TOP GUN Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins Flawless Victory

15 hours ago, Nolder said:

Crusher - Starts the game voting me which is null for now. I decided to OMGUS vote him for fun and he called it gross, which it is so fair enough. Calls 80 voting me "solid" then after a little banter votes Nyn. I would say his first real post in the game was on Monday when he said Jifs post was a call for attention and that he didn't think it was indicative of alignment but also seemed to appreciate that I was pushing a train to try to move the game along rather than wait for deadline. I appreciate that appreciation (lol). Also said he'd reread when he gets the chance and then when he did said there wasn't much to go on. He's not wrong although that does feel a bit lazy of a response so ehhh hard to hold it against him even if I'd like to. Switches his vote from Nyn to Pac which I like because Nyn wasn't much of a factor in this game (hence Spoot being in now). So at least he didn't let his vote sit useless which is a plus in my book. Says he prefers Pac to Ape which while he was right about Ape I guess doesn't really say anything about Pac. Banters about vacation and reminisces about Uncle Chuck. Mentions he's specifically against lynching Ape again which IMO is a red flag albeit a small one since Ape had barely posted the entire game how can Crusher have such a clear idea he was Town? Regardless he also says Pac has shown up so he's willing to switch for now and votes Stark but doesn't say why. When asked why Stark by Drums he says "because **** Stark" which is as good a reason as any at this point I guess. Drums continues to press him and he says he's ok with Pac being town for now but something Stark said didn't sit right with him and he liked him for scum since D1. This seems odd since he never mentioned it or voted Stark before hand. Stark eventually votes Crusher to which Crush responds it's a solid vote and he'll reread more and then give reads but he leaves for the beach soon. Makes a few posts quoting people and commenting but imo doesn't really say a whole lot worth repeating or mentioning. He does quote Stark and says he likes his play up to that point which I thought was weird since earlier he said he didn't. Later he unvotes Stark which is I think around the time I put him at L-2 or whatever. Responds to a post by Jvill and says Stark looks better now (why didn't he look good before?) and that Jvill looks ok too but Jif needs a kick in the ass and votes Jif.

And that's it for Crusher. Overall seems like normal jokey Crusher.

I think he's not really paying as much attention as he's pretending to but I don't necessarily think that means he's scum yet.

Couple red flags worth pushing on though tbh. Particularly want to know what he was talking about with regards to Stark.

Okay, I read this post again and bolded everything that offers valuable commentary. A little more there than originally appeared to me, but still mostly filler. I think my mind was kinda overloaded from just blitzing through 13+ pages to catch up, and I was mentally exhausted/frustrated, and this unorganized wall of text didn't help. A couple things:

1. You put Stark at L-1, not L-2. Kind of an important distinction there.

2. Interesting observations on Crusher. It seems there's more red flags and oddities you saw from him than positives, yet you're avoiding call him scummy. Why is that?

I will re-read and do this with your other posts.

16 hours ago, Nolder said:

JiF - Seems a little miffed by Pac voting him early and responds with some snark followed shortly by announcing he's not his favorite role (VT) completely unprompted. He then goes on to claim he's scum. I'm not going to do a deep dive about Jif and meta and all that in this post I just want to point out that this is WIFOM. Even if he's Town he's introduced a whole thing that the rest of the Town did not need. I think it's a problem and that's what I voted him for before and it's why I'm still on his ass somewhat. This hasn't been resolved. Fast forward to deadline day and Stark is telling him he should vote and Jif seems to not realize there is a deadline. He asks Jvill who he should vote and tells him he'll vote whoever Jvill tells him too. Jvill doesn't take the bait and says he wants Jif to pick but Jif says he's got nothing and repeats that he'll vote whoever Jvill says. Why Jvill? Right place right time? What if Jvill told Jif to vote Jif? Only Jif knows the answers to those questions. So he says he kind of forgot about this game and got caught up talking about football which tbh I kind of believe but that doesn't excuse the odd behavior when he has been here. He votes Ape and then switches to Jvill awhile later. No explanations. Then he votes Stark and when asked why Stark by Drums he said it seemed like the cool thing to do. Unvotes later on. 

And that's it for content from Jif.

