Carl Lawson carted off field

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Jets1958 said:

Not really. But if you have some specific info on Lawson's specific injury please share it.

I said “if” it’s his Achilles then he isn’t playing again.

One study in 2017 looked at Achille tears in the NFL between 2010 and 2015. The study found that:

78 Achilles tendon ruptures were identified in professional football players during the 2010-2015 NFL seasons. 58% of these injuries occurred during the preseason. Of those that suffered an Achilles tendon rupture, 26% did not ever return to play in the NFL. Players who did return to play in the NFL took an average of 9 months to recover after the date of injury. Across all positions, there was a net decrease in power ratings by 22% and a net decrease in approximate value by 23% over 3 years following player return after Achilles tendon rupture. Across all positions, running backs saw the biggest decrease in production with a 78% decrease over 3 years post-injury in both power ratings and approximate value.

If it’s Achilles then the prognosis is grim.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

As expected, but thanks for the info. What a horrible day. Really feel bad for Lawson.. seems like a good kid and a hard worker who had a great opportunity to break out this year on the national stage.

At least he got paid BEFORE the possibly career ending injury 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bungaman said:

No. She literally tried some sort of cartwheel type maneuver while Sir Richard was deeply involved. I'm probably lucky he remained attached. 

Oh, now I get it.   In flagrante delicto.   Other than this calamity, sounds like your chick was up for some fun stuff.

No joke, you could have been on that show Sex Sent Me to the ER.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

No. She literally tried some sort of cartwheel type maneuver while Sir Richard was deeply involved. I'm probably lucky he remained attached. 

Wait, was she *on* Sir Richard when attempting this cartwheel because that just seems like a bad idea

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Just got the notification at work and I had to step out. Absolutely heart wrenching. No words. 

Sadly (or not?) i was more excited about Lawson and the pass rush that Zach Wilson (at least in 2021)... 

This is fcking wind out of sails sapper. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sadly (or not?) i was more excited about Lawson and the pass rush that Zach Wilson (at least in 2021)... 

This is fcking wind out of sails sapper. 

Exactly.

I couldn’t wait to see our line, our front 7. That’s the best defensive unit we’ve had since the glory days of Rex and I was sure it would provide some great moments throughout the year. It was definitely our greatest hope of being competitive.

I think he was the most integral part of that unit and now I think it becomes barely above average unless Q goes up another level. Even if that happens and it’s good it will still be frustrating because it could have been better.

F*ck this.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

At least he got paid BEFORE the possibly career ending injury 

So what’s the deal with his contract? Are we obligated for the 3 years we signed him for? Even if he comes back next year, that type of injury is going to take time to recover from fully. 

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

It's more than just this week.  He is insufferable and truly has issues.

And he’ll never, ever get it together no matter how much remorse he outwardly demonstrates.  A child in a man’s body.

I should know because that’s me to a T except I get weekly counseling, and most people tend to like me for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Back in 2013 in a previous iteration, he was banned for telling me he hoped I would die in a fire.

Not kidding.

Yep sounds about right. I don’t think even EY can figure out what his deal is so you know it’s serious. He only gets so many chances here because people take pity on him. But he isn’t harmless either when he says dark sh*t like that to people. 

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What's worse is putting him on ignore doesn't even solve it. He derails every other thread. 

Yep.  Doesn’t matter how many times you tell people to put him on ignore because you can never get 100 % of people to ignore him in any given thread.  

The ignore feature is a good one but it never solves the problem. Have to remove the common denominator.