Carl Lawson OUT FOR SEASON

Rhg1084

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Aright Huff, it’s your show now. Go get it. 

Huff, Curry, Rankins, Williams, JFM, Phillips all have to pick up the slack.  Maybe even Zuniga after I wrote him off earlier today.  The only silver lining here is that we at least have some depth along the DL.. 

Although that depth just took a huge hit today.

Just now, Beerfish said:

The difference for me here is this guy was 100% lighting it up in camp, he was our best player easily and finally we signed a guy that legit looked like he was going to provide more value than what he signed for and it's all over.

Agreed- but at the end of the day it never works out for the Jets 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Huff, Curry, Rankins, Williams, JFM, Phillips all have to pick up the slack.  Maybe even Zuniga after I wrote him off earlier today.  The only silver lining here is that we at least have some depth along the DL.. 

Tlthough that depth just took a huge hit today.

Legit question- where is Kyle Phillips? Wasn't he supposed to be back for camp?

• Upvote 1

I generally lean towards a positive outlook but man this one has got me down. Just a terrible outcome, not necessarily because it dooms the season, but that immediately drains any positive feelings I may have previously had.  It’s just beyond deflating.  

My entire family is Cubs fans.  I always felt bad for them because of the constant heartbreak and seemingly terrible luck that franchise incurred, then over time I realized I’m probably living the NFL equivalent experience.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s out for more than 2021, power athletes like Lawson just aren’t the same  again. We will be drafting an edge with one of our two 2022 picks.

One study in 2017 looked at Achille tears in the NFL between 2010 and 2015. The study found that:

78 Achilles tendon ruptures were identified in professional football players during the 2010-2015 NFL seasons. 58% of these injuries occurred during the preseason. Of those that suffered an Achilles tendon rupture, 26% did not ever return to play in the NFL. Players who did return to play in the NFL took an average of 9 months to recover after the date of injury. Across all positions, there was a net decrease in power ratings by 22% and a net decrease in approximate value by 23% over 3 years following player return after Achilles tendon rupture. Across all positions, running backs saw the biggest decrease in production with a 78% decrease over 3 years post-injury in both power ratings and approximate value.

The prognosis is grim.

Most players never return to the NFL period.  Most guys in camp will have less than a 3 year career

19 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Legit question- where is Kyle Phillips? Wasn't he supposed to be back for camp?

Not sure when he is due back.  Had surgery during the season last year, so it is close to a full 12 months.  I assume he will be back soon, but have not seen any updates

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure when he is due back.  Had surgery during the season last year, so it is close to a full 12 months.  I assume he will be back soon, but have not seen any updates

It’s time for Zuniga to stop being a Mary, grow a pair and do what this team drafted  him to do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It really is the hope that kills you.

This is so true.  The Jets have been the place where hope comes to die for a very long time.  As excited as I am about Saleh as the HC and Wilson leading a new and improved offense, this is just a kick in the nuts.  Never smooth sailing with this damn team.  

This is just one thing in a long line of things that have me convinced that Joe Namath really DID sell his soul to win Super Bowl III.

I can't believe that we are this upset about Carl Lawson.  Yes, we were excited to see him and he seemed like a great fit.  Big ******* deal.  When they signed him we knew there was a 75% chance he would suck.  He didn't suck and got hurt.  Huge difference?  We have some bodies on the DLine.  Let's see some scheme.  Let's see Huff and Hamilcar.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still not convinced he makes the team -- but someone will have to step up.  Why not Zuniga.

There is no replacing Lawson. He was poised for a huge season.  And it is not the first unfortunate setback for the Jets.  Don't forget the loss of Greg Knapp as well.  Two huge voids in July and August.  This team is cursed.

• Upvote 4

Saleh has been in these situations before and still had very productive  defenses. So ima believe in him.. sucks losing lawson though had really high hopes for the kid. Hope he comes back stronger next year. He is pretty much in  the beginning of his prime . So he should recover fine.

• Upvote 1