I hope summarized you all have a better idea of why I would have rather lynched Jif than let it fall on Greenseed because of deadline.

Eh, I get that JiF's play has been lazy so far and his "claim" was total WIFOM, but he's done this sort of thing before. I don't think it's AI, and I don't think it needs to be resolved right now. I expect JiF to put in more effort as the game goes on and he can be resolved later if he doesn't.

You actually put forth a better case against Crusher, IMO, yet you're going after JiF, based on what amounts to a policy lynch for you (much like your vote on Stark). Also, if JiF is your best bet, why aren't you voting him now?

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh, I get that JiF's play has been lazy so far and his "claim" was total WIFOM, but he's done this sort of thing before. I don't think it's AI, and I don't think it needs to be resolved right now. I expect JiF to put in more effort as the game goes on and he can be resolved later if he doesn't.

You actually put forth a better case against Crusher, IMO, yet you're going after JiF, based on what amounts to a policy lynch for you (much like your vote on Stark). Also, if JiF is your best bet, why aren't you voting him now?

He’s actually just providing commentary on summaries of everyone’s play, least the one he’s done so far. It’s not so much what JiF is doing but the level he is doing it at. He comes out and gets everyone’s attention to get the game going, then numerous times sells the concept he forgot their even was a game and  is suddenly disinterested in it. He does stuff like that agreed, but this seems like something wise, not as ordinary as some are making it out to be. 

Also this case you speak of on me Nolder you claim he laid out so succinctly is pretty much Crusher changed his mind on a couple things after he went back to read. Still haven’t finished thread yet. Currently in the Woodsy part of North Carolina trying to find a place to stop for lunch on my way to Myrtle. So watch yourself, I’m getting hangry!

• Haha 1

80 - So at the start he counter votes me for voting Crusher saying I like Pac saying no one likes Pac so I'm lying. Obviously a joke vote. Kind of seems to not like Jifs thing about not being his favorite role either but then turns around and says it's a null tell and says Jif is having D1 fun. That may be the case but I don't think that explains what Jifs done since. Slightly bothered by this early defense of Jif. Later on says he's keeping his vote on me for three reasons: Jifs vote was clearly a joke (according to 80), last time he was scum with me I tried to get the game going so he wants to see if this is my meta, Wednesday. Talks about how I play the game and my philosophy for playing and says I'm not hinting at my role but he has no problem voting me for doing what I'm doing. Which doesn't really make sense to me. If he knows I'd vote Jif regardless of my alignment why is he voting me for it? Quotes a post by Pac and says he likes what he sees and that it's a Town look. Asks me why I didn't like the post because I downvoted it. I didn't see him ask me so I'll just answer now. It's because I was trying to get the game going too but you didn't give me any credit, instead you voted me. And yet Pac looks like Town for it? LOL! Go eat a dick jackass. That's why I neg repped you.

Tells Crusher he can move his vote to Stark because it's weird Stark to ask Jif to vote someone (note this is how greenseed got lynched; lack of voting). Says Jif is clear town (emphasis mine) while hedging by saying Jif tricked him last game. Says the rule about not lynching someone D1 because they just modded is dead and Beaver should vote me with him. I agree the rule should be retired but I also feel like 80 is pushing on me harder here than is warranted. Says his top 2 to vote are me and Stark. This all seems to revolve around Jif imo and it's weird. Jvill quotes 80 saying that what Jif said about not being his favorite role wasn't indicative of his alignment and also quoted 80 saying Jif was clear town and asked 80 to "square the circle" for him. 80 responds saying that disinterested Jif is Town Jif a high% of the time (why would this be the case if VT is his favorite role?). Also says Jif not being serious is Town Jif. Goes on to say even though he said the posts Jif made were not alignment indicative the Jif joking around is a Town look. I kind of let this slide by earlier because I was getting depressed and bored by the game but I strongly question the reasoning that is being presented here. Happy to go into the nitty gritty with 80 and/or anyone else later. Makes an interesting statement in response to Beaver which I'll quote in full "Only if you do something noteworthy that was deserving of votes.  Simple inactivity isn't enough." Not sure how what I did was so noteworthy or deserving of votes. Stark responds to being 80s number 2 and 80 claims he gave a reason which Stark didn't acknowledge. Kind of gets into some personal stuff with Stark and they have a back and forth. After that Stark downplays his thing with Jif where he asked him to vote while 80 says he finds it strange that Stark is so interested in Jif voting. Kind of acts real confused about it but tbh it comes off as an act to me. Why wouldn't Stark be interested in Jif voting? He started with 1/12th of the voting power in the game and most of us scum hunt based on who voted who. So Jif not voting anyone is kind of significant in and of itself. It almost seems self evident so again 80 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth over something I over looked earlier. 80 points out Stark also asked Ape to vote and accuses him of directing activity and micro managing. Again I want to point out we lost our COP because we couldn't reach a majority. Stark didn't tell Ape or Jif who to vote he just prodded them to make a vote when it was close to deadline. If he had pushed them to join any particular train I could have seen 80s point but just making one comment for Jif and one for Ape about them not voting doesn't seem that bad to me.

