As a fan base let's make 2021 the year of the Quarterback (and enjoy our 2021 Jets season).

GettyImages-1315285495-1024x683.thumb.jpg.0e60508b445b26a9db0e7eee9e469e0b.jpg
The loss of Carl Lawson stinks and I'm disappointed. We all are. And rightfully so. But let's not allow this injury to ruin our season (as his injury ruined our day yesterday).  
(this is where we need coach Robert Saleh to fire up and rally our Defense together the most). 
No pass rusher ever created the likes of Joe Montana/Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes (and many of others).
And with two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks Joe Douglass will draft us our next #94 (and it's going to be fun rooting against both Carolina and especially Seattle). 
USATSI_16566949-e1629000060130.jpg.2a2435040ba22924fbbc7763ef294900.jpg
We haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath and Zach Wilson of 2021 is what matters the most. Let's make 2021 the year of the Quarterback and enjoy our season because of him. 

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

GettyImages-1315285495-1024x683.thumb.jpg.0e60508b445b26a9db0e7eee9e469e0b.jpg

The loss of Carl Lawson stinks and I'm disappointed. We all are. And rightfully so. But let's not allow this injury to ruin our season (as his injury ruined our day yesterday).  

(this is where we need coach Robert Saleh to fire up and rally our Defense together the most). 

No pass rusher ever created the likes of Joe Montana/Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes (and many of others).

And with two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks Joe Douglass will draft us our next #94 (and it's going to be fun rooting against both Carolina and especially Seattle). 

USATSI_16566949-e1629000060130.jpg.2a2435040ba22924fbbc7763ef294900.jpg

We haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath and Zach Wilson of 2021 is what matters the most. Let's make 2021 the year of the Quarterback and enjoy our season because of him. 

It’s like you people hate optimism. “ Let’s go!!”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It doesn't matter.  It just doesn't matter.

Poor Fido. I hate seeing you like this. It was your light that brought me through the dark to accept Zach wasn’t a delicate little fella. I’m actually semi sorta more or less kinda in a weird sorta way very optimistic about him. This will be ok, I promise. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Poor Fido. I hate seeing you like this. It was your light that brought me through the dark to accept Zach wasn’t a delicate little fella. I’m actually semi sorta more or less kinda in a weird sorta way very optimistic about him. This will be ok, I promise. 

Zach Wilson is an incredibly talented young kid...Who will show us how good he is - he will be savior we've been waiting for and when even all the anti-Zachsers can't deny his greatness....

Then and only then is when he will get hurt.  It has nothing to do with him, just the curse.

I didn't believe there was such a thing as a curse 48 hours ago, but at this point - it must be statistically impossible for a fan base to receive this much punishment.  And If it's statistically impossible then it must be supernatural.  Sorry, no other way to see it!

The thing is - It's not just a curse against winning, it's far worse - it attacks the heart of the fan base - it waits until there's hope and then destroys it!  

Dear Friends and Fellow Jets Fans

We’re hurting emotionally while Lawson is hurting physically. We quickly fell in love with our off season pickup because he combined an enthusiasm for playing at the highest level with actual play at this level in camp and his short stint in the first preseason game. He elevated everyone around him on both sides of the ball. He earned our respect, our loyalty, and our empathy. It is our empathy that drives us to adopt the sorrow that surely must be overwhelming our beloved player.

All that said, when camp is done and cuts are made and acquisitions/trades are behind us, there will be 53 young men who wear the uniform of our beloved team and follow our new inspiring head coach into the next season. I would humbly suggest that honoring Lawson and maximizing our empathy for his and the team’s plight should not include abandoning the 53 who will take the field as the 2021 NY Jets. It should not include abandoning the coaches who will now have to work even harder to maintain our climb toward respectability. It should not include abandoning the front office and mostly it should not include abandoning our injured hero who with crutches or cane will likely be cruising the sidelines doing everything short of playing to help this team.

If DWC doesn’t mind, perhaps we can replace “year of the QB” with something simpler. My statement is this: “I’m hurting terribly for Carl, but I’m not leaving.”

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson is an incredibly talented young kid...Who will show us how good he is - he will be savior we've been waiting for and when even all the anti-Zachsers can't deny his greatness....

Then and only then is when he will get hurt.  It has nothing to do with him, just the curse.

I didn't believe there was such a thing as a curse 48 hours ago, but at this point - it must be statistically impossible for a fan base to receive this much punishment.  And If it's statistically impossible then it must be supernatural.  Sorry, no other way to see it!

The thing is - It's not just a curse against winning, it's far worse - it attacks the heart of the fan base - it waits until there's hope and then destroys it!  

It’s certainly what most of us have learned to expect. I’ve learned to expect the absolute worse with this team. They have as of late always delivered. This time I’m going to follow your early lead and believe in Zach Wilson and this team. I’m probably going to be terribly dissapointed and have my hopes and dreams smashed to pieces. But, I’m gonna ride the wave till it dumps into a pile of sharp busted seas shells scarring me for life. Again. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not a curse.  It's just a long series of bad GM's/HC's.  Happily I think the Johnson brothers finally got it right this time.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one’s in the mood for this right now, DWC.  Please stop.  24-hour self ban, 

Why, because we lost Carl Lawson? 

