TOP GUN Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins Flawless Victory

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Just read through the thread and really not much of anything there. Other than making me hungry not much there. 

Yah.  Keeping my vote on Nolder, for 3 reasons:  1) Him laying a vote on a clearly jokey "I'm not VT" post from JiF in an effort to get the game going; 2) Last time I was scum with Nolder he was the first to try to get the game out of joke phase, so might as well see if that's his new shtick; and 3) Almost Wednesday.  

Absolutely nothing else worth any attention.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yah.  Keeping my vote on Nolder, for 3 reasons:  1) Him laying a vote on a clearly jokey "I'm not VT" post from JiF in an effort to get the game going; 2) Last time I was scum with Nolder he was the first to try to get the game out of joke phase, so might as well see if that's his new shtick; and 3) Almost Wednesday.  

Absolutely nothing else worth any attention.

Well it’s still better than him getting pissed about people claiming vanilla town  and quitting. Progress?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, Nolder said:

I like him.

Vote Crusher

On 8/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, jvill 51 said:

image.gif.a7f37b492f47b8b7b7ecadd6a21bb79e.gif

On 8/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, Nolder said:

He knows why.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, Nolder said:

You're not wrong but why would he just put that out there like that? When you're a PR do you claim or even hint on D1? It's not something I'd usually do.

I mean, I kinda got the feeling you were hinting at something here which is why I'm curious @Jetsfan80 is still voting you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I mean, I kinda got the feeling you were hinting at something here which is why I'm curious @Jetsfan80 is still voting you.

Nolder has strong principles when it comes to how to reveal.  Most importantly he believes that if you're VT and are getting run up, you don't reveal as VT, and if you do it should be a policy lynch.  In his eyes its far better to fake reveal as Cop/Doc when VT than reveal as VT. 

Unsurprisingly he has other rules for players revealing when they're playing as power roles, and JiF broke one of his rules in hinting that he's a PR without any pressure.  He should know by now that this is just JiF being JiF and not anything that tells his alignment one way or the other.

This isn't Nolder hinting about his own role.  It's him telling people how he'd be playing if he were in a power role's shoes.  And thus I have no problem voting him.  

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I wasn't. The Pac thing was a half joke since it could be interpreted many ways, even by Pac. I was sort of referring to the fact that we're on the same page about not revealing but I was ok/amused if anyone took it any other way. I shouldn't have done that considering this is a game about deception and reading meaning into words so if that comes back to bite me my bad but it really didn't mean anything in particular certainly not about my role.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder has strong principles when it comes to how to reveal.  Most importantly he believes that if you're VT and are getting run up, you don't reveal as VT, and if you do it should be a policy lynch.  In his eyes its far better to fake reveal as Cop/Doc when VT than reveal as VT. 

Unsurprisingly he has other rules for players revealing when they're playing as power roles, and JiF broke one of his rules in hinting that he's a PR without any pressure.  He should know by now that this is just JiF being JiF and not anything that tells his alignment one way or the other.

This isn't Nolder hinting about his own role.  It's him telling people how he'd be playing if he were in a power role's shoes.  And thus I have no problem voting him.  

This isn't exactly correct btw. Particularly the bolded.

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

Ape (3) - stark, drums, beaver

JiF (2) - pac, nolder

Pac (2) - jvill, crusher

Nolder (1) - 80

Stark (1) - greenpeen

80 (1) - nyn

With 12 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Deadline: 12 Noon, Tuesday

I still prefer Pac to Ape, at least when he finally sobers up and gets from the beach he’ll add to the game. Pac is like looking forward  to your birthday party when your 7 and nobody shows up, because your mom forgot to send out the the invitations. 

• Haha 3

Really busy morning capped with a meeting at 12 but I should be able to pop in every so often and right before the meeting. Basically willing to consolidate on anyone if need be.

dont really have anything I’d consider a strong read right now. Nolders post about getting the game going read like genuine frustration about the D1 pace of play. Drums has been hitting some of his town meta for me. Apes post stood out a bit as off brand but then again I thought that last game as well. Other than that I’m coming up blank.

38 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kind of forgot about this game, I'm steady owning booty on the main forum.

I leave for the beach Saturday . I will be posting completely nude for the rest of the game . First vacation ever Mrs Crusher and I have ever taken without the kids in the same suite. Birthday suit for me  while in the suite. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I leave for the beach Saturday . I will be posting completely nude for the rest of the game . First vacation ever Mrs Crusher and I have ever taken without the kids in the same suite. Birthday suit for me  while in the suite. 