Goes on to ask Stark about an exchange he had with Jvill regarding Pac. Makes a post asking people to vote me (wait I thought asking people to vote was scummy??). Pushes on me one more time post Greenseed deadline lynch but says he didn't see anything scummy about how it "came together". Me and 80 have some back and forth. He mentions that he didn't want to consolidate he wanted people to consolidate with his train of 1 on me. I find that odd because he did previously mention Stark was his number 2 and final vote count had Starks train at 2 people. 80s vote on Stark would have tied him with Greenseed and potentially saved our cop (in place of whatever Stark may be if he's Town). I don't know why 80 wouldn't make that choice if Stark was legitimately his number 2? Also want to point out that the other two people on Starks train were Greenseed (whom 80 hasn't mentioned much one way or another) and Pac who 80 said was looking Town. So there was really nothing to put him off voting Stark from what I can see. I'd have to double check and I know I'm not going to do it now but someone at some point should double check whether 80 was actually around before deadline that day. If he was around I find it suspicious he didn't switch to Stark. Not being around and not switching is bad too imo but being around is definitely worse. Anyway during our back and forth I told 80 sometimes you have to give in and change your vote and consider you might be wrong. 80 counters saying he could have picked a train at random but decided not to because he wanted a train he could get behind. I want to note again that Stark was his number 2. I asked 80 why he was so convinced I was scum and he responded saying he's not convinced (???) it's just a POE choice. If he's not that convinced why not vote Stark!? 80 says I'm being weird/scummy. Day 2 starts and 80 votes me again. Asks Drums why he has Pac and Stark as Town. Out of nowhere 80 makes a post saying Stark "probably isn't scum" so he's comfortable staying off that train. Why the change of heart? Crusher asks 80 if he thinks I was trying to get the game going by voting Jif and he says he's leaning towards that being the case. Which leads me to ask, again, why not vote Stark at the end of D1 if my only crime was trying to get the game going? Jvill asks 80 to explain his change of heart on Stark and 80 says he likes Stark defended. That's a convenient way to buddy someone. Attack them and then back off and say you like how they defended. I gotta remember that one. Makes a post saying someone being "probably not scum" isn't an overly strong conclusion to him. And that's it for 80. Damn this got long I'm going to try to break it into chunks before posting.

Okay, a lot more substance in this post, but goddamn dude, you gotta break this sh*t up into more manageable pieces, rather than one long stream of consciousnesses, lol

1. Re: 80's top 2 votes (you and Stark) being revolved around JiF which is "weird". Well, you did say you were trying to get the game going. Can't really complain if people target you for that, you've played here long enough to know that's basically an inevitability.

2. A lot of interesting points on 80, especially his refusal to move to Stark (his #2) at deadline when he was a bigger train than you. 80 was posting around deadline, so he was definitely there. I could vote 80, as well as Beaver.

Kind of acts real confused about it but tbh it comes off as an act to me.

Okay, I want to be sure I know who you're referring to here. 80 or Stark?

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s actually just providing commentary on summaries of everyone’s play, least the one he’s done so far. It’s not so much what JiF is doing but the level he is doing it at. He comes out and gets everyone’s attention to get the game going, then numerous times sells the concept he forgot their even was a game and  is suddenly disinterested in it. He does stuff like that agreed, but this seems like something wise, not as ordinary as some are making it out to be. 

