The meaning behind your JN usernames.

20 minutes ago, DeeJet said:

I’m a Melbourne demon fan (Australian rules football ). We are known as the Dees for short. So I mixed the names of my two favourite sports teams DeeJet. 

Interesting. Was going to ask why you chose the Jets for your NFL team, but after reading the first article I googled about demon fans I understand.  Sounds like the Jets are the Melbourne Demons of the NFL. BTW I respect you chose pain rather than take the easy way out and choose the patriots or chiefs. 

BEING a Melbourne supporter is the worst. 

Unlike some other struggling clubs, Melbourne aren’t even in the business of selling false hope.

I’ve sat through some of the worst performances in the history of football, most in the last six years.

However, I still love the club, buy my membership each year, pay the amount that ‘guarantees me finals tickets’ (ha!) and sit through every game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/melbourne/melbourne-demons-fan-heres-how-you-spot-one-hold-the-range-rover-jokes-please/news-story/4c94663f6ecd5de991fd4bb57994f871%3famp

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Throughout the 1990's during Football seasons on Saturdays as a pregame ritual for Sundays games my Grandfather would dust off old VCR games that he had recorded throughout the entire 60's and every season my Grandpa would watch those games with both me and my older brother. 

At 13 years old during our 1998-1999 season (my favorite Football year of All-Time) it finally happened we had finally made it to his favorite 1968-1969 Championship season and that's when I fell in love with his throwback players on Defense Gerry Philbin, Paul Rochester, John Elliott, Verlon Biggs, Johnny Sample, Ralph Baker, Randy Beverly, Jim Hudson, Cornell Gordon and Al Atkinson but Larry Grantham was his favorite player of All-Time and throughout our 1968-1969 season during our 1998-1999 run he always preached to both me and my older brother that 'DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS'. 

Thinking back my favorite game was beating the powerhouse Oakland Raiders in Queens @ Shea Stadium during the AFC (AFL) Championship Game who had beat us earlier in the season imo that game was more intense than our SB win over Baltimore and he was right all along because against Johnny Unitas our legendary Jets Defense held his Colts to only 7 points).

iavjwzbckzyf2akj6m6p.thumb.jpg.0af4fb9e82875902424a3e5766f3d75f.jpg

And that's how I came up with the username of DWC in loving memory of my Football hero who introduced me to the game of Football happy birthday pops

??? 8-21-1937 ???

(Carl Lawson's injury has been stressful on our entire fan base so i wanted to create a lighthearted topic of discussion in order to learn more about the meaning behind all of our usernames).

Some names are just self explanatory

• Haha 2

Jets in Florida, turned to JiF but now it has many meanings; Just in Fudge, Jelly in Fridge, Jab in Face, Juicy i Fart, Jealous i Freak, Jizz in Face,  it really just taken on a life of it owns. 

someone changed my name to what it is now and I dont know who but I love it and them because I'm Zachkapono's #1 fan.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Throughout the 1990's during Football seasons on Saturdays as a pregame ritual for Sundays games my Grandfather would dust off old VCR games that he had recorded throughout the entire 60's and every season my Grandpa would watch those games with both me and my older brother. 

Cool story except the earliest VCR for home use wasnt available until the mid 70's.

My user name pays homage to Canadian Henri Kleckineau inventor of the round type hockey puck.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

What I’d like to know is how so many on here live in different parts of the country and are NY Jets fans. Sure, some grew up in NY and moved away but what about those who didn’t. What kind of person who wasn’t raised in NY would choose to be a Jets fan?  Now that’s some strange sh*t right there. ?

Did you see Maynard live?  Have no idea how old you are, just curious