Jump to content

Washington Football Team narrows list of possible new names down to three final candidates


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prediction: This thread is locked in under 5 pages.

The Washington Douches

And watch all the confederate-flag loving Southerners go bonkers?   Yes, please.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I think I had the best idea.  Washington Federals.  And the uniform would be a Civil War Union soldier's themed uni.  Dark union blue top with gold numbers and accents. Light union blue pant with gold or red stripe.  Dark union blue helmet with gold US Eagle or gold crossed swords or  gold cannon logo.  Grey face mask.  Appropriate, manly and attractive. 

 

um you know they never got  freedom but treated like dogs after the union victory for about a hundred years. The union renege after the economic destruction of the south.It might be a little bit of a problem.

 

Washington Squirrels or just The Girls would be great!

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington Washingtons 

Washington Monuments

Washington Whigs 

Washington Insurrectionists

Washington Pelosis

Washington Filibusters

Washington Examiners 

Washington Swamp Creatures

Washington Bills

Washington (West) Wings

Washington RBGs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corn said:

um you know they never got  freedom but treated like dogs after the union victory for about a hundred years. The union renege after the economic destruction of the south.It might be a little bit of a problem.

 

Washington Squirrels or just The Girls would be great!

Are you objecting to the Union's cause or humanity in general ??? Both sides in any conflict are affected by the defects of their human qualities.  I still see far more of the admirable in the Union's cause than that of the Confederacy. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Are you objecting to the Union's cause or humanity in general ??? Both sides in any conflict are affected by the defects of their human qualities.  I still see far more of the admirable in the Union's cause than that of the Confederacy. 

The union cause and the confederate cause we're identical Economics.

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Corn said:

The union cause and the confederate cause we're identical Economics.

 

The Unionists wanted to maintain tax flow from all states. The Confederacy wanted to stop their tax money from leaving their respective states AND they wanted to maintain slavery to prevent having to pay a labor force.  You see them as identical ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Unionists wanted to maintain tax flow from all states. The Confederacy wanted to stop their tax money from leaving their respective states AND they wanted to maintain slavery to prevent having to pay a labor force.  You see them as identical ?

Slavery(free labor) was the main issue something the north could not use.When the north won in congress to end free labor the south was defiant.Yes! Nothing admirable just economics as usual. The winning north denied full freedom for the slaves because of economics also.

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Corn said:

Slavery(free labor) was the main issue something the north could not use.When the north won in congress to end free labor the south was defiant.Yes! Nothing admirable just economics as usual. The winning north denied full freedom for the slaves because of economics also.

 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

The Unionists wanted to maintain tax flow from all states. The Confederacy wanted to stop their tax money from leaving their respective states AND they wanted to maintain slavery to prevent having to pay a labor force.  You see them as identical ?

 

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Are you objecting to the Union's cause or humanity in general ??? Both sides in any conflict are affected by the defects of their human qualities.  I still see far more of the admirable in the Union's cause than that of the Confederacy. 

 

thread this is awesome GIF

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Corn said:

Slavery(free labor) was the main issue something the north could not use.When the north won in congress to end free labor the south was defiant.Yes! Nothing admirable just economics as usual. The winning north denied full freedom for the slaves because of economics also.

The free sates could not use slave labor or did not want to use slave labor ??? You believe that abolitionists and Republicans/Jeffersonian Republicans saw an economic advantage to ending legalized servitude ??? It was strictly moral.  

Since you are in nowhere land on this one, a better question for you to consider is this.  Could slavery have been abolished AND the Civil war also have been avoided if Buchanan had anything more than a second rate mind and the Missouri Compromise had not been constructed ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corn said:

um you know they never got  freedom but treated like dogs after the union victory for about a hundred years. The union renege after the economic destruction of the south.It might be a little bit of a problem.

 

Washington Squirrels or just The Girls would be great!

 

1 hour ago, Corn said:

Slavery(free labor) was the main issue something the north could not use.When the north won in congress to end free labor the south was defiant.Yes! Nothing admirable just economics as usual. The winning north denied full freedom for the slaves because of economics also.


Here we go.

Did @Integrity28 pay you to try to get this locked in under 5 pages, as he predicted it would?

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Indeed.  Its gotten way off topic.   I'll STFU :) I still like my uni concept. 

I like it, too. Appreciate the thoughtful rationale.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

why are we bringing up Union and Confederates? 

ok because the original guy who posted it said he wanted union colors... forget that. whatever colors you want..

bottom line the name Federal isnt racist. we use it every day. its said 100 times on news shows and in the media.