I was just as fired up about Lawson as anyone and just as distraught about his injury as anyone but at the end of the day I've since realized that 2021's season is all about Zach Wilson and I'm still A+ fired up about our season because of him. 

Carl Lawson as a Cincinnati Bengals DE.

2017: 7-9.

2018: 4-3.

2019: 2-10. 

2020: 4-11-1. 

2017-2020: 17-33-1 (.333%). 

Carl Lawson doesn't make or break our 2021 season (just as he was never able to lead Cincinnati into the playoffs). 

I just find it weird how fans were correcting me throughout the entire offseason while I was predicting a top 3 Defense under coach Saleh along with the playoffs as they continued reminding me of "2-14" but yet now the season is all of a sudden over when we never even had a chance to begin with? 

I won't mention any usernames specifically but just go back and read the 2021 season (record) prediction thread and you'll notice that the same exact posters who were screaming doom and gloom throughout the entire offseason (before Lawson's injury) are now the same exact fans jumping off a bridge because of his injury; but didn't they already quit on the season a long time ago with or without "Lawson "?

I don't need 24 hours because I'm not going to allow the same fans who told me that we had no chance of the playoffs or a SB before Lawson's injury now become the same fans telling me there's no chance of the playoffs because of no Carl Lawson. 

2021 was always all about Zach Wilson to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Umm 

You’re aware of the pass protection issues? lol 

Pass protection even without Alijah Vera-Tucker was A+ vs the Giants.  Zach Wilson wasn't even touched and his jersey remained clean.  

USATSI_16566949-e1629000060130.jpg.0da1d1f4373e3e4510da67224fe47179.jpg

I'll worry about pass protection issues once I see it during a real game. 

And that 2nd round rookie who you watched Mekhi Becton make look like he didn't even belong on the same field as him in Azeez Ojulari?

Was a 2nd round draft pick of an edge rusher out of Georgia who dominated an elite SEC Conference last year with 9.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss; but yet he was physically dominated by Mekhi Becton in pass protection and absolutely mauled by Highway 77 in the run game (Morgan Moses looked outstanding in pass protection @ RT too). 

@Lith tell these guys how dominant Mekhi Becton was against your former Georgia Bulldogs pass rushing nightmare. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

It’s like you people hate optimism. “ Let’s go!!”

They hated my 2021 optimism before Lawson's injury and now they hate it after Lawson's injury.

What gives?

Just not allowed to be optimistic or something?

Oh well.

But I won't let those types of fans to crush my football spirits and that's because I've always known 2021 is all about Zach Wilson to begin with and he's the #1 reason why 90% of our fan base has been fired up since selecting him #2 overall.  

Our fan base may crave an edge rusher but not in comparison to how we're starved for a Franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They hated my 2021 optimism before Lawson's injury and now they hate it after Lawson's injury.

What gives?

Just not allowed to be optimistic or something?

Oh well.

But I won't let those types of fans to crush my football spirits and that's because I've always known 2021 is all about Zach Wilson to begin with and he's the #1 reason why 90% of our fan base has been fired up since selecting him #2 overall.  

Our fan base may crave an edge rusher but not in comparison to how we're starved for a Franchise QB. 

It’s what a decade plus of being constantly disappointed does to us. I felt the same pain when Lawson went down because I let the hope creep in. Honestly it was more about seeing him do what it seemed he was ready to do.  I was truly happy for him to be in this situation Joe and Robert put him in.  His loss will hurt but I expect the coaching  staff and the other players step up and play together to play better 

Speaking of together. Who is this “they”, “those types”are? WE are all Jets fans WE are all in this together. You don’t have to call out the posters  that have a different opinion to you, it’s not necessary. Let them work through their own process. This board would explode loaded with all DWC’s. Every fan on this board deserves better from this team than they given US. It’s ok they want to bitch and complain about it. Just do you and let everyone else do them. 

• Sympathy 2

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This post reminds of sports fans who once felt like us longtime suffering Jets fans...

Every dog has it's day.

(And Robert Saleh/Zach Wilson will one day soon give us ours). 

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Pass protection even without Alijah Vera-Tucker was A+ vs the Giants.  Zach Wilson wasn't even touched and his jersey remained clean.  

USATSI_16566949-e1629000060130.jpg.0da1d1f4373e3e4510da67224fe47179.jpg

I'll worry about pass protection issues once I see it during a real game. 

And that 2nd round rookie who you watched Mekhi Becton make look like he didn't even belong on the same field as him in Azeez Ojulari?

Was a 2nd round draft pick of an edge rusher out of Georgia who dominated an elite SEC Conference last year with 9.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss; but yet he was physically dominated by Mekhi Becton in pass protection and absolutely mauled by Highway 77 in the run game (Morgan Moses looked outstanding in pass protection @ RT too). 

