TOP GUN Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins Flawless Victory

17 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

So you call out Nolder’s post as gross and the only thing that pinged for you on D1, and the only reason you didn’t vote him was because he modded the last game, but you come into D2 and drop a vote on Nyn?

Another good post by jvil.

All caught up.

vote Beaver

Don't like Beaver's voting, particularly his vote on Greseed less than 2 hours from deadline, giving a jokey reasoning, and his vote on Stark today seemed super opportunistic after he spent Day 1 sussing Nolder.

Still don't like Stark's play from Day 1, but I tend to tunnel on my first scum read, so I don't want to focus on him right now, plus he was put to L-1 super quick, it seemed.

Nolder looks like he's given up. Could also grant his request and kill him, too.

39 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why the obsession with JiF?

Not obsessed just my best guess with limited info.

Since they killed Ape were right back where we were unless others start posting more.

Im kind of tired of trying to push a game and gettting lynched for it so don't give me any sh*t about leading by example or whatever.

23 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Not obsessed just my best guess with limited info.

Since they killed Ape were right back where we were unless others start posting more.

Im kind of tired of trying to push a game and gettting lynched for it so don't give me any sh*t about leading by example or whatever.

So, you're gonna complain about lack of participation while phoning it in.

Got it.

When the game picks up, you'd better, too.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

the bold: that's not better

Why wait for anyone else to make a play to move your joke vote?

I think there were 4 people playing the day of the deadline. No one was around doing anything. I hoped people would come in and do something. 
I didn’t feel like moving the vote to see if anyone else would try to see a VC and be opportunistic 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

All caught up.

vote Beaver

Don't like Beaver's voting, particularly his vote on Greseed less than 2 hours from deadline, giving a jokey reasoning, and his vote on Stark today seemed super opportunistic after he spent Day 1 sussing Nolder.

Still don't like Stark's play from Day 1, but I tend to tunnel on my first scum read, so I don't want to focus on him right now, plus he was put to L-1 super quick, it seemed.

Nolder looks like he's given up. Could also grant his request and kill him, too.

I do like this post. Beavers first post of the game felt an read linke scared scum trying to drop a playful vote. 

not bad spoot. Thoughts on pac saying he doesn’t think I’m scum but still parked on me? Unless I missed an unvote 

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, you're gonna complain about lack of participation while phoning it in.

Got it.

When the game picks up, you'd better, too.

Yes. I've spent too many games being the one to try to push activity only to have it burn me almost every time.

Gets old. Same thing happened on Dragonmount for many years.

It's funny too because sometimes I would be scum when this would happen and people would think they caught scum when all they were really doing was lynching the loudest voice in the room who just happened to also be scum.

And that's why I would end up getting mad because if I just shut my ******* mouth I could slide through the game like so many other people as town or mafia or whatever but that sh*t bores me so I try to encourage people to post and especially to vote.

But it usually doesn't work.

Golden rule I tend to play by: if you're not talking you need to be voting.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I think there were 4 people playing the day of the deadline. No one was around doing anything. I hoped people would come in and do something. 
I didn’t feel like moving the vote to see if anyone else would try to see a VC and be opportunistic 

I get that low participation can be frustrating for those who are participating -- I really do -- but you have to see how you keeping the vote there and waiting for others was suspicious, especially since you had legitimate reads of your own to pursue. If you wanted to lay a trap and gauge reactions, I can understand that.

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I do like this post. Beavers first post of the game felt an read linke scared scum trying to drop a playful vote. 

I usually don't glean anything out of first posts, myself, but I can respect that we're both seeing Beaver the same way now.

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Thoughts on pac saying he doesn’t think I’m scum but still parked on me? Unless I missed an unvote 

I think Pac is dumb and sucks at Mafia, and I don't think much of him. I also know he doesn't play transparently, so it's hard to glean much from every stupid thing he does. I usually think he's scum every game I play with him, though.

And, IIRC, he might be one of the players who absolutely hates self-voting and will vote self-voters on principal.

I'll have to go back and re-read that sequence.

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Yes. I've spent too many games being the one to try to push activity only to have it burn me almost every time.

Gets old. Same thing happened on Dragonmount for many years.

It's funny too because sometimes I would be scum when this would happen and people would think they caught scum when all they were really doing was lynching the loudest voice in the room who just happened to also be scum.

And that's why I would end up getting mad because if I just shut my ******* mouth I could slide through the game like so many other people as town or mafia or whatever but that sh*t bores me so I try to encourage people to post and especially to vote.

But it usually doesn't work.

Golden rule I tend to play by: if you're not talking you need to be voting.

