Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

Lith

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Malone is an interesting guy - former 4th round pick for Cincinnati.  Been hurt a lot and never lived up to his billing, but if he's healthy, he might sneak in and make the team - I think he was on the practice squad last year.....can't recall

Question is who does he make it over if Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore & (hopefully) Mims are locks.

I guess he'll battle Berrios & V.Smith for the 6th spot (maybe). Will need to show on STs to make it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He started 13 games last year (played in 14). 

And all games played were in pads too, Kevin. 

He also played in 70% of our Jets offensive snaps last year (691 total snaps). 

He wasn't as "injury prone" as you try and make him out to be. 

And throughout 685

of those 691 snaps Mekhi Becton was absolutely DOMINANT. 

image.thumb.png.a78482982a7b5a59bf2444404551bc08.png

image.png.63555b00a76ba0ea83a5c965c74316f0.png

image.thumb.png.69808a7b2ba5bfad0f4dc259738d974c.png

image.thumb.png.721d8de4021c38f4731cf63d52c92057.png

tenor.gif?itemid=19315811

Let me guess. You're only asking me how many games Mekhi Becton played because your were too busy attending 1:00 Tampa Bay Buccaneers games and you missed out on Mekhi Becton dominating?

Dude! He's been getting killed in camp and he's getting killed today. What he did last year was last year, we have to worry about the now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton is embarrassing and has had the worst camp of anyone on the team.  He continues to get beat like a drum everyday.

Maybe he needs some humbling. Maybe his head was gassed up from last year and he needed it deflated a bit. Is he showing signs of his injury, or is he just not getting it done?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wonder how much "LG is a problem" is contributing to Becton getting beat.  I doubt Saleh will throw Feeney under the bus in his press conference, but I am holding out some hope that plugging a better LG in will help alleviate some of the problems Becton is showing.  

Because sometimes hope is all we have.

It's the hope that kills you.....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.thumb.png.41cbd63ea96285958be681aef801124a.png

I remember a couple of weeks ago I made a post immediately after Aaron Rodgers ended his offseason holdout and mentioned how I was A+ excited for Zach Wilson to have an opportunity to practice with, learn from and pick Aaron Rodgers brain and all I remember (still to this day) was someone quoting me just to tell me how much of a prick Aaron Rodgers is and how all he'd do is ignore Zach Wilson like a prick etc. 

This picture (above) makes my heart happy for Zach Wilson.

Your usage of (parenthesis) annoys (the) (****) outta me. 

+ Becton needs to step the **** up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2