@Lith tell these guys how dominant Mekhi Becton was against your former Georgia Bulldogs pass rushing nightmare. 

I agree with some of your comments, but I am still concerned about Becton.  Far from panicked or giving up on him, but I am concerned,  Even Lafleur admitted yesterday that he is not at his best.  We need him at his best, and he still has 3 weeks to get there.  So no panic, but concern.

Yes, he stood up well against Ojulari, but Azeez was a rookie getting his first NFL snaps.  And a lot of the Jets offense when Wilson was in was quick drops, get the ball out quickly to the first read.  Which is fine for a first pre-season game - I am not being critical.  Both he and Becton handled it well, but neither was asked to do too much.

I am curious to see how Becton looks this weekend as hopefully there will be more put on Zach's plate and he goes up against more established NFL pass rushers.  

This season is about WIlson's development, and he will need a solid LT protecting his blind side.  Becton needs to be at least as good as last year and preferably better in year 2.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s what a decade plus of being constantly disappointed does to us. I felt the same pain when Lawson went down because I let the hope creep in. Honestly it was more about seeing him do what it seemed he was ready to do.  I was truly happy for him to be in this situation Joe and Robert put him in. His loss will hurt but I expect the coaching  staff and the other players step up and play together to play better 

Speaking of together. Who is this “they”, “those types”are? WE are all Jets fans WE are all in this together. You don’t have to call out the posters  that have a different opinion to you, it’s not necessary. Let them work through their own process. This board would explode loaded with all DWC’s. Every fan on this board deserves better from this team than they given US. It’s ok they want to bitch and complain about it. Just do you and let everyone else do them. 

The injury to Carl Lawson stinks. Our defensive potential isn't the same without him. It hurts.  

But I'm still hopeful about our Defense due to what coach Saleh was able to do with San Fransisco's top 5 Defense last year despite his entire Defense (@ all 3 levels) being ravaged by injuries.  

Carl Lawson never led Cincinnati to the playoffs so with or without him imo 2021 is all about Zach Wilson and watching him develop into a potentially A+ Franchise Quarterback is what will be most fun for us. 

And I agree with everything you stated. We're in this together and I have a strong feeling it's going to become our Franchise hopeful who brings us closer together.

• Upvote 1

Hoping half of these posts are sarcastic because this is just pathetic. Like Lawson but he hasn’t even played a snap for us.  Everyone is acting like we just lost a prime JJ Watt who was definitively going to have 22 sacks this season and push us into the playoffs.  Lawson repeating a <10 sack season was certainly in the realm of possibility.  This is why I just do NOT like fans and the media over hyping players in the off season when we were 2-14 last season.  Hope he gets well soon.

At least Q is back, I’ll look forward to watching him improve even more, even if against double teams.  And if something happened to Wilson then yes, maybe I’d entertain the idea of this franchise being cursed.

5D1997D0-1C18-4331-BCB5-B90FB7C8E5CA.png

• Post of the Week 1

I approve of DWC's post, and with 24 hours to step off the ledge, I agree. Bonus that it's short, concise, and involves zero patting of one's own back.  It's Wilson who's going to make or break 2021 and beyond. Lawson is a really nice piece to have, and the hope now is that the Jets show strides this season and that Lawson can defy odds and come back in 2022 and 2023 to contribute.

However I have no doubt that DWC will soon devolve into pulling up old posts, calling out fellow fans, and overdoing the dramatics.

EDIT: I should've read the entire thread before I posted this. Already has. 

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s what a decade plus of being constantly disappointed does to us. I felt the same pain when Lawson went down because I let the hope creep in. Honestly it was more about seeing him do what it seemed he was ready to do.  I was truly happy for him to be in this situation Joe and Robert put him in.  His loss will hurt but I expect the coaching  staff and the other players step up and play together to play better 

Great post. 

We just lost one of our top 3 defensive players and our best pass rusher who was having a great camp.  It sucks.  Add that to the weight of a decade without playoffs and for some of us, 50 years of mostly bad football and frustration boils over.  Espeically yesterday as the news broke.  Venting on JN is a healthier outlet than kicking the dog, or tossing the laptop out the window, so vent away.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It doesn't matter.  It just doesn't matter.

Hey man imagine how I feel. 

Look at my username.  

And then during our JN live fantasy football draft while everyone was still drafting starting QBs/RBs/WRs and TEs it was me who took Defense (before anyone else ever had a chance to ruin my 2021 Jets season).

Screenshot_20210820-102209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.059029caca687c5d5ab3460108137f3b.jpg

And if not for coach Robert Saleh I would've released them yesterday but it's coach Saleh who I'm most fired up about in terms of LEADING our Defense.  

1355332812_download(2).jpeg.c326e52a360de9b90eb179cd6dfe7b84.jpeg

nyj1629017770.jpg.676a81ae2370cce65fb6c7e6b4408cc4.jpg

After Carl Lawson's injury yesterday I've just decided as a fan to leave all of our Defensive faith into coach Robert Saleh while putting all of my 2021 hope into Zach Wilson firing up our entire fan base.