As a fan base let's make 2021 the year of the Quarterback (and enjoy our 2021 Jets season).

All I know is yesterday following Lawson's injury me and my daughter went our to our local church that has a basketball court to play basketball and shoot hoops together (she's a beast SF) and while shooting around Lawson's injury was on my mind and she asked me poppa what's wrong?

and I explained to her one of my favorite players got hurt and is out for the season.

She asked me who?

I told her CARL LAWSON and she replied with what about Mr. Wilson? (who I've always referred to him as around our household) and right then and there it took an amazing 10 year old little girl to stop me in my tracks.

Right then and there I promised myself not to allow Carl Lawson's injury to ruin my 2021 season as Adam Gase Gase ruined our 2020 season.  

I went to sleep last night thinking about her words and her asking me about our Quarterback and today I woke up and couldn't wait to create this thread.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Hoping half of these posts are sarcastic because this is just pathetic. Like Lawson but he hasn’t even played a snap for us.  Everyone is acting like we just lost a prime JJ Watt who was definitively going to have 22 sacks this season and push us into the playoffs.  Lawson repeating a <10 sack season was certainly in the realm of possibility.  This is why I just do NOT like fans and the media over hyping players in the off season when we were 2-14 last season.  Hope he gets well soon.

At least Q is back, I’ll look forward to watching him improve even more, even if against double teams.  And if something happened to Wilson then yes, maybe I’d entertain the idea of this franchise being cursed.

5D1997D0-1C18-4331-BCB5-B90FB7C8E5CA.png

Well said. 

2017: 7-9.

2018: 4-3.

2019: 2-10. 

2020: 4-11-1. 

What did Carl Lawson ever lead his Cincinnati Bengals to throughout 2017-2020 other than an overall losing record of 17-33-1 (.333%)?

I was A+ fired up for Carl Lawson and still upset but I refuse to admit that a DE was going to make or break our 2021 season. 

images.jpeg.2d30baa9eba3d645de49412bc4935756.jpeg

He's the only one who truly matters because outside of Joe Namath and not since Chad Pennington of 2002 have we witnessed a true Franchise Quarterback and yes I've deeply missed #94 but I'm tired sick and tired of not having a Franchise Quarterback to rave about. 

2021 is all about Zach Wilson.

(and our OFFENSE surrounding him). 

After the utterly sickening 300 trevor lawrence slurping threads last year, I find the sudden slurping of our Qb from this character annoying.

Not to mention the idiotic takes on a guy like Lawson.  "Oh I loved the guy!"  then he gets hurt  "Well what did he do for Cincinnati?"

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

After the utterly sickening 300 trevor lawrence slurping threads last year, I find the sudden slurping of our Qb from this character annoying.

Not to mention the idiotic takes on a guy like Lawson.  "Oh I loved the guy!"  then he gets hurt  "Well what did he do for Cincinnati?"

Rooting for the #1 overall pick and Trevor Lawrence was my only way of finding any type of fan enjoyment throughout our 2-14 Adam Adam Gase nightmare season. 

So just because I wanted Trevor Lawrence doesn't mean I'm going to hold it against Zach Wilson. Just as I didn't hold it against Mekhi Becton and all because I loved Jerry Jeudy heading into 2020's draft (etc). 

And for what it's worth throughout OTAs/Mini Camp/Training Camp/Preseason I've followed both of Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson's early development (closely) and I'm excited to say that Zach Wilson has looked and performed much better (thus far) than Trevor Lawrence has and I'm fired up because of it. Zach Wilson is kicking the generational QBs ass who I wanted the most and I'm trying to enjoy it. 

Beerfish: "Me too, trading down and keeping Darnold for one more year was always my first choice". 

Is that why you're not happy with my Zach Wilson excitement? Because you never wanted any of the 2021 QBs to begin with but instead wanted to keep Sam Darnold? And does this mean that you'll see me correcting and criticizing you every time I see you fired up for Zach Wilson moving forward? Na. Because I'm not that type of fan (nor person) and have never once done that to you (and never will).

In regards to Carl Lawson.  I was excited for him A+ excited for him but it's been Robert Saleh's avatar who I've rocked in support of up until last night (not Carl Lawson's). And I'm only pointing out his Cincinnati losing record of .333% (with him) in order to try and give our fan base some type of 2021 hope by showing us that an awesome pass rushing DE doesn't make or break a 52 man Football team. 

Yes. I can be disappointed about and upset over Carl Lawson getting hurt but Carl Lawson doesn't change the fact how Robert Saleh overcame multiple key injuries last year and @ all 3 levels of Defense but yet still led a top 5 NFL Defense (despite being absolutely ravaged by injuries).  

Screenshot_20210820-085828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f38465cb67a15dd2be506f31b174e6b.jpg

You might want me to quit on 2021's season and all because of Carl Lawson's injury but it's not happening because I've still got a lot to look forward to here in 2021. 

