Rock Bottom

TMAC

8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Very insightful.

Except over the past 4 years, Lawson had the same number of sacks as the almighty Jordan Jenkins, so the evidence would suggest what was coming from the ridiculous hype train some were riding on about him was never going to come to fruition in the first place, even if healthy.

Judging a players value by sacks is just ridiculous - He was among the best in the league in pressuring the QB. And it’s a lazy convenient critique to say he never would have stepped up now that he doesn’t have the chance to.

Go and check out the reaction Bengals fans when Lawson signed with us. 

Devastated. But yeah act like he’s nothing more than a glorified Jordan Jenkins because you read his stat sheet on NFL.com.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But you obviously have to get its not about what he’s done it’s about what he was expected/projected to do for us, in this system, in 2021.  

No one knows, or ever will know, how he’ll actually do of course, but all signs were very positive based on camp reports.  Obviously you weren’t as bullish on him as most based on that information, which I can understand. But it’s the only information that was relevant heading into the season. Everything he’d done, or failed to do, in Cincinnati is kind of irrelevant in this light.

His value this year was based purely on his expected importance and performance to this team in 2021.  So mocking those for calling this injury a travesty makes even less sense.  Many were high on him (including the Jets), some were not, but the ones high on him had more recent and relevant info to support that optimism.

It's still little more than conjecture that he was going to suddenly buck the trend of his entire pro career to date.  I don't expect people to be happy with this news, and I certainly wasn't, but that in no way makes it a team-crippling situation either.  He simply happened to be this year's offseason sweetheart, which when it comes to the Jets probably should've been the first hint something was going to go very wrong, but also doesn't make him a different player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Judging a players value by sacks is just ridiculous - He was among the best in the league in pressuring the QB. And it’s a lazy convenient critique to say he never would have stepped up now that he doesn’t have the chance to.

Devastated. But yeah act like he’s nothing more than a glorified Jordan Jenkins because you read his stat sheet on NFL.com.

How quickly the tune has changed, considering you gave nothing more than a mindlessly idiotic response when I specifically spoke to his pressure rate, and the flaws of blindly looking at it in vacuum and suddenly granting it far greater significance than ever before once it fits an agenda, while adamantly disregarding all other pedestrian numbers that don't fit the narrative.  Yet here you are, doing exactly that, and completely proving the point in its entirety.

But hey, I'm certainly left very impressed by your own in-depth knowledge of crap other people said on reddit as the basis for your evaluations.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Hopefully you shared the same opinion about Leo, when he was here. I agree with you. If you force bad throws because of pressure, that almost as important as the sack itself.