So jealous of Mrs. Crusher.  She's such a lucky woman.  

Where is this taking place?  Like address/room #, etc?  Nothing creepy, just sending flowers, promise!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Where is this taking place?  Like address/room #, etc?  Nothing creepy, just sending flowers, promise!!!!

She was actually terrified of the idea. I have a habit of getting drunk AF on vacation and making poor choices. She agreed to it as long as I’m not drunk. LOL, 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

She was actually terrified of the idea. I have a habit of getting drunk AF on vacation and making poor choices. She agreed to it as long as I’m not drunk. LOL, 

Relaxing, eating good food, playing golf and getting drunk AF and making poor decisions is what vacation is all about?! Right???

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Who you want to vote for chief?  Let’s place a vote…… or nah 

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

As a random passing citizen.... You all need to die.  I know it's harsh, but its the only way to keep the carrier safe.  Thanks for understanding!  

Ha. He’s not necessarily wrong. 
who you think should go first?

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m happy for you

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, but I tend to sometimes step way outside  the reasonable vacation shenanigans. About 6 years ago good bunch of my Dads people all stayed together for a week in North Myrtle together. We spent  the day drinking and fishing, my Uncle Chuck who is in a wheelchair was with us and he was telling us stories of him and my Dad together in Vegas in the 70’s. His particular fondness of gentleman clubs and how  its been so long.

My mother been using his eventual death as guilt to come home for the holidays for a decade. “ this could be Uncle Chucks last Christmas.”  Nonetheless we got back to the resort and ate dinner together and kept  drinking. Few of us where up late and I started thinking maybe this is Uncle Chucks last chance to go see strippers. Everyone else  including my own father and brother told me I was nuts and went to bed.Uncle Chuck was semi-unconscious from drinking all day but he was already sitting so figure he’d eventually sober up

I was smart enough to know I couldn’t drive, last solid decision I made that night. So me, my 19 year old Baby Crusher and Uncle  Chuck with his wheelchair got a handicap taxi and went to a very nice Gentleman’s club. I tried to get us in but I sorta forgot about Baby Crusher. So after me trying anything I could to get us in for like an hour, then getting little frustrated, it ended with me trying to convince them my son was the great nephew version of a therapy dog. Didn’t work, Myrtle Beaches finest were called, my mother, my wife showed up at 3 am to collect us. Every single male member of the family was out cold drunk. Haha, so nonetheless Mrs Crusher kinda hasn’t really forgotten that one yet. Few since then, but not quite that level. Oh yeah. Uncle Chuck? Still alive. 

This is my favorite Mafia post of all time. Uncle Chuck should have known better but he was all in, baby crusher and all. Mrs crusher is a damn saint.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, but I tend to sometimes step way outside  the reasonable vacation shenanigans. About 6 years ago good bunch of my Dads people all stayed together for a week in North Myrtle together. We spent  the day drinking and fishing, my Uncle Chuck who is in a wheelchair was with us and he was telling us stories of him and my Dad together in Vegas in the 70’s. His particular fondness of gentleman clubs and how  its been so long.

My mother been using his eventual death as guilt to come home for the holidays for a decade. “ this could be Uncle Chucks last Christmas.”  Nonetheless we got back to the resort and ate dinner together and kept  drinking. Few of us where up late and I started thinking maybe this is Uncle Chucks last chance to go see strippers. Everyone else  including my own father and brother told me I was nuts and went to bed.Uncle Chuck was semi-unconscious from drinking all day but he was already sitting so figure he’d eventually sober up

I was smart enough to know I couldn’t drive, last solid decision I made that night. So me, my 19 year old Baby Crusher and Uncle  Chuck with his wheelchair got a handicap taxi and went to a very nice Gentleman’s club. I tried to get us in but I sorta forgot about Baby Crusher. So after me trying anything I could to get us in for like an hour, then getting little frustrated, it ended with me trying to convince them my son was the great nephew version of a therapy dog. Didn’t work, Myrtle Beaches finest were called, my mother, my wife showed up at 3 am to collect us. Every single male member of the family was out cold drunk. Haha, so nonetheless Mrs Crusher kinda hasn’t really forgotten that one yet. Few since then, but not quite that level. Oh yeah. Uncle Chuck? Still alive. 

story time with poppy c.... 

this is great stuff.. one of the best parts of teh mafia.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2