Jets-Packers Joint Practice 8/19

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Can't argue with that - don't feel like that's a shot at the Jets, it's just the truth.

But you're gonna get hit early and often September 12th... 

Can't wait. 

Big thing for Darnold to understand is that even though his pass protection situation is better than it was last year, he isn’t going to get a clean pocket as much as he wants. He’s going to have to make it work often. It’s never going to be ideal. That’s just the name of the game. You don’t get 5-6 seconds to scan and digest what you’re seeing. You gotta pull it around 3 secs and know what you want out of that pass.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Big thing for Darnold to understand is that even though his pass protection situation is better than it was last year, he isn’t going to get a clean pocket as much as he wants. He’s going to have to make it work often. It’s never going to be ideal. That’s just the name of the game. You don’t get 5-6 seconds to scan and digest what you’re seeing. You gotta pull it around 3 secs and know what you want out of that pass.

More so than this, he is probably still in denial that at least part of the protection issues stemmed from his inability to read a defense and make quicker decisions.  That said i hope the best for him just not on opening day.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Will be interesting to see who we are going to cut today.  Yesterday Becton and Mims were “cut” by many, let’s see who else we can overreact about over tweets today.  

While I agree that overreaction is the name of the game for this board, and I've been around long enough not to get too caught up in the preseason hype train,  I can also understand a level of concern when 2020 2nd rounder Mims was (and still largely is) running with the 3s this camp, and our franchise LT has been getting his lunch handed to him by Lawson all summer, followed up by giving up a reported 5-6 sacks vs GB. 

Have to figure Becton bounces back today.. because it can't get worse...?  

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bryce Hall held his own against Devonte Adams yesterday. I want to see that again.

Rodgers went at him twice damn near back to back plays and couldn’t complete it.

Damnit man I predicted Bryce Hall would pick off Aaron Rodgers vs Adams heading into yesterday's practice!

Close. But no cigar. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bryce Hall held his own against Devonte Adams yesterday. I want to see that again.

Rodgers went at him twice damn near back to back plays and couldn’t complete it.

Bryce is all discipline.  That is gonna take him far imo.   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

@Patriot Killa Thanks for starting the thread today.  After I started the one yesterday and it turned into such a sh!tshow, hopefully you will bring us better luck today.

I was driving literally all day. Can I get a quick synopsis of what a sh*t show means in yesterdays thread? 

1 minute ago, ultraJETfan said:

Becton keeps having bad practices apparently. Half the board wants him cut off the roster. The other half think its overreaction. Hilarity ensues. 

Jeesh.  Straight from Mims to Becton huh?   

I wonder if these are the same folks who wanted D'Brick cut his first 3 years or if they are too young to remember it took him a minute. Jets fans are nothing if not terribly emotionally based. 

Thanks for the quicky UltraJF. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was driving literally all day. Can I get a quick synopsis of what a sh*t show means in yesterdays thread? 

The arguments over Becton.  He struggled again yesterday -- which sent half the fanbase into a panic.  Little to no middle ground.  Either he is great or he sucks and should not play LT.

• Upvote 3

One thing I’d like to read about today and just more in general is the PA pass game.  That is a huge part of this offense and I don’t feel like I see much about it.  Maybe I just don’t remember or maybe the beat writers fail to identify the PA pass attempts as such, but it seems like we aren’t doing much PA.  Or not as much as I anticipated.

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Bryce is all discipline.  That is gonna take him far imo.   

I liked Bryce Hall coming out because as an FSU fan i and try and follow as much ACC football I can; but I remember you absolutely loved him coming out and you completely fired me up about him last year by the ways you raved about him man. 

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds like the D was okay yesterday.  Rodgers talked about the pressure we generated from the defensive front.  Sounds like there were stretches where he picked us apart, but he is Aaron Rodgers, he does that to everyone.

I am encouraged by the defense and especially the young secondary which sounds like it is holdings it own.

If I recall the timeline correctly, Rodgers would have been sacked on 3rd down in the two minute drill but they let the play go forward.  Good chance they don't score if that was a real game.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wonder if these are the same folks who wanted D'Brick cut his first 3 years or if they are too young to remember it took him a minute. Jets fans are nothing if not terribly emotionally based. 

Problem for Becton is that folks on the other side of the spectrum proclaimed him as a can't miss star last year.  Now, even if his struggles are temporary (as we all hope), the optics look awful.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lith said:

The arguments over Becton.  He struggled again yesterday -- which sent half the fanbase into a panic.  Little to no middle ground.  Either he is great or he sucks and should not play LT.

no middle ground. That's a good way to say it man. 

If he comes out and plays well today there will be talk of HOF. Aint that funny? 

thanks Lith; 

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

There's an "element" on this board (and by element I mean one person) who wanted to draft Wirfs over Becton.  So this element is using Becton's struggles in camp to spam the thread and prop up his opinion on the 2020 draft.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

entering the ring.....

@Mogglez and @Defense Wins Championships

lol

lol nah man I got mad love for Mogz we just disagree on Becton/Wirfs but he's good in my book and I don't want to round 2 fight him again today because he takes away a lot of my energy (especially when we talk Jamal Adams) dude knows how to work me like the best of them. Mogz is an awesome Jets fan and his opinions on Becton/Jamal won't cloud my judgement on how much good he brings to JN alongside his dad Jet Nut (Ken Griffey Sr and Ken Griffey Jr duo here on JN). 

• Sympathy 1