Zach Wilson - 9/11 - 128 Yards - 2 Touchdowns - 0 INTs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discuss. If this doesn’t make your peepee tingle, then you need to watch something more exciting than football.      

PSA: i nutted in my pants at work refreshing the play by play during Wilson’s drives & I immediately found the adult diapers located next to the dog food. I work at Walmart. I waddled there.

Posted Images

Last week he was good but he looked handled.  This week he let the ball go.  He was driving the ball down the field.  It looked quick and effortless.  Guys got great talent and works hard.  Good to see he still has a little gun slinger in him.  The great ones all  have that.  

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

look at Darnold’s footwork & then watch a Wilson throw. The difference is quite huge — and Darnold is a 4 year starter.

Typical darnold.  Clean pocket but still has happy feet.  Hes awful.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

look at Darnold’s footwork & then watch a Wilson throw. The difference is quite huge — and Darnold is a 4 year starter.

From NFL.com:   

NFL Research: Wilson's 9-of-11 passing (81.8 comp pct), 128 pass yards, two pass TDs and 154.7 passer rating against Green Bay are all higher marks than anything Sam Darnoldproduced in a single preseason game with the Jets from 2018-2019.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

With the caveat that the Jets were playing #1’s vs their #2’s it seems…

…..he looked very good. Alot of positives today. Impressive showing so far thru 2 weeks of preseason.

Actuality is neither team was playing many starters early.

Either way, you play who's on the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, docdhc said:

From NFL.com:   

NFL Research: Wilson's 9-of-11 passing (81.8 comp pct), 128 pass yards, two pass TDs and 154.7 passer rating against Green Bay are all higher marks than anything Sam Darnoldproduced in a single preseason game with the Jets from 2018-2019.

Comparing wilson to darnold is like comparing a ferrari to a kia.  Its not even worth mentioning.

• Upvote 2

He’s continuing to check boxes.

Week 1: in and out of the huddle, command the offense, poise, don’t look overwhelmed, show that the quick release and arm strength translates to the next level

Week 2: build on the positives from week 1, less scripted, show you can handle more complex route concepts and attack further down the field, go deeper through progressions, show off some of the off-script, off platform, gunslinger stuff that got you drafted at number 2.

Very encouraging start.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

omg he had just 2 passes and one completion. 

i was trying to follow this game on the NFL app and thought my PC got stuck when i seen thats all he did. went on the carolina forum to see if he got hurt which he didnt. there fans were not happy. i think there starting to realize JD sold them a lemon

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

considering it wasnt the starters i am still happy. could be worst. he could have sucked against backups.

still i thought he would have thrown a deep pass to see how his touch is one on one down the sidelines. and to show the other teams he can make that throw, and Saleh will call it.

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Week 1: in and out of the huddle, command the offense, poise, don’t look overwhelmed, show that the quick release and arm strength translates to the next level

Week 2: build on the positives from week 1, less scripted, show you can handle more complex route concepts and attack further down the field, go deeper through progressions, show off some of the off-script, off platform, gunslinger stuff that got you drafted at number 2.

Very encouraging start.

Re: the quick release and processing… Don’t think I’ve seen him get touched by a defender yet. 

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Re: the quick release and processing… Don’t think I’ve seen him get touched by a defender yet. 

0 sacks through 2 games. The pass protection has been very good but he absolutely deserves credit for that as well.

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Hit him in stride? That was literally a 4 yard pass that Kroft then ran for 20 yards and made 2 defenders miss.

I was highly impressed with Kroft on that play.

If you watch the play you will see he hit him in stride on the crossing route. If he would have to slow down he wouldn’t have been able to get all the way to the end zone. Yes Kraft made an excellent play but the throw was right on the money.

56 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

0 sacks through 2 games. The pass protection has been very good but he absolutely deserves credit for that as well.

His mobility in the pocket has been noticeable IMO.

Not "run out of pocket wildly and toss up a crazy pass" type mobility, but more a controlled and more subtle "pocket awareness, so shift a step or two left to buy 2 second" type mobility.

It's supposed to be one of his talents, so good to see this early version of it thru the 2 preseason appearances.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

If Mac Jones put up numbers like this, they'd be slobbering all over him.

They’re still actively eating Fields’ assh0le and the only thing he did was scramble for a 1st on 4th and 3 against a bunch of guys who will be selling insurance door to door in a week.

• Upvote 3

Reality Check:

Tua Tag put up 16-23 for 183 Yards and a TD (no INT) tonight (107 QB Rating).

Mitch Trubisky put up 20-28 for 221 Yards and a TD (no INT) tonight (106 QB Rating).

And most here think both these guys are utterly horrible.

I do like what I'm seeing so far from Wilson, and a 154 QB Rating is nothing to sneeze at, but remember, it's still just Preseason.  Vanilla play-calling, playing against backups, and more.

Week 1 is going to be VERY informative for us I think.  I can't wait for games and snaps that count vs. legit #1's trying to win.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Very encouraging start.

Week 3: SIT

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sorry War, but that is tad disingenuous. It is not so much of the stats but his poise, calmness, accuracy and field vision that you take away from it. Like in that video of Sam's pass. He has a WIDE open Anderson and he like double clutches three times. No one thinks it will all be smooth sailing but just from a speed and competence and command stand point he is super impressive,

This. He passes the initial eye test with flying colors. He’s so smooth with his footwork and so natural with his throwing motion that you don’t need to be a pro scout to appreciate. Darnold had good games but never looked like that. There’s no guarantee that this translates into long term success but it makes you realize why the personnel department and coaching staff is so high on him. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

considering it wasnt the starters i am still happy. could be worst. he could have sucked against backups.

still i thought he would have thrown a deep pass to see how his touch is one on one down the sidelines. and to show the other teams he can make that throw, and Saleh will call it.

I think he's just taking what the defense gives him man. He's not going to chuck up a ball just to "show the NFL what I can do." When it's there, we are going to see it.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Love to see this.  It's fine to have an opinion on a guy before he's done anything but own it when you get proven wrong.  If Zach comes out dealing in week 1, the NFL media machine might just get obnoxious in their rush to get on the slobber train and I will enjoy every minute of it.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Typical darnold.  Clean pocket but still has happy feet.  Hes awful.

Lol. He was moving his feet. Wilson and every other QB in the league do that waiting for the route to open up.