Fair enough. I'm not ready one way or another to guess JiF's alignment. I can't read him like some of you can who've been playing with him longer. I just would rather scum hunt than get paranoid on what JiF is doing.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Also this case you speak of on me Nolder you claim he laid out so succinctly is pretty much Crusher changed his mind on a couple things after he went back to read.

I'm not saying I believe there's a real case to be made against you, it's just that by reading Nolder's post, I would've expected him to case you based on how many times he thought something was "odd", re: you.

You know very well I have a nasty habit of tunneling on you just about every game. I think I caught you as scum once, and ever since I think I have "beaver senses" when it comes to you, lol. I'm trying to not go down that beaver hole.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fair enough. I'm not ready one way or another to guess JiF's alignment. I can't read him like some of you can who've been playing with him longer. I just would rather scum hunt than get paranoid on what JiF is doing.

I'm not saying I believe there's a real case to be made against you, it's just that by reading Nolder's post, I would've expected him to case you based on how many times he thought something was "odd", re: you.

You know very well I have a nasty habit of tunneling on you just about every game. I think I caught you as scum once, and ever since I think I have "beaver senses" when it comes to you, lol. I'm trying to not go down that beaver hole.

I know you can’t resist my big fat ass. Eventually that ass will be all naked playing once I get to the beach. 

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. You put Stark at L-1, not L-2. Kind of an important distinction there.

Pretty sure that's incorrect.

2. Interesting observations on Crusher. It seems there's more red flags and oddities you saw from him than positives, yet you're avoiding call him scummy. Why is that?

Because it mostly seems a result of lazy play rather than some active intent to do something nefarious. Jif claimed, 80 defended, etc. Crushers negatives are more about what he didn't do rather than anything he did if you understand what I mean. I wouldn't mind focusing more in on Crusher later if his game doesn't pick up but I'm not bothered by what I saw at this time. I noted it and that was enough for me.

Do you want to lynch Crusher?

• Upvote 1

You actually put forth a better case against Crusher, IMO, yet you're going after JiF, based on what amounts to a policy lynch for you (much like your vote on Stark).

Disagreed.

Also, if JiF is your best bet, why aren't you voting him now?

I was voting Stark but I unvoted because I didn't want to leave a vote just sitting.

I don't want to vote anyone until I finish my read of everyone.

Which I am going to finish despite you putting me down. Ass.

• Haha 2

Okay, I want to be sure I know who you're referring to here. 80 or Stark?

80. He was acting like confused why Stark was prodding Jif and as I pointed out Jif started with 1/12th of the voting power. Not voting is kind of a big deal for anyone in the game to be doing. Voting is how a lot of us judge who to vote. It's our "record" you know? But 80 just came off as like that was Stark being weird or suspicious. I'm not buying it.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Pretty sure that's incorrect.

My mistake, you're right. That's because math is hard for @Barry McCockinner and had the incorrect number to lynch.

29 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Do you want to lynch Crusher?

No, it just looked like you were throwing a lot of shade on him, and I was comparing that to your case against JiF which seemed to boil down to a case of WIFOM over his claim.

31 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Disagreed.

I was voting Stark but I unvoted because I didn't want to leave a vote just sitting.

I don't want to vote anyone until I finish my read of everyone.

Which I am going to finish despite you putting me down. Ass.

Condescending Wonka GIF

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

80 - So at the start he counter votes me for voting Crusher saying I like Pac saying no one likes Pac so I'm lying. Obviously a joke vote. Kind of seems to not like Jifs thing about not being his favorite role either but then turns around and says it's a null tell and says Jif is having D1 fun. That may be the case but I don't think that explains what Jifs done since. Slightly bothered by this early defense of Jif. Later on says he's keeping his vote on me for three reasons: Jifs vote was clearly a joke (according to 80), last time he was scum with me I tried to get the game going so he wants to see if this is my meta, Wednesday. Talks about how I play the game and my philosophy for playing and says I'm not hinting at my role but he has no problem voting me for doing what I'm doing. Which doesn't really make sense to me. If he knows I'd vote Jif regardless of my alignment why is he voting me for it? Quotes a post by Pac and says he likes what he sees and that it's a Town look. Asks me why I didn't like the post because I downvoted it. I didn't see him ask me so I'll just answer now. It's because I was trying to get the game going too but you didn't give me any credit, instead you voted me. And yet Pac looks like Town for it? LOL! Go eat a dick jackass. That's why I neg repped you.

