Rock Bottom

TMAC

What did we learn my dear brethren... we are who we are until we prove not to be ...a curse lay upon our house.

I believe  Joe Namath  sold our fan base to some demonic entity for the guarantee. I've  grown to like the torture it puts us through today was a fun reminder... join me... 

fail family guy GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

It's close, but I'm still all in for this my 56th year following this train wreck of a team.  But if Zack gets hurt during these preseason games or practice, I will finally walk into an active volcano holding a cigarette carton-sized piece of C-4.

4 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Volcán Masaya in Nicaragua is still active and has NO security railings - except for some rotted wood posts - for safety so that would be your best bet without anyone trying to prevent you from diving in :-)

We always look out for our own here on JN.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The injury sucks, but in the grand scheme of this team, a camp/preseason injury is really just the tiniest blip on the radar.

Hate to say it, but the reason for some having such a meltdown over this injury is directly related to how many around here were wildly overrating Lawson from the moment he signed.  While he was certainly still an upgrade over what the team had, his career was mostly a matter of generating pressure but often failing to finish plays.

The type of player some were convinced that he is never even hits free agency in the first place, and certainly get more than both the length and amount he signed for.  It's not even a criticism of him as a player, but he was never going to be some great foundation of this team, as much as finally an upgrade to one of the Jets' very weakest positions for an extraordinarily long period of time.

The biggest talk of camp has been about the supposed unbelievable strength of this DL and having too much talent to keep it all... now we get to see how true that really was.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nothing wrong with being disappointed.  It's quite unfortunate, a bad break for us.

With that said, whiny melodrama is never a great look.

If it's truly "too much to bear", best of luck with your next team. 

If not, you're just being melodramatic.  Some of us have been doing this for 40 or 50 years now, we don't have a lot of pity for melodrama.

this frees you up from those dreaded pressures ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TMAC said:

Today's season ending injury to Karl Lawson just took all the heart out of me as a Jets fan.  It's just too ******* much to bear.  Decades of sh*tty play. Inability to get a quality QB or pass rusher.  Finally, we looked like we turned a corner and now this happens. Just too goddam depressing to endure.  And **** anybody who criticizes me for being down.

this is like if my wife liked football and was a jets fan

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

The injury sucks, but in the grand scheme of this team, a camp/preseason injury is really just the tiniest blip on the radar.

Hate to say it, but the reason for some having such a meltdown over this injury is directly related to how many around here were wildly overrating Lawson from the moment he signed.  While he was certainly still an upgrade over what the team had, his career was mostly a matter of generating pressure but often failing to finish plays.

The type of player some were convinced that he is never even hits free agency in the first place, and certainly get more than both the length and amount he signed for.  It's not even a criticism of him as a player, but he was never going to be some great foundation of this team, as much as finally an upgrade to one of the Jets' very weakest positions for an extraordinarily long period of time.

The biggest talk of camp has been about the supposed unbelievable strength of this DL and having too much talent to keep it all... now we get to see how true that really was.

No offence. This is nonsense. 

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets stop being drama queens.  No one on this board even heard of carl lawson 6 months ago.

Huff, JFM etc will step up.  Next man up.  We are fine.

you must have missed the DWC thesis in December Re Carl Lawson.   I am sure he's going to bump it soon.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No offence. This is nonsense. 

Very insightful.

Except over the past 4 years, Lawson had the same number of sacks as the almighty Jordan Jenkins, so the evidence would suggest what was coming from the ridiculous hype train some were riding on about him was never going to come to fruition in the first place, even if healthy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Very insightful.

Except over the past 4 years, Lawson had the same number of sacks as the almighty Jordan Jenkins, so the evidence would suggest what was coming from the ridiculous hype train some were riding on about him was never going to come to fruition in the first place, even if healthy.

But you obviously have to get its not about what he’s done it’s about what he was expected/projected to do for us, in this system, in 2021.  

No one knows, or ever will know, how he’ll actually do of course, but all signs were very positive based on camp reports.  Obviously you weren’t as bullish on him as most based on that information, which I can understand. But it’s the only information that was relevant heading into the season. Everything he’d done, or failed to do, in Cincinnati is kind of irrelevant in this light.

His value this year was based purely on his expected importance and performance to this team in 2021.  So mocking those for calling this injury a travesty makes even less sense.  Many were high on him (including the Jets), some were not, but the ones high on him had more recent and relevant info to support that optimism.

• Upvote 1