Fields Blownup Hard

Warfish

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The gap between the media praise and actual performance with Fields is going to be an issue for the Bears.

It’ll be interesting to watch. The talk radio people out here are openly advocating for him to start, and he was 9/19 today against guys who will be selling insurance in two weeks

• Upvote 2

Justin Fields fans killed me last year when I mentioned how A.) He lacks pocket awareness (doesn't even see pressure) and B.) He's more of a RB than a QB. 

And so far throughout two preseason games he's been a nice runner but an atrocious Quarterback. 

Compare Wilson vs. Fields statistics after 2 games and you'll see how Zach is light years ahead of him as not an RB but as a QB.

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Maybe.

But part of me misses the old NFL.

Violence is part of football, and definitely part of the appeal, but even in MMA they limit what kind of violence is acceptable.  "No lifelong damage" is a good rule of thumb.  And with what they know about concussions now, head hunting definitely needs to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Good breakdown on what went wrong on the play by Tim Jenkins.  Basically, Justin didn’t set the right protection.  This was a huge problem with Sam last year, particularly when it came to blitzes up the A gap, and I remember pointing it out:

It was still a totally unnecessary helmet to helmet hit.  Either way, after rewatching some of the game, I take back what I said “how can you justify starting Dalton?”  Fields should probably sit.  That o-line isn’t good and having a rookie QB who needs to learn how to read that pre-snap and adjust the protections properly isn’t going to help.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Good breakdown on what went wrong on the play by Tim Jenkins.  Basically, Justin didn’t set the right protection.  This was a huge problem with Sam last year, particularly when it came to blitzes up the A gap, and I remember pointing it out:

It was still a totally unnecessary helmet to helmet hit.  Either way, after rewatching some of the game, Fields definitely should sit.  That o-line isn’t good and having a rookie QB who needs to learn how to read that pre-snap and adjust the protections properly isn’t going to help.

Love this take. Fields is supposed to be a very bright guy though so hopefully he learns as he goes. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Wit said:

Love this take. Fields is supposed to be a very bright guy though so hopefully he learns as he goes. 

I’m sure he’ll be fine.  It’s his rookie year and he comes from a system where he almost never had to do this.  It’s cases like Darnold, when he’s not identifying it in year 3, that make you worry.  I think the kid has the goods, he just needs to sizzle a little bit on the sideline.

• Upvote 2