Tells Crusher he can move his vote to Stark because it's weird Stark to ask Jif to vote someone (note this is how greenseed got lynched; lack of voting). Says Jif is clear town (emphasis mine) while hedging by saying Jif tricked him last game. Says the rule about not lynching someone D1 because they just modded is dead and Beaver should vote me with him. I agree the rule should be retired but I also feel like 80 is pushing on me harder here than is warranted. Says his top 2 to vote are me and Stark. This all seems to revolve around Jif imo and it's weird. Jvill quotes 80 saying that what Jif said about not being his favorite role wasn't indicative of his alignment and also quoted 80 saying Jif was clear town and asked 80 to "square the circle" for him. 80 responds saying that disinterested Jif is Town Jif a high% of the time (why would this be the case if VT is his favorite role?). Also says Jif not being serious is Town Jif. Goes on to say even though he said the posts Jif made were not alignment indicative the Jif joking around is a Town look. I kind of let this slide by earlier because I was getting depressed and bored by the game but I strongly question the reasoning that is being presented here. Happy to go into the nitty gritty with 80 and/or anyone else later. Makes an interesting statement in response to Beaver which I'll quote in full "Only if you do something noteworthy that was deserving of votes.  Simple inactivity isn't enough." Not sure how what I did was so noteworthy or deserving of votes. Stark responds to being 80s number 2 and 80 claims he gave a reason which Stark didn't acknowledge. Kind of gets into some personal stuff with Stark and they have a back and forth. After that Stark downplays his thing with Jif where he asked him to vote while 80 says he finds it strange that Stark is so interested in Jif voting. Kind of acts real confused about it but tbh it comes off as an act to me. Why wouldn't Stark be interested in Jif voting? He started with 1/12th of the voting power in the game and most of us scum hunt based on who voted who. So Jif not voting anyone is kind of significant in and of itself. It almost seems self evident so again 80 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth over something I over looked earlier. 80 points out Stark also asked Ape to vote and accuses him of directing activity and micro managing. Again I want to point out we lost our COP because we couldn't reach a majority. Stark didn't tell Ape or Jif who to vote he just prodded them to make a vote when it was close to deadline. If he had pushed them to join any particular train I could have seen 80s point but just making one comment for Jif and one for Ape about them not voting doesn't seem that bad to me.

Goes on to ask Stark about an exchange he had with Jvill regarding Pac. Makes a post asking people to vote me (wait I thought asking people to vote was scummy??). Pushes on me one more time post Greenseed deadline lynch but says he didn't see anything scummy about how it "came together". Me and 80 have some back and forth. He mentions that he didn't want to consolidate he wanted people to consolidate with his train of 1 on me. I find that odd because he did previously mention Stark was his number 2 and final vote count had Starks train at 2 people. 80s vote on Stark would have tied him with Greenseed and potentially saved our cop (in place of whatever Stark may be if he's Town). I don't know why 80 wouldn't make that choice if Stark was legitimately his number 2? Also want to point out that the other two people on Starks train were Greenseed (whom 80 hasn't mentioned much one way or another) and Pac who 80 said was looking Town. So there was really nothing to put him off voting Stark from what I can see. I'd have to double check and I know I'm not going to do it now but someone at some point should double check whether 80 was actually around before deadline that day. If he was around I find it suspicious he didn't switch to Stark. Not being around and not switching is bad too imo but being around is definitely worse. Anyway during our back and forth I told 80 sometimes you have to give in and change your vote and consider you might be wrong. 80 counters saying he could have picked a train at random but decided not to because he wanted a train he could get behind. I want to note again that Stark was his number 2. I asked 80 why he was so convinced I was scum and he responded saying he's not convinced (???) it's just a POE choice. If he's not that convinced why not vote Stark!? 80 says I'm being weird/scummy. Day 2 starts and 80 votes me again. Asks Drums why he has Pac and Stark as Town. Out of nowhere 80 makes a post saying Stark "probably isn't scum" so he's comfortable staying off that train. Why the change of heart? Crusher asks 80 if he thinks I was trying to get the game going by voting Jif and he says he's leaning towards that being the case. Which leads me to ask, again, why not vote Stark at the end of D1 if my only crime was trying to get the game going? Jvill asks 80 to explain his change of heart on Stark and 80 says he likes Stark defended. That's a convenient way to buddy someone. Attack them and then back off and say you like how they defended. I gotta remember that one. Makes a post saying someone being "probably not scum" isn't an overly strong conclusion to him. And that's it for 80. Damn this got long I'm going to try to break it into chunks before posting.

