TOP GUN Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins Flawless Victory

It was just a training mission - a simulated dogfight, but something went wrong, horribly wrong.

The jetwash from one F-14 disrupted the airflow into one of the engines of another causing it to burn out. The unequal thrust caused one side of the plane to race ahead of the other, whipping it around into a furious tailspin. Unable to recover, the pilots were forced to eject. On the way out, Goose smashed into the hood killing him instantly.

Top-Gun-Goose-Dies.jpg

jville - Goose - Wingman (doc) has died a tragic death

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stark said:

true... but 80 did kind of get that hammer in quick

well you're vetted, still horrible play. way to let your partner down.

im not scum although not playing a good town game. for that I apologize.

Or you're just scum

Barry puts a deadline and everyone jumps on Beaver. I actually kept my vote on there because he seemed to be hiding this game when getting some pressure. It would have been nice for Pac or Beaver to have done something earlier but it is what it is. 

Crusher and Stark are shady 

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Crusher talking to Beaver, exactly what I thought too, weird thing to do 

The crusher observation is ok - nolder just saying the part about apes seems fine.  the part about him seeing me as scum since D1  that part I didn't catch when reading. and that does seem like something that could at least warrant a vote from nolder 

These are valid points... also I feel pretty "town" on Spoot. Came into the game as a replacement and has seemingly put in more work that most. The "Nolder didn't say anything" post he made and then actually going back after Jvill and Myself mention it wasn't trash posts  and re-assessing is a good look. 

@JiFapono gonna be jealous when Barry is holding a naked Crusher

I said it early... I did not like @Beaver or @Greenseed4 first votes Beavers felt pretty fake as I have said a few times, and the reasoning on his last vote

getting behind the big guy.

UNVOTE hiding PACSCUM

VOTE BEAVER

You based your vote to put him at L-1 on his first post (as you did with GS, who was, gasp, town) and "getting behind the big guy."  Stinks.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It was just a training mission - a simulated dogfight, but something went wrong, horribly wrong.

The jetwash from one F-14 disrupted the airflow into one of the engines of another causing it to burn out. The unequal thrust caused one side of the plane to race ahead of the other, whipping it around into a furious tailspin. Unable to recover, the pilots were forced to eject. On the way out, Goose smashed into the hood killing him instantly.

Top-Gun-Goose-Dies.jpg

jville - Goose - Wingman (doc) has died a tragic death

image.gif.ebab63e0a964dbaccc63819a28adc647.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Just FYI, I will basically never be around for noon deadlines. School's officially back, so I can't get to the forum until after 4 or 5

As long as you vote beforehand and explain your votes it shouldn't be much of a problem imho.

Guess I'll do Nyn/Spoot for giggle but I'm not expecting to find anything notable.

Ok Nyn comes in and says she's not getting enough attention. Which, to be honest, is kind of a fair take since she usually does get a lot lol. Votes 80 which iirc is customary for her and null. Makes a few joke posts and says she's busy and hope she can be more involved soon (spoiler: she can't be). Makes a post quoting Stark apologizing for the deadline lynch on Greenseed and says it reeks of guilt. She says just kidding but ehhh it kind of does read as guilty but usually it's town that would feel guilty lynching a fellow town, scum are usually happy and have to fake it. So could Stark have been faking it? Sure, maybe. But it's not an obviously bad look imo and not a bad catch by Nyn early on. I would say lean towards it being fake if other things start stacking up on Stark later. Nyn says she feels appreciated after Beaver votes her, no reason given. Her last post was that she's tipsy lol.

Now Spooty - First real post Spoot makes is that he's not voting Beaver this game. He quoted a post by Beaver and there are so so many ways it could be interpreted from null to towny to scummy. It could just be a beaver thing, it could be that in that post Beaver voted Drums, it could be Spoot is scum and knew Beaver was town, it could be due to something Beaver said or posted that was funny like a pic in that post. Total mind****. The worst part is it's most likely unintentional lol. Still, worth noting just to note I suppose. He does follow up with a vote on Drums which might indicate it was all just a joke. But still. Suspicion goes a long way in this game and I'd feel like I wasn't doing all I could if I didn't at least mention it. Comes down on my side regarding whether I would try to get the game going as scum or town and basically says it's not really alignment indicative. Makes a good point about my questioning whether Jif or anyone would claim early like that as being WIFOM. So much of what is said in the game comes down to WIFOM it's dumb. We used to be better at avoiding these traps but, speaking for myself here, I feel like I've taken a step backwards on my mafia skills lately. Not that I've ever been good lol. Points out a contradictory statement by Stark about letting trains develop naturally vs asking people to join them. Good catch again. He unvotes kinda randomly. Points out what could be PR fishing by Drums. Has some more back and forth regarding the Jif thing that I'm a little too tired to follow atm but it doesn't seem super noteworthy. Points out Stark unvoted Ape 30mins before deadline leaving the field open for a Greenseed deadline lynch. We now know both were Town but it still doesn't look great. After this is when me and Spoot started having our conversations and I started my rereads so I'll end it here.