Fair enough, and I understand the frustration.

That said, as the game picks up, I will expect you to do the same thing.

• Upvote 1

I mean you want some effort? Sure whatever. I mean I signed up so I guess I owe it but it's discouraging when so often it doesn't catch on.

Let's go through the list and see what's what.

Crusher - Starts the game voting me which is null for now. I decided to OMGUS vote him for fun and he called it gross, which it is so fair enough. Calls 80 voting me "solid" then after a little banter votes Nyn. I would say his first real post in the game was on Monday when he said Jifs post was a call for attention and that he didn't think it was indicative of alignment but also seemed to appreciate that I was pushing a train to try to move the game along rather than wait for deadline. I appreciate that appreciation (lol). Also said he'd reread when he gets the chance and then when he did said there wasn't much to go on. He's not wrong although that does feel a bit lazy of a response so ehhh hard to hold it against him even if I'd like to. Switches his vote from Nyn to Pac which I like because Nyn wasn't much of a factor in this game (hence Spoot being in now). So at least he didn't let his vote sit useless which is a plus in my book. Says he prefers Pac to Ape which while he was right about Ape I guess doesn't really say anything about Pac. Banters about vacation and reminisces about Uncle Chuck. Mentions he's specifically against lynching Ape again which IMO is a red flag albeit a small one since Ape had barely posted the entire game how can Crusher have such a clear idea he was Town? Regardless he also says Pac has shown up so he's willing to switch for now and votes Stark but doesn't say why. When asked why Stark by Drums he says "because **** Stark" which is as good a reason as any at this point I guess. Drums continues to press him and he says he's ok with Pac being town for now but something Stark said didn't sit right with him and he liked him for scum since D1. This seems odd since he never mentioned it or voted Stark before hand. Stark eventually votes Crusher to which Crush responds it's a solid vote and he'll reread more and then give reads but he leaves for the beach soon. Makes a few posts quoting people and commenting but imo doesn't really say a whole lot worth repeating or mentioning. He does quote Stark and says he likes his play up to that point which I thought was weird since earlier he said he didn't. Later he unvotes Stark which is I think around the time I put him at L-2 or whatever. Responds to a post by Jvill and says Stark looks better now (why didn't he look good before?) and that Jvill looks ok too but Jif needs a kick in the ass and votes Jif.

And that's it for Crusher. Overall seems like normal jokey Crusher.

I think he's not really paying as much attention as he's pretending to but I don't necessarily think that means he's scum yet.

Couple red flags worth pushing on though tbh. Particularly want to know what he was talking about with regards to Stark.

• Haha 2

JiF - Seems a little miffed by Pac voting him early and responds with some snark followed shortly by announcing he's not his favorite role (VT) completely unprompted. He then goes on to claim he's scum. I'm not going to do a deep dive about Jif and meta and all that in this post I just want to point out that this is WIFOM. Even if he's Town he's introduced a whole thing that the rest of the Town did not need. I think it's a problem and that's what I voted him for before and it's why I'm still on his ass somewhat. This hasn't been resolved. Fast forward to deadline day and Stark is telling him he should vote and Jif seems to not realize there is a deadline. He asks Jvill who he should vote and tells him he'll vote whoever Jvill tells him too. Jvill doesn't take the bait and says he wants Jif to pick but Jif says he's got nothing and repeats that he'll vote whoever Jvill says. Why Jvill? Right place right time? What if Jvill told Jif to vote Jif? Only Jif knows the answers to those questions. So he says he kind of forgot about this game and got caught up talking about football which tbh I kind of believe but that doesn't excuse the odd behavior when he has been here. He votes Ape and then switches to Jvill awhile later. No explanations. Then he votes Stark and when asked why Stark by Drums he said it seemed like the cool thing to do. Unvotes later on. 

And that's it for content from Jif.

I hope summarized you all have a better idea of why I would have rather lynched Jif than let it fall on Greenseed because of deadline.

• Haha 2

80 - So at the start he counter votes me for voting Crusher saying I like Pac saying no one likes Pac so I'm lying. Obviously a joke vote. Kind of seems to not like Jifs thing about not being his favorite role either but then turns around and says it's a null tell and says Jif is having D1 fun. That may be the case but I don't think that explains what Jifs done since. Slightly bothered by this early defense of Jif. Later on says he's keeping his vote on me for three reasons: Jifs vote was clearly a joke (according to 80), last time he was scum with me I tried to get the game going so he wants to see if this is my meta, Wednesday. Talks about how I play the game and my philosophy for playing and says I'm not hinting at my role but he has no problem voting me for doing what I'm doing. Which doesn't really make sense to me. If he knows I'd vote Jif regardless of my alignment why is he voting me for it? Quotes a post by Pac and says he likes what he sees and that it's a Town look. Asks me why I didn't like the post because I downvoted it. I didn't see him ask me so I'll just answer now. It's because I was trying to get the game going too but you didn't give me any credit, instead you voted me. And yet Pac looks like Town for it? LOL! Go eat a dick jackass. That's why I neg repped you.