Grow Up No GIF by The Kidult Life

• Haha 2

So where was I....

Jvill - Votes Pac to start with "because I'm Town". Responds to my vote on Jif saying he likes my tone but says it's interesting that I'd vote the guy who claimed a PR. In fact I was voting the guy who claimed scum but maybe that's just splitting hairs. Reiterates he likes my tone and also says Drums is hitting his town meta. He unvotes Pac saying Pac is putting in some effort now. Gets into the thing with 80 where he asks him to "square the circle" about his comments regarding Jif. He votes Ape and then changes to Greenseed. Seems to justify his vote on Greenseed post lynch and I read this as him feeling guilty/embarrassed Greeenseed was Town Cop which is a good look for Jvill. Drums points out that Jvill stood out for voting Ape and then switching to Greenseed. Drums says he came away with the impression that Jvill didn't care who died. Jvill says he could have left his vote on Ape and he would have died if he didn't care but he switched to Greenseed instead. Votes Beaver. Jvill makes a post responding to Crusher and in it he says he doesn't agree with Crushers assessment of 80 (which said, paraphrased, that Crusher feels 80 is Town) and says he seems to have solid reads based on little tidbits. I think that's kind of what I picked up during my read of 80 as well so this is a good read by Jvill IMO. Next post he even picks up on the "clear town" thing. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention because apparently Jvill made my case for me way before I did. So kudos to him. Praises Spoots catchup. Continues talking with 80 and it seems like Jvill buys 80s explanation regarding Jif and says it's why he didn't vote 80. I have to disagree and I still find it highly suspicious.

That's it for Jvill. Not a whole lot but I've seen worse.

I come away with a Town lean for whatever my assessment is worth.

Pac - He has made 17 posts in 16 pages. So at best he's averaging about 1 post per page lol. Well let's take a look at what he's said. Maybe it's quality over quantity? First post out the gate is a vote on Jif. Alright alright not bad. Comments on the theme and says it doesn't leave much room for surprises with roles. I've never seen Top Gun so idk if he's right or wrong about that. Speculates that Maverick and Goose are a team of vigs but we didn't see any evidence for vigs so far. Also says he has an "indispensable" role and that scum should shoot him. Obviously that didn't happen either. He unvotes then votes Stark saying Starks "spastic reaction" to Pacs speculation is indicative of trapped scum. Gives us some wise words from Elijah Mohamad. Votes Stark again, might have been D2 now. Drums asks him why and he says that Stark had "convulsions" after 2 votes, he was "too verbose" on D1, and his senses are tingling. Later on says he doesn't think Stark is scum anymore but kind of doesn't care and doesn't change his vote. Stark votes Pac and Pac says good luck with that. That was Friday.

That's it for Pac. Ehhh. The thing about Pac is, as I said before, I like Pac. I like when he's around anyway but he's been sparse so far. I also don't like him calling Stark Town but saying he doesn't care. What's with so many people doing blatantly scummy things lately? Jif claims scum Pac acts like a 3rd party serial killer. I mean come on guys can't we just play normal? I'd like to keep Pac around a little longer but if a train built I might also feel obligated to join it. So really it's up to Pac to pick up his game imo.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, Nolder said:

67E84291-FB28-414F-AE28-462EF9B6AC1B.jpeg

• Haha 4