TOP GUN Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins Flawless Victory

6 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Vote Ape while he is away and no way to defend himself.   Also, about an hour before the deadline and right after Crusher reminded us he was away.  

He is a player in this game and he was my second best guess besides Jif. You're going to hold it against me that he's not here to play?

I just woke up. Crusher and deadline have nothing to do with it.

6 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Vote Ape while he is away and no way to defend himself.   Also, about an hour before the deadline and right after Crusher reminded us he was away.  

He is a player in this game and he was my second best guess besides Jif. You're going to hold it against me that he's not here to play?

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

To Nolder's point,  I wish there was some kind of D1 exercise where we need to answer questions the way our role would, or maybe something like 2 truths and a lie, just to have something to base votes off of.  

Otherwise, you get these knuckle-f*cks voting off PRs on D1 just because. 

To be fair it helps when players are around to claim so we don't do this but I know that's not always possible. 

People sign up for games and then several end up contributing sparsely, often by no fault of their own.  That's the real culprit.  We all want to play Mafia but only a few players in a given game have time.  It happens.  Its Summer.  @The Crusher is naked on vacation, with @JiFapono trying to get a good look, and @Integrity28 is drunk and on vacation.  @Nolder naps and @Beaver starts playing 15 minutes to the deadline, starting the train on you in the process.  @Pac starts playing when there are dead bodies.  @Nynaeve is always up front that she won't be around.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Out of all of the nothings that happened on Day 1, yes that was the only thing that pinged for me.   But I said I wouldn't vote for you because you were mod last game.  Doesn't make me right.    Doesn't make me wrong.   Just like you say Ape was your second best guess, I didn't see anything to vote ape on.  I only put my vote on him because I saw a funny gif of an ape pinching another apes nipple.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wanted others to consolidate by joining with me.  I didn't like any of the 2-vote trains going on.  Consolidating only works when there are separation among the trains.  If there had been a 4-5 vote train at the deadline I'd have gladly joined but there wasn't one.

And that's what made you ineffectual today. You sometimes have to give in and consider you might be wrong and join a train you didn't necessarily want to. Standing alone on your one guy (especially on D1) looks more obsessive than anything else. You were so convinced you couldn't be convinced to switch? Based on what?

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

And that's what made you ineffectual today. You sometimes have to give in and consider you might be wrong and join a train you didn't necessarily want to. Standing alone on your one guy (especially on D1) looks more obsessive than anything else. You were so convinced you couldn't be convinced to switch? Based on what?

Leading train was 2 votes.  1 vote more than the one I was on.  I could have picked a train at random but decided not to.  I wanted the train to be one I could get behind.  I think you're scum so my vote was best used voting scum.  Everyone was ineffectual today including me.  No need whatsoever to single me out on that.  GFY.

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Out of all of the nothings that happened on Day 1, yes that was the only thing that pinged for me.   But I said I wouldn't vote for you because you were mod last game.  Doesn't make me right.    Doesn't make me wrong.   Just like you say Ape was your second best guess, I didn't see anything to vote ape on.  I only put my vote on him because I saw a funny gif of an ape pinching another apes nipple.

I give you permission to vote me. I mod several times a year usually I can take it.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Leading train was 2 votes.  I could have picked a train at random but decided not to.  Everyone was ineffectual including me.  Don't single me out.  GFY.

And I said that in my post. But you quoted me so you kind of singled yourself out lol.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

And I said that in my post. But you quoted me so you kind of singled yourself out lol.

Fine.  My point still stands.  I wanted the train to be one I could get behind.  I think you're scum so my vote was best used voting scum.  Call that obsessive/tunnel vision or whatever you'd like.  I don't care.  I voted who I wanted and argued for others to join me.  Best I could do in the circumstances.  

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

17190-19821.jpg

TOP GUN is for the best of the best. So far what we've seen is a low effort sht show from every last one of you low lives! This is pathetic! Do you think you're going to be able to defeat our most technologically advanced enemies in air combat with this type of effort? I will tell you right now you'll end up at the bottom of the ocean in no time. 

You make me sick! Every last one of you! If I had my way I'd send every last one of the pilots in this years class home right now.

Greenpeen - Iceman (Town) - Radar Detector (Cop) with the ability to locate Russian Migs - has been murdered by a pathetic limp-dick effort

It is now night. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

Lol ****

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Lol love all the bitching when we had a deadline, that was pushed back from the previous deadline, and like 3 people were in the thread. Conveniently the majority show up post deadline to throw blame around.

Don’t know why Stark voted Gsexy but I did because I saw he was in the thread, his name had been mentioned a couple of times, and he never said anything leading up to the deadline. Looked like he ran and hid looking to skate by the deadline.

