Washington Football Team narrows list of possible new names down to three final candidates

Which one you like?

Here's a list of the eight names that were shown in Monday's video (The team was still considering roughly 30 names back in April, so the fact that these eight made the cut would indicate that one or more of them might be one of the three finalists): 

Armada
Brigade 
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-narrows-list-of-possible-new-names-down-to-three-final-candidates/

Heres some more names from a betting site from July:

Washington Football Team New Name For 2022 Season Odds

Washington Redtails+250

Washington/Washington DC Football Team+250

Washington Redwolves+450

Washington Renegades+900

Washington Presidents+1000

Washington Sentinels+1200

Washington Lincolns+1200

Washington Aviators+1600

Washington Generals+2000

Washington Guardians+2000

Washington Kings+2500

Washington Aces+2500

Washington Ambassadors+2500

Washington Americans+3300

Washington Armada+4000

I think I had the best idea.  Washington Federals.  And the uniform would be a Civil War Union soldier's themed uni.  Dark union blue top with gold numbers and accents. Light union blue pant with gold or red stripe.  Dark union blue helmet with gold US Eagle or gold crossed swords or  gold cannon logo.  Grey face mask.  Appropriate, manly and attractive. 

union02.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think they should stick with Washington Football Team. It sounded goofy at first, but I think people are used to it and it is unique and I suspect some of their fans have grown to like it.

I suspect because of the positive tie in with a racial group it will be RedTails if they move away from WFT

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Keep the current name, though I would prefer Washington Football Club ( rather than Team). The uniforms look nice and it’s a name that keeps their tradition.

I'd prefer that too. Every time I see WFT I think WTF. WFC is better.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think they should stick with Washington Football Team. It sounded goofy at first, but I think people are used to it and it is unique and I suspect some of their fans have grown to like it.

I suspect because of the positive tie in with a racial group it will be RedTails if they move away from WFT

Well Redtails is not one of the 8 finalists so what do I know?

30 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think I had the best idea.  Washington Federals.  And the uniform would be a Civil War Union soldier's themed uni.  Dark union blue top with gold numbers and accents. Light union blue pant with gold or red stripe.  Dark union blue helmet with gold US Eagle or gold crossed swords or  gold cannon logo.  Grey face mask.  Appropriate, manly and attractive. 

union02.jpg

Destined to fail. Somebody will dig up a slave owner from that group 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2