Jump to content

Carl Lawson carted off field


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

That’s why you don’t get attached to things that are merely projections and speculation. 
 

All this talk and mental masturbation of top 3 defense  and 10+sacks by Lawson in the preseason DONT MEAN $hit! Get through TC and the season w/out injury to your difference makers w/sufficient competent depth is what leads teams into the playoffs  

If you’ve been a fan of this team, you should know better by now and this shouldn’t surprise you. 
 

yes it sucks, but such is the I’ll-fortune of this team. 
 

So, Lawson is out - I never saw him play for the Jets so there’s nothing to miss due to his absence. Just hope the next guy steps up and that the TEAM defense makes up for what was “supposedly lost for the season”

 

WHO’S GONNA MAKE A PLAY?!?!

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

How would a partial tear change the prognosis for recovery?

 

Honestly, not my field. But tears come in all levels of severity, so it would depend on the severity. Mild tear, few weeks. Moderate tear, probably two months etc. If it's a full rupture, then he's done for the season. It's not as career-threatening as it used to be, but given his injury history and the fact that he'd be away for a year, not a great look for his Jets' career. On the other-hand, it happening this early, gives him a full year for rehab etc. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Honestly, not my field. But tears come in all levels of severity, so it would depend on the severity. Mild tear, few weeks. Moderate tear, probably two months etc. If it's a full rupture, then he's done for the season. It's not as career-threatening as it used to be, but given his injury history and the fact that he'd be away for a year, not a great look for his Jets' career. On the other-hand, it happening this early, gives him a full year for rehab etc. 

Right - KD looked pretty great this season and Lawson has tremendous work ethic and has recovered from serious injuries in the past. 

I can't remember a partial achilles injury though... just hoping its a miracle....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know. I always try so hard to be positive about the Jets, but the older you get, the harder and harder that becomes. 

 

This is me. Right here.   While I will obviously find thousands of additional words to use t describe this feeling, nothing more need be said. 

My poor son. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

That’s why you don’t get attached to things that are merely projections and speculation. 
 

All this talk and mental masturbation of top 3 defense  and 10+sacks by Lawson in the preseason DONT MEAN $hit! Get through TC and the season w/out injury to your difference makers w/sufficient competent depth is what leads teams into the playoffs  

If you’ve been a fan of this team, you should know better by now and this shouldn’t surprise you. 
 

yes it sucks, but such is the I’ll-fortune of this team. 
 

So, Lawson is out - I never saw him play for the Jets so there’s nothing to miss due to his absence. Just hope the next guy steps up and that the TEAM defense makes up for what was “supposedly lost for the season”

 

WHO’S GONNA MAKE A PLAY?!?!

That's actually only one guy saying that.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Like my father used to say...everyone's a tough guy.  The internet only exacerbated that fact.  

I have deeply entrenched feelings of what tactics should be employed to take care of a guy like that but alas I'm old, tired, peace loving and I have no idea where he lives.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Wait... what were we talking about again? 

You're a real OG GB. 

The only video of yours I'm not looking forward to is Lawson's injury update 😓

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Someone said he couldn’t put any weight on it. 
 

I agree we need to learn more, but for the players to all take a knee and pray while the cart came, it’s hard to try and be optimistic here. 
 

praying I’m wrong 

And I don't know if the reports were true or not but someone said they heard a POP. I don't think we'll ever see him again as a Jet because 3 ACLs is impossible to come back from. This stinks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I absolutely hate sh*t like this. We actually have no idea if the team is going to win anything or not, but any chances of that happening just took a big hit, and it’s ok to be upset about that. “Stop crying, Jets fans” lmao go **** a cactus dude. Not all of us are savvy enough to think losing forever is Actually Good

i hate to say it but he isn't wrong. this was always the year to develop the offense and the OL....and we need to keep doing that. next year we have 80m in cap space + load of picks. i know SF went from horrible to the SB a few years ago, but u have to look at the team...we are at the very very best a first round playoff team....and even thats a stretch with a rookie QB, rookie RB, WR, OL, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Someone said he couldn’t put any weight on it. 
 

I agree we need to learn more, but for the players to all take a knee and pray while the cart came, it’s hard to try and be optimistic here. 
 

praying I’m wrong 

There was a tweet in the practice thread saying he "got up". Mutiple reports saying they couldn't come to a conclusion thus the MRI. 

 

Honestly I only see this as good news right now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i hate to say it but he isn't wrong. this was always the year to develop the offense and the OL....and we need to keep doing that. next year we have 80m in cap space + load of picks. i know SF went from horrible to the SB a few years ago, but u have to look at the team...we are at the very very best a first round playoff team....and even thats a stretch with a rookie QB, rookie RB, WR, OL, etc...

The defense being good puts the offense into better situations, especially if the pass rush can help force turnovers. 

No, it was never about this year, but acting like the defense doesn’t help bring along a young offense is just ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I don't know if the reports were true or not but someone said they heard a POP. I don't think we'll ever see him again as a Jet because 3 ACLs is impossible to come back from. This stinks. 

The Achilles (heel) is different from ACL which is the knee. 
 

kinda like how your delusional projection and proclamations of the NY Jets is different than the reality of NY Jets the pitiful football product. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The Achilles (heel) is different from ACL which is the knee. 
 

kinda like how your delusional projection and proclamations of the NY Jets is different than the reality of NY Jets the pitiful football product. 

no worries, i called into canton....they have put the production of the Lawson HOF bust on hold.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets’ Carl Lawson carted off with leg injury during joint practice with Packers — a potentially brutal blow for Robert Saleh and Co.

Updated: 12:57 p.m. | Published: 12:37 p.m.

New York Jets defensive end Carl Lawson got hurt on Thursday. Tom Horak | For NJ Advance Media

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

. . . . . . . 

In 2018, when he played seven games, Lawson suffered a season-ending right knee injury (torn ACL). In 2014, when he was at Auburn, he tore his left ACL and missed the season. 

. . . . . . . . 

I assume he had surgery for both torn ACL's? The chances of tearing a reconstructed ACL are really, really low.
 

Quote

 

The odds of re-injuring the same knee are relatively low. According to Carey, studies have shown that the probability of re-tearing a reconstructed ACL is about three to six percent.

https://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/05/26/bradfords-acl-what-are-the-odds/

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...