If you don’t want to risk getting speed lynched on a D1 deadline where there’s pretty much zero other activity to go on then speak the **** up BEFORE the deadline

I just made a call to tie up the Ape votes. I suss'd him early in the game. there isn't much else to it. 

and yes we had a deadline moved. even last night some of us our on here just chatting about nothing and listening to story time with crusher. 

not a good start to D1 but these last 3 games have been painfully slow day 1's. i

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine.  My point still stands.  I wanted the train to be one I could get behind.  I think you're scum so my vote was best used voting scum.  Call that obsessive/tunnel vision or whatever you'd like.  I don't care.  I voted who I wanted and argued for others to join me.  Best I could do in the circumstances.  

I didn't even remember it was me you voted. That's how little I care lol. You're that convinced I'm scum already? Based on what? "Tone"? Meta?

27 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

To Nolder's point,  I wish there was some kind of D1 exercise where we need to answer questions the way our role would, or maybe something like 2 truths and a lie, just to have something to base votes off of.  

Otherwise, you get these knuckle-f*cks voting off PRs on D1 just because. 

or, and here is a brilliant idea... you as a PR actually be involved in the game a little bit even? scum hiding is common.

you can actually put off town vibes if you actually post something

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I didn't even remember it was me you voted. That's how little I care lol. You're that convinced I'm scum already? Based on what? "Tone"? Meta?

Not convinced you were scum at all, just my best bet based on quick PoE and a few gameplay items I pointed out previously.  You have to make judgment calls on limited information when D1's are slow.

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

or, and here is a brilliant idea... you as a PR actually be involved in the game a little bit even? scum hiding is common.

you can actually put off town vibes if you actually post something

vibes of you kicking a horse you just killed.  

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair it helps when players are around to claim so we don't do this but I know that's not always possible. 

People sign up for games and then several end up contributing sparsely, often by no fault of their own.  That's the real culprit.  We all want to play Mafia but only a few players in a given game have time.  It happens.  Its Summer.  @The Crusher is naked on vacation, with @JiFapono trying to get a good look, and @Integrity28 is drunk and on vacation.  @Nolder naps and @Beaver starts playing 15 minutes to the deadline, starting the train on you in the process.  @Pac starts playing when there are dead bodies.  @Nynaeve is always up front that she won't be around.  

Honestly, kind of forgot about the game getting caught up in Football talk.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

vibes of you kicking a horse you just killed.  

sorry man but I hate when people blame a deadline vote on the few people that are around. and we were only talking about 3 votes... I think 3 people never voted

it sucks but I think from now on every game should start with a 24-36 hour deadline 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Leading train was 2 votes.  1 vote more than the one I was on.  I could have picked a train at random but decided not to.  I wanted the train to be one I could get behind.  I think you're scum so my vote was best used voting scum.  Everyone was ineffectual today including me.  No need whatsoever to single me out on that.  GFY.

can we even call any of those "trains"? not a great Lynch but no one should get lynched with 3 votes on the first day.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, sorry. Between covid sh*t at work and finishing my tattoo I hardly had any time or brain power for anything else. I'm hoping it gets more chill tomorrow and I'll try to catch up

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

Ape (3) - stark, drums, beaver
Stark (2) - greenpeen, pac
JiF (1) - nolder
Pac (1) - crusher
Nolder (1) - 80
80 (1) - nyn

With 12 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Deadline: 12 Noon, Today

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Unvote

vote ape 

7 hours ago, Beaver said:

Unvote

HMMMM....I'll refrain from voting Nolder day 1 since he was mod last game, but gross

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 hours ago, Stark said:

can we even call any of those "trains"? not a great Lynch but no one should get lynched with 3 votes on the first day.

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Nolder is being weird and/or scummy.  Or maybe he just doesn't math often except when napping.

Ape had 4 votes when it was 6 to lynch. That's L-2. But sure we can call it whatever you guys want.

20 minutes ago, Nolder said:

And either Barry ****ed up or he's the one bad at math.

With 12 alive normally a lynch would be 7 unless some game mechanic was at play.

This was a question I asked when I first started playing and I was told it was basically moderator discretion. What difference does it make anyway? A train of 3 got lynched at deadline.

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This was a question I asked when I first started playing and I was told it was basically moderator discretion. What difference does it make anyway? A train of 3 got lynched at deadline.

6 people isn't a majority of 12 players.

54 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

calculating the hangover GIF

You usually need half+1. Idk who told you it didn't matter.

There are other reasons you might not need half+1. For example if it's just a deadline game or if someone takes one less vote to lynch than normal. Look as long as your rules are defined and everyone understands idc I just need us all on the same page. Are we doing half or half+1?

20 minutes ago, Nolder said:

You usually need half+1. Idk who told you it didn't matter.

There are other reasons you might not need half+1. For example if it's just a deadline game or if someone takes one less vote to lynch than normal. Look as long as your rules are defined and everyone understands idc I just need us all on the same page. Are we doing half or half+1?

Half plus one is fine. I didn't think to much about it and it never mattered anyway.