Tells Crusher he can move his vote to Stark because it's weird Stark to ask Jif to vote someone (note this is how greenseed got lynched; lack of voting). Says Jif is clear town (emphasis mine) while hedging by saying Jif tricked him last game. Says the rule about not lynching someone D1 because they just modded is dead and Beaver should vote me with him. I agree the rule should be retired but I also feel like 80 is pushing on me harder here than is warranted. Says his top 2 to vote are me and Stark. This all seems to revolve around Jif imo and it's weird. Jvill quotes 80 saying that what Jif said about not being his favorite role wasn't indicative of his alignment and also quoted 80 saying Jif was clear town and asked 80 to "square the circle" for him. 80 responds saying that disinterested Jif is Town Jif a high% of the time (why would this be the case if VT is his favorite role?). Also says Jif not being serious is Town Jif. Goes on to say even though he said the posts Jif made were not alignment indicative the Jif joking around is a Town look. I kind of let this slide by earlier because I was getting depressed and bored by the game but I strongly question the reasoning that is being presented here. Happy to go into the nitty gritty with 80 and/or anyone else later. Makes an interesting statement in response to Beaver which I'll quote in full "Only if you do something noteworthy that was deserving of votes.  Simple inactivity isn't enough." Not sure how what I did was so noteworthy or deserving of votes. Stark responds to being 80s number 2 and 80 claims he gave a reason which Stark didn't acknowledge. Kind of gets into some personal stuff with Stark and they have a back and forth. After that Stark downplays his thing with Jif where he asked him to vote while 80 says he finds it strange that Stark is so interested in Jif voting. Kind of acts real confused about it but tbh it comes off as an act to me. Why wouldn't Stark be interested in Jif voting? He started with 1/12th of the voting power in the game and most of us scum hunt based on who voted who. So Jif not voting anyone is kind of significant in and of itself. It almost seems self evident so again 80 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth over something I over looked earlier. 80 points out Stark also asked Ape to vote and accuses him of directing activity and micro managing. Again I want to point out we lost our COP because we couldn't reach a majority. Stark didn't tell Ape or Jif who to vote he just prodded them to make a vote when it was close to deadline. If he had pushed them to join any particular train I could have seen 80s point but just making one comment for Jif and one for Ape about them not voting doesn't seem that bad to me.

Goes on to ask Stark about an exchange he had with Jvill regarding Pac. Makes a post asking people to vote me (wait I thought asking people to vote was scummy??). Pushes on me one more time post Greenseed deadline lynch but says he didn't see anything scummy about how it "came together". Me and 80 have some back and forth. He mentions that he didn't want to consolidate he wanted people to consolidate with his train of 1 on me. I find that odd because he did previously mention Stark was his number 2 and final vote count had Starks train at 2 people. 80s vote on Stark would have tied him with Greenseed and potentially saved our cop (in place of whatever Stark may be if he's Town). I don't know why 80 wouldn't make that choice if Stark was legitimately his number 2? Also want to point out that the other two people on Starks train were Greenseed (whom 80 hasn't mentioned much one way or another) and Pac who 80 said was looking Town. So there was really nothing to put him off voting Stark from what I can see. I'd have to double check and I know I'm not going to do it now but someone at some point should double check whether 80 was actually around before deadline that day. If he was around I find it suspicious he didn't switch to Stark. Not being around and not switching is bad too imo but being around is definitely worse. Anyway during our back and forth I told 80 sometimes you have to give in and change your vote and consider you might be wrong. 80 counters saying he could have picked a train at random but decided not to because he wanted a train he could get behind. I want to note again that Stark was his number 2. I asked 80 why he was so convinced I was scum and he responded saying he's not convinced (???) it's just a POE choice. If he's not that convinced why not vote Stark!? 80 says I'm being weird/scummy. Day 2 starts and 80 votes me again. Asks Drums why he has Pac and Stark as Town. Out of nowhere 80 makes a post saying Stark "probably isn't scum" so he's comfortable staying off that train. Why the change of heart? Crusher asks 80 if he thinks I was trying to get the game going by voting Jif and he says he's leaning towards that being the case. Which leads me to ask, again, why not vote Stark at the end of D1 if my only crime was trying to get the game going? Jvill asks 80 to explain his change of heart on Stark and 80 says he likes Stark defended. That's a convenient way to buddy someone. Attack them and then back off and say you like how they defended. I gotta remember that one. Makes a post saying someone being "probably not scum" isn't an overly strong conclusion to him. And that's it for 80. Damn this got long I'm going to try to break it into chunks before posting.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's it?