Federal government?? 

cant solve a murder? call in the feds

nothing wrong with that name

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, THE BARON said:

 

union02.jpg

You certainly want to Branch out.never in the history of war did a group of guys get together and say oh we feel sorry for those fellas down there let's go to war and free them let alone a whole other race . never ever ever has that happens and neither did it happen in the Civil War.Economics or self defense like always for war.

Any reparations paid to the Africans Americans would be not for slavery that's been around for 10,000 years but the uniqueness of what the north ,south did .The congress and supreme court did ignoring the constitution  and making them half humans.You want to celebrate!

By the way did you for one moment think at all to possibly put a Colored Black Union  Soldier!!!!  nah not for one second

Do you care that they took down the only darker skin mascot!!!! nah not for one second.

I'm all done with this conversation keep it on the Washington garbage embarrassment .

PS born in Bronx educated New York City Public Schools white guy. BYE

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Corn said:

You certainly want to Branch out.never in the history of war did a group of guys get together and say oh we feel sorry for those fellas down there let's go to war and free them let alone a whole other race . never ever ever has that happens and neither did it happen in the Civil War.Economics or self defense like always for war.

Any reparations paid to the Africans Americans would be not for slavery that's been around for 10,000 years but the uniqueness of what the north ,south did .The congress and supreme court did ignoring the constitution  and making them half humans.You want to celebrate!

By the way did you for one moment think at all to possibly put a Colored Black Union  Soldier!!!!  nah not for one second

Do you care that they took down the only darker skin mascot!!!! nah not for one second.

I'm all done with this conversation keep it on the Washington garbage embarrassment .

PS born in Bronx educated New York City Public Schools white guy. BYE

You are saying that the Unionist/Federalist cause stood on the same dreary moral ground that the Confederate cause did. 

Preserving the United States and abolishing legalized servitude are things that should absolutely be lauded and celebrated.  Even if the people and the times don't pass inspection by a senseless ideologue.   

Give your brain a chance. 

BYE indeed

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, DetroitRed said:

Heard Beningo mention on Friday  that the climate people will soon be coming for  the Jets to remove their name because of all the wasted fuel .  I support this move 

If the jets change their name does that end the curse?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I was on a Civil War history forum for about ten years. The running joke was that it was clear that the war wasn't over. Northerners didn't drive that narrative at all... mainly because the Union was victorious. For the most part discussion was "civil" and very knowledgeable. Some serious scholars attended regularly. As well as enactors... those guys who dress up in civil war gear and show up on anniversaries of battles to play them out. They were literally immersed in the minutiae of individual soldiering and meticulous re the step by step action of specific battles. And there was a sadness about it all as well. Focusing so intensely on how a nation ripped itself apart over a vile institution that should have been abolished years before is demoralizing to say the least. Strange how so many of its themes have resurfaced with such force in recent years. 

Can you PM me a link to the site?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The free sates could not use slave labor or did not want to use slave labor ??? You believe that abolitionists and Republicans/Jeffersonian Republicans saw an economic advantage to ending legalized servitude ??? It was strictly moral.  

Since you are in nowhere land on this one, a better question for you to consider is this.  Could slavery have been abolished AND the Civil war also have been avoided if Buchanan had anything more than a second rate mind and the Missouri Compromise had not been constructed ???

While Buchanan was indeed mostly inept, I think you underestimate the challenge and division by the time Buchanan took office.

I don't think any President we've ever elected could have stopped the tide of War by that point.  Hypotheticals aside, I don't see a real-world compromise scenario both would have accepted and peacefully maintained that would have actually avoided War, ultimately.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, doitny said:

why are we bringing up Union and Confederates? 

ok because the original guy who posted it said he wanted union colors... forget that. whatever colors you want..

bottom line the name Federal isnt racist. we use it every day. its said 100 times on news shows and in the media.

Federal government?? 

cant solve a murder? call in the feds

nothing wrong with that name

 

+1

Federals would be hated at first, as will anything not in line with #HTTR, i.e. any name not starting with Red or at least an R, but I think folks would come round to it eventually, especially with a cool logo.

That would give us Capitals (Hockey), Nationals (Baseball), Federals (NFL) and er.....Wizards, lol.  Worst name in all sports that last one.

With that said, folks should know, they're never changing colors, they are more likely to actually name the team "Burgundy and Gold" than ever get RID of the Burgundy and Gold.  That is as close to set in stone as there is down here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...