And that's because I'm A+ fired up about Zach Wilson, I believe in coach Robert Saleh as a leader, I can't wait to see Hamsah Nasirildeen, Quinnen Williams, C.J. Mosley, Bryce Hall etc and i can't wait for tomorrow's game because I can't get enough of Zach Wilson.

Enjoy your 2021 season man and if not no worries just be sure to let those of us who want to enjoy our football season to be ourselves while trying to do so @ the same time. Thnx. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson is an incredibly talented young kid...Who will show us how good he is - he will be savior we've been waiting for and when even all the anti-Zachsers can't deny his greatness....

Then and only then is when he will get hurt.  It has nothing to do with him, just the curse.

I didn't believe there was such a thing as a curse 48 hours ago, but at this point - it must be statistically impossible for a fan base to receive this much punishment.  And If it's statistically impossible then it must be supernatural.  Sorry, no other way to see it!

The thing is - It's not just a curse against winning, it's far worse - it attacks the heart of the fan base - it waits until there's hope and then destroys it!  

Sam and Dean FBI - Supernatural Gif (23724)

• Haha 3

This is why I created this thread!

ZACH WILSON HAS ME FIRED UP MORE THAN LAWSON OR ANY OTHER PLAYER EVER COULD!!!

8/10. 

110 passing yards. 

0 sacks. 

1 TD/0 INTS. 

QB RATING OF 145.8 with a 27 yard TD LAZER STRIKE!

And the 2nd quarter just started!!!

THE YEAR OF THE QUARTERBACK 

AP21120027890916.7.thumb.jpg.e1b0844ca6948693d6a6ab667c75dee8.jpg

And he's got himself an A+ Franchise LT too!

Every Zach Wilson play (pass + run).

9/11, 128 passing yards,  0 sacks,  2 TDs/0 INTs with a (damn near perfect) QB RATING of 154.7

I'm sorry but no amount of QB pressures can make us lose our fkn minds quite like Zach Wilson just did!

@bla bla bla THNX YOU!

(Almost just as impressive was Mekhi Becton; because Zach Wilson was perfection!). 

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Every Zach Wilson play (pass + run).

9/11, 128 passing yards,  0 sacks,  2 TDs/0 INTs with a (damn near perfect) QB RATING of 154.7

I'm sorry but no amount of QB pressures can make us lose our fkn minds quite like Zach Wilson just did!

@bla bla bla THNX YOU!

(Almost just as impressive was Mekhi Becton; because Zach Wilson was perfection!). 

Damn! Right!?

• Sympathy 1

On 8/20/2021 at 5:11 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

No one’s in the mood for this right now, DWC.  Please stop.  24-hour self ban, perhaps.  

Well I'm in the mood for it. 

9/11, 128 passing yards,  0 sacks,  2 TDs/0 INTs with a (damn near perfect) QB RATING of 154.7

I've been in the mood for it. 

No DE can fire me up like Zach Wilson can. 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:29 AM, southparkcpa said:

Pom Pom fans…….  I happen to live in the real world.  

And so do I. 

9/11, 128 passing yards,  0 sacks,  2 TDs/0 INTs with a (damn near perfect) QB RATING of 154.7

And I'm going to pom pom cheerlead my ass off for Zach Wilson throughout my entire 2021 Football season and can't no Carl Lawson injury take that away from me. 

Welcome to my REAL WORLD (and you're more than welcome to join it). 

2021 = The Year of the Quarterback and I'm not sorry if you disagree. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:03 AM, Larz said:

Umm 

You’re aware of the pass protection issues? lol 

Pass protection issues? 

Two preseason games later and the Rookie QBs jersey has been cleaner than a baseball player scared to dive into 2nd  base (and without our starting 1st round LG too). 

And Mekhi Becton has been A++ during every single Zach Wilson drop back. 

Wilson has not been TOUCHED. 

What pass protection issues are you talking about?

The one's where he didn't want to maul and destroy his teammates during friendly practices as he does during real Football games?

Mekhi Becton aka Mt. Becton aka The Big Ticket aka Highway 77 etc do we even remember those Rookie nicknames? Because Baldy and I do. 

LG and RG/RT was the only issues we had last year while begging Gase to run left behind Mekhi Becton and thankfully Zach Wilson now has Alijah Vera-Tucker at LG and Morgan Moses at RT who's a beast but more importantly?

17417571_0.png.f022fc714d14f8646d76344496c0de41.png

As his FRANCHISE LEFT TACKLE. 

Feels like I'm talking to myself after Zach's awesome performance last night. 

I can't respect the one's who jumped down my throat immediately after I created this thread due to my excitement of Zach Wilson and our 2021 season (despite Lawson's injury) but yet I then see the same one's A.) running away from this thread and B.) EXCITED in other threads over Zach's A++ and electric performance because that's C.) Bush league. 

Please don't never tell anyone we can't be excited over Zach Wilson and our 2021 season and all because 1 DE end gets injured.  Ever again. Please and thank you. 

Because 2021 was always about ZACH WILSON.