Just a half-assed summary of the game's events?

And why did you choose Crusher and JiF, specifically, to focus on, or is there more coming?

Half assed? 

Mmm

This is why I just stop caring lol.

Ok sorry I'll stop half ass summarizing the game my bad.

I'd rather rewatch Dexter anyway I want to finish the series before the new season starts.

Have a nice night Spoot!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I kind of let this slide by earlier because I was getting depressed and bored by the game but I strongly question the reasoning that is being presented here. Happy to go into the nitty gritty with 80 and/or anyone else later.

I’m interested in this as long as the nitty gritty is approximately 75x shorter than this post

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Drums said:

I feel okay saying Pac and Stark are my best town reads right now. No clue about anyone else yet.

Jvill jumped out to me for mentioning me and the action at EoD voting Ape, then voting GS because he was in the thread. I came away thinking he didn't care who died. I'm not sure exactly how to feel about that yet but that's basically it for now. 

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why do you have them both as town?

Pretty sure Drums never responded to this.  I’ll leave ol’ Nolder alone for now. At least till next Wednesday

unvote vote Drums

20 minutes ago, Nolder said:

80 - So at the start he counter votes me for voting Crusher saying I like Pac saying no one likes Pac so I'm lying. Obviously a joke vote. Kind of seems to not like Jifs thing about not being his favorite role either but then turns around and says it's a null tell and says Jif is having D1 fun. That may be the case but I don't think that explains what Jifs done since. Slightly bothered by this early defense of Jif. Later on says he's keeping his vote on me for three reasons: Jifs vote was clearly a joke (according to 80), last time he was scum with me I tried to get the game going so he wants to see if this is my meta, Wednesday. Talks about how I play the game and my philosophy for playing and says I'm not hinting at my role but he has no problem voting me for doing what I'm doing. Which doesn't really make sense to me. If he knows I'd vote Jif regardless of my alignment why is he voting me for it? Quotes a post by Pac and says he likes what he sees and that it's a Town look. Asks me why I didn't like the post because I downvoted it. I didn't see him ask me so I'll just answer now. It's because I was trying to get the game going too but you didn't give me any credit, instead you voted me. And yet Pac looks like Town for it? LOL! Go eat a dick jackass. That's why I neg repped you.

Tells Crusher he can move his vote to Stark because it's weird Stark to ask Jif to vote someone (note this is how greenseed got lynched; lack of voting). Says Jif is clear town (emphasis mine) while hedging by saying Jif tricked him last game. Says the rule about not lynching someone D1 because they just modded is dead and Beaver should vote me with him. I agree the rule should be retired but I also feel like 80 is pushing on me harder here than is warranted. Says his top 2 to vote are me and Stark. This all seems to revolve around Jif imo and it's weird. Jvill quotes 80 saying that what Jif said about not being his favorite role wasn't indicative of his alignment and also quoted 80 saying Jif was clear town and asked 80 to "square the circle" for him. 80 responds saying that disinterested Jif is Town Jif a high% of the time (why would this be the case if VT is his favorite role?). Also says Jif not being serious is Town Jif. Goes on to say even though he said the posts Jif made were not alignment indicative the Jif joking around is a Town look. I kind of let this slide by earlier because I was getting depressed and bored by the game but I strongly question the reasoning that is being presented here. Happy to go into the nitty gritty with 80 and/or anyone else later. Makes an interesting statement in response to Beaver which I'll quote in full "Only if you do something noteworthy that was deserving of votes.  Simple inactivity isn't enough." Not sure how what I did was so noteworthy or deserving of votes. Stark responds to being 80s number 2 and 80 claims he gave a reason which Stark didn't acknowledge. Kind of gets into some personal stuff with Stark and they have a back and forth. After that Stark downplays his thing with Jif where he asked him to vote while 80 says he finds it strange that Stark is so interested in Jif voting. Kind of acts real confused about it but tbh it comes off as an act to me. Why wouldn't Stark be interested in Jif voting? He started with 1/12th of the voting power in the game and most of us scum hunt based on who voted who. So Jif not voting anyone is kind of significant in and of itself. It almost seems self evident so again 80 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth over something I over looked earlier. 80 points out Stark also asked Ape to vote and accuses him of directing activity and micro managing. Again I want to point out we lost our COP because we couldn't reach a majority. Stark didn't tell Ape or Jif who to vote he just prodded them to make a vote when it was close to deadline. If he had pushed them to join any particular train I could have seen 80s point but just making one comment for Jif and one for Ape about them not voting doesn't seem that bad to me.

