Do we start rooting for the tank right off the bat in week 1?

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m thinking we went from 7 wins to 3-4 after this news, tbh.  Maybe someone can talk me into 5 wins.  Maybe.

You can’t lose one of your projected 3 best players and not be sad, even if the bar was already low on this season’s W-L expectations.

Got a buddy, with a squeemish voice , every year after 5 or 6 games looks at the remaining schedule and says

"Who the fukk are we gonna beat???

How depressing.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If we're picking top 2 this year, we're taking a new QB.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Also, is there a way to not ban a poster, but revoke thread starting priviledges?

I'm down for this as well. If we are going to continue to suck, let's suck royally and set some records. 

6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

If we're picking top 2 this year, we're taking a new QB.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Also, is there a way to not ban a poster, but revoke thread starting priviledges?

I’d certainly be impressed if JD shows such a willingness to “Rosen” Zach Wilson after 1 season.  However, I don’t share your confidence that a top 2 pick = new QB right away.  

But I’ve been wrong before, often.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d certainly be impressed if JD shows such a willingness to “Rosen” Zach Wilson after 1 season.  However, I don’t share your confidence that a top 2 pick = new QB right away.  

But I’ve been wrong before, often.  

The bigger question is would JD still have a job to do so if this scenario was a possibility.

No problem having 2 franchise QBs

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

If we're picking top 2 this year, we're taking a new QB. 

I would bet anything we wouldn't.

They've invested everything in Wilson. He'll get at least a free year of awful play if that's the way it goes. 

Wilson would have to be exceptionally bad on and off the field. People can mention Rosen as the precedent but that's a player who can't make an NFL practice squad currently. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

If we’re picking Top 2, we’re taking Thibodeaux.

Saleh and Ulbrich’s entire defense is predicated around rushing the passer with your front 4.

Even if Lawson hadn’t suffered the achilles injury, I still would’ve bet money on Tibs being the pick if we wound up picking that high.

Now? It’s pretty much a certainty.

44 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I would bet anything we wouldn't.

They've invested everything in Wilson. He'll get at least a free year of awful play if that's the way it goes. 

Wilson would have to be exceptionally bad on and off the field. People can mention Rosen as the precedent but that's a player who can't make an NFL practice squad currently. 

Maybe even 2 years of god damn awful play!!

9 hours ago, TeddEY said:

No way JD has the bawls to draft Sam Howell.  He would look ridiculous 

that said, if we are picking top 2 JD shouldn’t even still be the GM next offseason 

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

I'd say left tackle is a good possibilty 

Ha,ha,ha I certainly hope not. Wouldn't that be some Jetsy shit right there though? Personally I think he'll come around during the season and have a very solid to great season. He won't be perfect or top 5 but I honestly don't see him being bad enough for us to draft someone to replace him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Ha,ha,ha I certainly hope not. Wouldn't that be some Jetsy sh*t right there though? Personally I think he'll come around during the season and have a very solid to great season. He won't be perfect or top 5 but I honestly don't see him being bad enough for us to draft someone to replace him. 

lets see what happens today. bright side if he just kinda sucks at pass protection is that maybe losing lawson isn't as big of a blow as it appears. 

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, The Crusher said:

Ha,ha,ha I certainly hope not. Wouldn't that be some Jetsy shit right there though? Personally I think he'll come around during the season and have a very solid to great season. He won't be perfect or top 5 but I honestly don't see him being bad enough for us to draft someone to replace him. 

Do any of you guys remember who I was taking be about in this post? 

• 1 month later...