Shake It Off People ...

KRL

Thanks for the lift KRL. 

It sucks, but the Jets have actually been super fortunate to avoid these types of injuries in recent years, despite how bad the team has been overall in that span. 

Still a lot of things to be excited about with this team this year, and Carl will be back next year when we really make our playoff push. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Last September, Rashed was being mocked in the 1st round by pretty much everyone out there.

He made the most of his playing time last Saturday and showed a nice initial first step.

I’m sure as hell more intrigued by him than a guy like Zuniga.

Absolutely. I was shocked to see him not get drafted. Was Glad to see JD scooped him up. He looked great last week and from what I’ve read up on him, seems like a good guy with his head on straight. Hopefully he has a nice weekend in GB. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I haven't  really commented on Lawson yet. When I heard about it I just chalked it up to this teams habitual bad luck. What really stinks is this would have been a guy that forced the opposing O to play Q honestly. Now we will see another season of double and triple teams. 

This is really the most frustrating thing.  Really hoping at least one of three things happen: Rankins really shows up along side Q, Q gets demonstrably better, or Saleh really is a D-line wizard and Huff/JLM/younger guys take leaps.

• Upvote 1

I mean I guess from a positive standpoint if this was going to happen at least it happen early enough that he has now close to a full year to recover versus this happening say week 12 putting a question mark for the 2022 season when we really expect to make that push.  

On the flip side, I wonder more-so about the effect this will have on our secondary.  Everyone's talking about the pass rush but this defense was predicated on our pass rush so our secondary wouldn't be expected to cover as long.  While our d-line should still be good, that disruption Lawson was expected to bring does have a domino effect on our secondary.

• Upvote 1

Honnestly, I am a bit disappointed for the Jets but I agree we may find a surprisingly good pass rusher in the list of players you mentioned. Strangely I feel particularly sad for Lawson. He had such a good attitude that he was the one that deserved the least a devastating injury. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Badom said:

Honnestly, I am a bit disappointed for the Jets but I agree we may find a surprisingly good pass rusher in the list of players you mentioned. Strangely I feel particularly sad for Lawson. He had such a good attitude that he was the one that deserved the least a devastating injury. 

nobody and I mean NOBODY deserves that injury...its extremely painful recovery wise.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Last September, Rashed was being mocked in the 1st round by pretty much everyone out there.

He made the most of his playing time last Saturday and showed a nice initial first step.

I’m sure as hell more intrigued by him than a guy like Zuniga.

explain how someone mocked in the 1st goes undrafted.... fill us in on the juicy details

No

ulbrich had stated that his defense relies on quick pressure. 

he said if the QB gets to the SECOND or third read the defense is in trouble. 

When the games start, Nas, Guidry and Carter will have bullseyes on them

Without quick pressure will they hold up ?

it’s possible I guess.  When the DC spells it out like that however, it’s not likely 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

explain how someone mocked in the 1st goes undrafted.... fill us in on the juicy details

He had a big down year last season.

I don’t know. Go back and look at some of the mocks from early last season. Damn near every one of them has him going in the mid-late 1st round.

• Sympathy 1

A few thoughts--

There have been a lot of Jets "win now" posts.  Lawson's injury puts an end to that.

Las Vegas has consistently put the Jets in the 5-6 win category.  While they would never have predicted that based on Lawson's injury,         they understood that the Jets are a fragile franchise at this point.

This season has always been about player development, not making the playoffs.  JD and Saleh have made that clear by not bringing in       a veteran CB or QB.  No trade for Zach Ertz.

KRL has it just right.  Lawson's injury is an opportunity for down roster players to step up.  One of them is going to get his chance,

There are a boatload of positives.  Wilson has every chance to become a top tier NFL QB.  The O Line has a lot of issues to work through, but there is more talent than we seen in years.  If they develop over the course of the season, the Jets O is light years ahead of our recent past.  The D has a swarm of young players who show a lot of ability.  It's going to take a lot of time and frustration to develop those players but we can come out with some excellent NFL players.  And we will know where our holes are.

Finally, we have a lot of draft potential.  We have a very well managed salary cap.  And the coaching staff looks great.  So every loss this year positions us for a great 2022.

• Upvote 3

The D without Lawson should be substantially better than last year.  The O should be much better than last year.  The coaching staff should be much better than last year.  

We're in a very tough division.  I'm excited to be able to watch the Jets compete and not having to rip my eyeballs out of my head watching paint dry whenever we had the ball.  Watching the Jets the last couple of years was boring we simply weren't competitive with the better NFL teams and certainly we were behind the curve in our own division.  

Lossing a legit edge rusher stinks.  We still have better personal on both sides of the ball and what looks to be a coaching staff that has a clue.  I think this could be a fun year even without making a playoff run.  I'm really looking forward to it.  

Very interested to see our young players develop and our rookie coaching staff get schooled and adjust to the amazing coaching staffs of our division.  If Saleh is who we think he is the AFC East is going to be the new black and blue division for a long time.

If Zach is on his way to being the elite NFL QB I think he can and our coaching staff can compete and adjust against Miami, the Bills and New England this could be a fun seasn and the begining of a very good run for the Jets.  

Lossing Lawson stinks but at the end of the day it's up to Douglas, Saleh and Zach to make the Jets a contending team in what looks to be a division that's going to be a killer for years.  Lets see the team compete.  The young players develop.  The coaching staff adjust.  Lawson is going to work his ass off and be back next year.  

Good thread.  Hell yes!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

My money is on Lawson to come through rehab ahead of schedule and eager to rejoin his teammates. I'm expecting him to be full go next season. Meanwhile, its' next man up and a chance for all our kiddos to show what they've got. This team bears no resemblance to the sad sacks of last year. Go jets!

• Upvote 1

Meh,

Like most Jets fans I will shake it off and move on the same way we have collectively been shaking things off for decade after decade after decade.

But it happened like two minutes ago and I plan on being miserable and pissed off about it for a little while yet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

My money is on Lawson to come through rehab ahead of schedule and eager to rejoin his teammates. I'm expecting him to be full go next season. Meanwhile, its' next man up and a chance for all our kiddos to show what they've got. This team bears no resemblance to the sad sacks of last year. Go jets!

Maybe with an ACL or MCL but not an Achilles.  I don't think we see him on the field as a Jet ever again.

• Upvote 1