Carl Lawson OUT FOR SEASON

Rhg1084

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Some free agents available 

Aldon Smith 

SEATTLE -- Aldon Smith's hopes of continuing his NFL comeback with the Seattle Seahawks are over.

The team waived the veteran defensive end, it announced, with sources telling ESPN the move was because of an off-the-field matter. The decision is not football-related but rather the result of Smith violating the team's trust, according to a source.

• Upvote 1

He’s out for more than 2021, power athletes like Lawson just aren’t the same  again. We will be drafting an edge with one of our two 2022 picks.

One study in 2017 looked at Achille tears in the NFL between 2010 and 2015. The study found that:

78 Achilles tendon ruptures were identified in professional football players during the 2010-2015 NFL seasons. 58% of these injuries occurred during the preseason. Of those that suffered an Achilles tendon rupture, 26% did not ever return to play in the NFL. Players who did return to play in the NFL took an average of 9 months to recover after the date of injury. Across all positions, there was a net decrease in power ratings by 22% and a net decrease in approximate value by 23% over 3 years following player return after Achilles tendon rupture. Across all positions, running backs saw the biggest decrease in production with a 78% decrease over 3 years post-injury in both power ratings and approximate value.

The prognosis is grim.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Carl Lawson, Quinnen Williams and C.J. Mosley were the trio I was most excited and fired up for and now 1/3 is already gone. 

I'm just going to try and enjoy Zach Wilson's rookie season and not worry about the playoffs or a top 3 Defense anymore because this is a nightmare defensive loss. 

It's all about Zach Wilson for me moving forward and really hoping he brings us a lot of fan excitement. 

Next year we've gotta use one of our 1st round picks on a speed rushing DE. 

?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Has a big time free agent ever worked out for us?

The difference for me here is this guy was 100% lighting it up in camp, he was our best player easily and finally we signed a guy that legit looked like he was going to provide more value than what he signed for and it's all over.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1