Goes on to ask Stark about an exchange he had with Jvill regarding Pac. Makes a post asking people to vote me (wait I thought asking people to vote was scummy??). Pushes on me one more time post Greenseed deadline lynch but says he didn't see anything scummy about how it "came together". Me and 80 have some back and forth. He mentions that he didn't want to consolidate he wanted people to consolidate with his train of 1 on me. I find that odd because he did previously mention Stark was his number 2 and final vote count had Starks train at 2 people. 80s vote on Stark would have tied him with Greenseed and potentially saved our cop (in place of whatever Stark may be if he's Town). I don't know why 80 wouldn't make that choice if Stark was legitimately his number 2? Also want to point out that the other two people on Starks train were Greenseed (whom 80 hasn't mentioned much one way or another) and Pac who 80 said was looking Town. So there was really nothing to put him off voting Stark from what I can see. I'd have to double check and I know I'm not going to do it now but someone at some point should double check whether 80 was actually around before deadline that day. If he was around I find it suspicious he didn't switch to Stark. Not being around and not switching is bad too imo but being around is definitely worse. Anyway during our back and forth I told 80 sometimes you have to give in and change your vote and consider you might be wrong. 80 counters saying he could have picked a train at random but decided not to because he wanted a train he could get behind. I want to note again that Stark was his number 2. I asked 80 why he was so convinced I was scum and he responded saying he's not convinced (???) it's just a POE choice. If he's not that convinced why not vote Stark!? 80 says I'm being weird/scummy. Day 2 starts and 80 votes me again. Asks Drums why he has Pac and Stark as Town. Out of nowhere 80 makes a post saying Stark "probably isn't scum" so he's comfortable staying off that train. Why the change of heart? Crusher asks 80 if he thinks I was trying to get the game going by voting Jif and he says he's leaning towards that being the case. Which leads me to ask, again, why not vote Stark at the end of D1 if my only crime was trying to get the game going? Jvill asks 80 to explain his change of heart on Stark and 80 says he likes Stark defended. That's a convenient way to buddy someone. Attack them and then back off and say you like how they defended. I gotta remember that one. Makes a post saying someone being "probably not scum" isn't an overly strong conclusion to him. And that's it for 80. Damn this got long I'm going to try to break it into chunks before posting.

OMG you  bastards broke Nolder again. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Drums said:

I’m on my phone at work but I’ll answer about Pac and Stark:

I once heard someone say pac hides as scum, doesn’t seem to be hiding and I like that he posted about someone replacing Ape. Id bet scum would not want that. I don’t think he is smart enough to post that as a ruse. 

Stark, I already shared thoughts, not ready to vote him. I don’t understand the Stark train and I’m a little disappointed that crusher and jif dropped votes and don’t care. Time to cut the sh*t with joke votes if you’re town. Pac at least attempted to give reads and what not  

Could vote either one atm  

unvote vote Crusher

Ok fine he did respond but he didn’t quote or tag me in the process.  Only found this via ISO.

unvote 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty sure Drums never responded to this.  I’ll leave ol’ Nolder alone for now. At least till next Wednesday

unvote vote Drums

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok fine he did respond but he didn’t quote or tag me in the process.  Only found this via ISO.

unvote 

That would have been a good town vote right there. This is a positive check for you in my book

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Half assed? 

Mmm

This is why I just stop caring lol.

Ok sorry I'll stop half ass summarizing the game my bad.

I'd rather rewatch Dexter anyway I want to finish the series before the new season starts.

Have a nice night Spoot!

dexter... enjoy - what is the date on the new? 

I don't think that was half-assed it was full on thicccc ass. dude that is a lot of "notes" you keep or something. applaud the effort 

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

dexter... enjoy - what is the date on the new? 

I don't think that was half-assed it was full on thicccc ass. dude that is a lot of "notes" you keep or something. applaud the effort 

It was a wall of text that read like a stream of consciousness. Most of it was just describing what was said and by who, with little substance.

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It was a wall of text that read like a stream of consciousness. Most of it was just describing what was said and by who, with little substance.

He gave his analysis on a lot of it. I’d prefer it a streamlined or broken up but I wouldn’t call it pure summarizing.

• Upvote 1