Shake It Off People ...

KRL

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Maybe with an ACL or MCL but not an Achilles.  I don't think we see him on the field as a Jet ever again.

Yup. Achilles tears have a grim history in the NFL. Nowhere near the success rate of ACL tears which are commonplace. 

After the injury to Carl Lawson me and my daughter went to shoot some hoops and I immediately shook it off on the basketball court. 

We've still got a lot to be fired up for as Jets fans heading into 2021 aka the year of our Quarterback.  

And if we didn't allow Adam Gase to make us quit then Lawson's injury shouldn't ruin our fan base either. 

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Maybe with an ACL or MCL but not an Achilles.  I don't think we see him on the field as a Jet ever again.

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Yup. Achilles tears have a grim history in the NFL. Nowhere near the success rate of ACL tears which are commonplace. 

Seriously?  I think most of those studies are pretty old.  There is always a chance things will go sideways, but off the top of my head, plenty of guys had big years after rupturing their Achilles - Brent Grimes, Demaryius Thomas, Jason Peters. Corey Peters, Leon Hall did both and still had some years.  I get the concern, but it is not exactly a death sentence.  

I think most of the bad news was for RB and LB.  Are we considering Lawson an LB for this exercise?  I don't and I think the RB suffer because teams are so quick to move on from them.  We will see if Cam Akers and/or Marlon Mack make solid comebacks.

5 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I’m gonna root like hell for Hamilcar Rashed. Lots of intriguing potential and seems like he’ll work his tail off to get the spot. If nothing else, this depressing injury gives the young guys a great opportunity to step in and make a big impact right away. 

I am hoping for the 2 guys last year drafted and un-drafted in Huff basically taking on Lawson's role and Zuniga getting more into helping the D pass rush since he has struggled up to this point, but maybe now this will motivate him to fight harder in Lawson's absence to not only make the team, but contribute in some semblance of a role on the Dline. 

You gotta view this through the lens of a Jets fan and how having our best player tear his Achilles is a GOOD thing in the 5 year plan (which is the plan after the last 5 year plan but before the next 5 year plan).

Zach is a rookie and will have some struggles.  This doesn't directly impact his protection as it would if it were Mekhi to go down (even though apparently he stinks now) soooooo, with Lawson out we may lose an extra game or two this year which will improve the only thing we've cared about the past decade which is draft position.

In 2022 we'll have Zach seasoned, Lawson back (if he ever plays football again) PLUS a HIGHER DRAFT PICK!!!

I'm popping bottles over here with my green tinted glasses

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KRL said:

It stinks to lose Lawson but to me this season got even more interesting
with what's gone on in GB this week:

- To me the following DLinemen are going to make the team:

Williams
  Rankins
  Huff
  Fatukasi
  Franklin-Myers
  Blair
  Marshall

And even though the rest of the DLine feels bad for Lawson, they all
  went to sleep "excited" because there's now a legitimate shot to make
  the team.  Who will step up to fill the last 1 or 2 spots:

Rashed
  Smart
  Zuniga
  Shepherd
  Curry
  Phillips

The scheme won't change (because if you can't generate pressure you won't
  make the team) but will Saleh/Ulbrich shift players into different positions

- Considering he's a first time OC, LaFleur made some very interesting public
comments about Becton and pass protection in general.  Let's see how Becton and
the entire offense responds 

- Finally it will be interesting to see how Saleh steers a young team through its
first crisis   

if this doesn't motivate zuniga or get him to finally take the next step, nothing will.  he has every opportunity to make the team at this point.

8 hours ago, KRL said:

It stinks to lose Lawson but to me this season got even more interesting
with what's gone on in GB this week:

- To me the following DLinemen are going to make the team:

Williams
  Rankins
  Huff
  Fatukasi
  Franklin-Myers
  Blair
  Marshall

And even though the rest of the DLine feels bad for Lawson, they all
  went to sleep "excited" because there's now a legitimate shot to make
  the team.  Who will step up to fill the last 1 or 2 spots:

Rashed
  Smart
  Zuniga
  Shepherd
  Curry
  Phillips

The scheme won't change (because if you can't generate pressure you won't
  make the team) but will Saleh/Ulbrich shift players into different positions

- Considering he's a first time OC, LaFleur made some very interesting public
comments about Becton and pass protection in general.  Let's see how Becton and
the entire offense responds 

- Finally it will be interesting to see how Saleh steers a young team through its
first crisis   

I really hope we give Hamilcar some reps with the ones to see what he can do 1-1 with QW being double teamed.

I dont see any reason to keep Shepphard.  Yes hes a good rotational player and will be picked up immediately but Marshall is cheaper and has more upside.

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I really hope we give Hamilcar some reps with the ones to see what he can do 1-1 with QW being double teamed.

I dont see any reason to keep Shepphard.  Yes hes a good rotational player and will be picked up immediately but Marshall is cheaper and has more upside.

Agree, if it's a choice but Shephard is worth keeping if there's room in the inn.

Seriously?  I think most of those studies are pretty old.  There is always a chance things will go sideways, but off the top of my head, plenty of guys had big years after rupturing their Achilles - Brent Grimes, Demaryius Thomas, Jason Peters. Corey Peters, Leon Hall did both and still had some years.  I get the concern, but it is not exactly a death sentence.  
I think most of the bad news was for RB and LB.  Are we considering Lawson an LB for this exercise?  I don't and I think the RB suffer because teams are so quick to move on from them.  We will see if Cam Akers and/or Marlon Mack make solid comebacks.
Hope you are right ... it's going to be a tough road for a speed edge.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Last September, Rashed was being mocked in the 1st round by pretty much everyone out there.

He made the most of his playing time last Saturday and showed a nice initial first step.

I’m sure as hell more intrigued by him than a guy like Zuniga.

Zuniga is awful, Bryce Huff is the Edge. Zuniga will be lucky to make the practice squad.

• Upvote 1