Rock Bottom

TMAC

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's close, but I'm still all in for this my 56th year following this train wreck of a team.  But if Zack gets hurt during these preseason games or practice, I will finally walk into an active volcano holding a cigarette carton-sized piece of C-4.

Volcán Masaya in Nicaragua is still active and has NO security railings - except for some rotted wood posts - for safety so that would be your best bet without anyone trying to prevent you from diving in :-)

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Today's season ending injury to Karl Lawson just took all the heart out of me as a Jets fan.  It's just too ******* much to bear.  Decades of sh*tty play. Inability to get a quality QB or pass rusher.  Finally, we looked like we turned a corner and now this happens. Just too goddam depressing to endure.  And **** anybody who criticizes me for being down.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed.  It's quite unfortunate, a bad break for us.

With that said, whiny melodrama is never a great look.

If it's truly "too much to bear", best of luck with your next team. 

If not, you're just being melodramatic.  Some of us have been doing this for 40 or 50 years now, we don't have a lot of pity for melodrama.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Today… is indeed a very sh*tty day, many will use the “next man up” mantra to disguise their pain but it’s okay to be a grown man and feel genuinely hurt on this day. We haven’t had a legit pass rusher in over a decade, I’m sorry but there is no next man up. Others will say, it’s okay we weren’t competing this year anyways, we should focus on offensive development. Sure they’re entitled to think that way but they’re wrong, to establish a winning culture it’s important to set a tone with the new coaching regime on both sides of the ball. Quarterbacks will now be significantly less afraid to sit in the pocket and pick apart a very young inexperienced secondary, and this in turn will impact the offense by putting pressure on the young QB to put up more points and maybe hurt the confidence of our young developing corners.

This is the reality my fellow jet fans, but I still believe we can overcome adversity. I believe in Robert Saleh. I believe in the direction we’re heading in. BUT TODAY.. today it is okay to feel pain and express your feelings of anguish as a Jets fan.

• Sympathy 3

10 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Volcán Masaya in Nicaragua is still active and has NO security railings - except for some rotted wood posts - for safety so that would be your best bet without anyone trying to prevent you from diving in :-)

Let's me up.  I'll make us a nice farewell box lunch.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Today's season ending injury to Karl Lawson just took all the heart out of me as a Jets fan.  It's just too ******* much to bear.  Decades of sh*tty play. Inability to get a quality QB or pass rusher.  Finally, we looked like we turned a corner and now this happens. Just too goddam depressing to endure.  And **** anybody who criticizes me for being down.

Get a grip :) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bosa went out week two last year for the year vs the jets now lawson our for the jets before the 2nd ex game.

Precisely.  sh*t happens, total bummer.  Somebody steps up and we look forward to Carl's return next year.  Not much else worth doing.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I love how this line always comes from the guy who told us he was considering switching a team.

Reconcile it however you need to mate, lol.

Also, adding, not switching.  I'll never quit the Jets, smart as it might be to do so, lol.

51 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Same

4. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 250

Thibodeaux is a phenomenal pass-rusher off the edge with great speed and size. Over 21 career games, he has 12 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss, and he generated pressure on 13.5% of his pass-rush snaps over the past two seasons, the 18th-best rate in the country. He had three sacks over his final four games last season and dominated against USC's Alijah Vera-Tucker -- this past April's No. 14 overall pick -- in a mid-December game.

This is the only top -rated pass rusher in Mcshay's top 30 for 2022.  It does not appear to be a good draft for pass rushers. If the Jets draft him, will we be hearing how bad AVT is in next year's training camp?

• Haha 1

I know someone that was smoking with Jachai Polite. Hard to describe but I’ll try. So apparently after one of the guys took two puffs and tried to pass, the blunt fell off his hands. This is where it gets interesting. Apparently, Jachai bent around the couch, dove, caught it mid air and and took a puff before landing.

Dude still has elite bend and a quick first step. He’s available.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It sucks but it's not the end of the world.  Every team is going to have to deal with these types of injuries every few years.   Rock bottom would be having Zach Wilson go down for the year.  

The only reason it hasn't happened is that he hasn't proven he's a stud yet.  

Once he's shown the fan base that he's the future, that he's the top QB in this draft class (and he will be) and once the last holdouts of the Anti-Zachers are on board..

Then and only then will Zach be hit with a debilitating injury.  

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

4. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon*

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 250

Thibodeaux is a phenomenal pass-rusher off the edge with great speed and size. Over 21 career games, he has 12 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss, and he generated pressure on 13.5% of his pass-rush snaps over the past two seasons, the 18th-best rate in the country. He had three sacks over his final four games last season and dominated against USC's Alijah Vera-Tucker -- this past April's No. 14 overall pick -- in a mid-December game.

This is the only top -rated pass rusher in Mcshay's top 30 for 2022.  It does not appear to be a good draft for pass rushers. If the Jets draft him, will we be hearing how bad AVT is in next year's training camp?

This could potentially be a very good pass rushing draft. Thibideaux, Carlaftis, Drake Jackson, Myjai Sanders, Kingsley Enagbare, DeMarvin Leal are all potential first round pass rushers.