Cincinnati.  Been hurt a lot and never lived up to his billing, but if he's healthy, he might sneak in and make the team - I think he was on the practice squad last year.....can't recall

• Upvote 3
36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So far the highlight of Becton’s spring and summer has been showing up out of shape, getting hurt (likely because of the fact that he was carrying extra weight), and shutting down a rookie Azeez Ojulari in a pre-season game.  The criticism is absolutely warranted.

I would rather he fill up on humble pie now, and be ready to give payback during the regular season.  It is troubling though.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, British Jet said:

So judge him in a real game. 

That's my plan.  Just amplifying Crusher's post.  

I'm in no way giving up on Becton from these practice failings.  All that matters is what he does starting game one.  But, hearing all the times he's allowed sacks in practice can't just be ignored.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

There is no coping LOL! I'm over the age 12 and my memory of football goes beyond a year. It can take an oline a year to gel in a system with 2 new starters. including a rookie. I know the Madden players of Twitter and the beat aren't gonna say this. But it's not as simple as throwing 5 guys on the line and everyone just blocks the guy across from them. It isn't that simple whatsoever 

200.gif

• Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That's my plan.  Just amplifying Crusher's post.  

I'm in no way giving up on Becton from these practice failings.  All that matters is what he does starting game one.  But, hearing all the times he's allowed sacks in practice can't just be ignored.

In a real game you can actually tackle the QB. If Becton is loafing he’ll get Wilson hurt, which would be a bigger disaster than Becton just being a bust. Moses can play LT.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I would rather he fill up on humble pie now, and be ready to give payback during the regular season.  It is troubling though.

Exactly.  Maybe don’t buy a big gold chain that says “Big Ticket” and focus more on keeping your technique sound and your weight down.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He started 13 games last year (played in 14). 

And all games played were in pads too, Kevin. 

He also played in 70% of our Jets offensive snaps last year (691 total snaps). 

He wasn't as "injury prone" as you try and make him out to be. 

And throughout 685

of those 691 snaps Mekhi Becton was absolutely DOMINANT. 

image.thumb.png.a78482982a7b5a59bf2444404551bc08.png

image.png.63555b00a76ba0ea83a5c965c74316f0.png

image.thumb.png.69808a7b2ba5bfad0f4dc259738d974c.png

image.thumb.png.721d8de4021c38f4731cf63d52c92057.png

tenor.gif?itemid=19315811

Let me guess. You're only asking me how many games Mekhi Becton played because your were too busy attending 1:00 Tampa Bay Buccaneers games and you missed out on Mekhi Becton dominating?

A) ? I don’t live in Florida? 
B I watched every jet game since 1995 unless I had work.

c) bechton has been getting beat like a drum all camp and was injury prone last year 

• Upvote 2
Just now, DetroitRed said:

Time to bench Bakhtiari 

That always sounded like the name of an alien race on Star Trek.

And the way he played could support that theory.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, section314 said:

That was the game Geno threw a td pass right at the end that either would have tied or won the game, but the refs said somebody on the Jets called a TO, right?

Yep

Getting destroyed today but I'd rather have these kind of reports be now than in the regular season. I think this has real value in a lesson so we can adjust and be a better team in the future.

• Upvote 3