Alex Lewis retires

mrcoops

I wish him luck and happiness.  It sounds like he is making a responsible decision, and no need anymore to speculate what his issues were.

But this also shows how important it is to build an OL.  We thought we had almost solved the problems, but we did not.  Relying on GVR to be a starter at RG is not the answer.    With Clark likely needing another redshirt year and Edoga another mess, the OL is not as good as we thought it was.  

Although we did not know necessarily what type of line we were trying to build, passing on all of those linemen in 2020 is looking worse and worse for JD.  

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

I wish him luck and happiness.  It sounds like he is making a responsible decision, and no need anymore to speculate what his issues were.

But this also shows how important it is to build an OL.  We thought we had almost solved the problems, but we did not.  Relying on GVR to be a starter at RG is not the answer.    With Clark likely needing another redshirt year and Edoga another mess, the OL is not as good as we thought it was.  

Although we did not know necessarily what type of line we were trying to build, passing on all of those linemen in 2020 is looking worse and worse for JD.  

AVT and GVR will be the starters with Feeny and probably Moore as backups at G since Moore was a very good waiver claim many other teams wanted but we beat out for with our 2nd overall slot position on waivers.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I havent been following along with him, was this a mental health issue?

i dont remember who said it but it was Saleh or someone credible....they said that he had started to experience some head trauma type symptoms and was taking time to deal with it.

• Upvote 1