I come away with a pretty solid town feeling on Spoot. There isn't as much content as others so maybe it's easier for him to fool me but there are at least a few people I'd lynch before even considering Spoot.

Drums - Votes Beaver out the gate (seems like a pattern with people lol). Switches his vote to Ape, no explanation. Quotes Ape saying he's been drunk for 3 days and says that's a scum post if he's ever seen one. Not sure if that was meant as a joke or not since he was voting Ape prior to making the post. I lean towards it being not a joke since he mentions it again in another post. Seems to rolefish on me but directs it as a question asking why 80 would still be voting me. Seems kinda roundabout if the point was only to throw shade on 80. And, admittedly, I was not the first person to notice most of this stuff so just throwing that out there as well. Not trying to take credit from where it's due. Questions Jvill saying he feels good about Drums pointing out he's barely posted. Votes Jvill and I think this is after the Greenseed lynch if I have my timing correct. Says he's leaning town on Stark but that' he's watching him. Like he did with Jvill I question what it was Stark said or did that had Drums leaning Town on him at that point. He says it's because Stark is "playing loose" but what does that even really mean? Kind of vague and I don't like it. Says Pac and Stark are his best Town reads (wtf how???) and throws shade at Jvill who we now know was Town. Gives a basic phone summary of his thoughts and changes his vote to Crusher. He unvotes out of nowhere which is the unvote I think Spoot pointed out earlier so I think I got my timeline wrong earlier about the Greenseed lynch. Drums goes kind of hard at me for voting Stark and doesn't accept my explanations of being bored and it being a policy lynch thing. Him pointing out that it's lazy play is 100% fair but I do still think Stark deserved the vote even if I did it in a lazy way. I felt guilty, in part by this post, so I'm attempting to put more effort in now even if I feel like the game has been on autopilot so far (pun intended). Drums says he feels good about Spoot. Has some back and forth with spoot about Jvill and me. Votes Beaver with no explanation on saturday and then votes Stark also with no explanation 2 hours ago after the new day started. Says 80 voting Beaver was a bitch move regardless of alignment. Retroactively explains that he kept his vote on Beaver because "he seemed to be hiding his game" (how?). Says Crusher and Stark are shady (why?). Says he was giving Stark benefit of the doubt D1 but it's hard to do that anymore (what changed?). I hate all this retroactive explaining because scum can fit any narrative with their actions after the fact. I don't like it and I don't trust any of it. Yes, on principal. If you don't like that Drums you should have said all of this before when you were making these votes. And now we're caught up with current time.

Stark - The last one. Ok so starts of saying GS was fishing because GS voted Stark and said he's probably not the doctor this game. He was right to call this out but it's a fact that GS was town. This reminds me of one of the best lessons I ever learned about mafia (imo) which is that townies do scummy things all the time, often because they don't know anything and don't know what to say or do to look "clean" whereas scum DOES know so it often creates the paradox of looking for "cleaner" players than scummier ones. This leads into Too Townie though so you have to use your best judgment and not fall too far down any rabbit holes. Anyway let that be a lesson to @Greenseed4 stfu about roles especially that early in the game. Ok spent a lot of time on that, moving on. Next notable thing is Stark commenting on my saying I don't like Jifs claiming thing he did. He admitted it he didn't like it either but also says he doesn't like proposing trains on people. It was later pointed out he contradicted this statement by pushing on Greenseed and Beaver to Nyn just a few days earlier. Offhand I'm going to guess this is just one of those scummy things that townies do but let's see how he continues to pan out. Votes Ape for not providing any content. Fair vote. Pushes Jif to place a vote which I already mentioned before I thought was fine. Mentions his vote on Ape was a joke. I didn't even take it as a joke but good to know I guess. Gets into a bit of back and forth with 80. Unvotes Ape. Votes Greenseed, no explanation but I assumed it was from his earlier dislike of Greenseeds role fishing. Wish he had said that though. It was pointed out he seemed guilty about GS being lynched and I commented on this earlier but going over it again it does strike me weird he seems guilty when I feel like his vote on GS was justified. Votes Drums on D2 no explanation. Drums responds with a yawn and Stark says he's acting weird. Why not say that with your vote?? I don't get it. He unvotes and votes jif, no explanation. Ok we come to the self vote nonsense. I like some of it but it's still dirty and manipulative. Switches his vote to Pac, no explanation. Gets into back and forth with Spoot. Unvotes PAc and votes Beaver. Said Beaver feels pretty fake (why?). I appreciate the explanation this time though even if it is vague. Has to eat crow when Pac is revealed as Town with Beavers death and we're all caught up.

I will note that I POE'd between Drums and Stark with my best guess but I could probably switch them and not feel too bad about it. I'm a lot more sure about 80 and Jif. That's just all kinds of disaster over there. Gonna follow up now with a vote.

Vote 80

On 8/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, Stark said:

dexter... enjoy - what is the date on the new? 

Missed this before, sorry.

Says it comes out November 7th.

I'm a couple episodes into season 4 right now.

I forgot how good this show was before it crashed and burned lol.

Such a shame I really hope this new season makes up for the ending somehow.

• Upvote 1