So many things to like from GB game

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Let's start with what wasn't good.  Injuries.  We are really snake-bitten right now.  This has to settle down and soon.

Now onto the good stuff.  In no particular order:

• Wilson - simply put he is doing everything you could dream of for a rookie.  I'm almost giddy from today's game just because of that.
  • TE play - Kroft came to stake out the #1 role today.  He showed a lot of poise, speed and power and ability to hold onto the ball on those two scores.  Good for him!
  • TE play part 2 - Wesco keeps making a splash here and there but shows enough to be a valuable piece of the offense.
  • Corey Davis - Today he looked like a true #1 WR.  It should only get better from here.
  • OL - 1 sack allowed all day.  Becton is fine.  Rest of the line protected.  Run blocking had a few issues, but AVT is still not in there.
  • Bryce Huff - No...he isn't Lawson, but he showed that he can do his part and pressure the QB.  When QW gets back in, this could get more interesting.  We might still have some pass rush.
  • Ammendola - Ladies and Gentlemen, as of today, we have a Kicker.  Might not last, but 3 FGs and 2 XPs including a strong 54-yarder made a statement.  We might bring in competition but for the moment, I'm not terrified of having to kick a FG.
  • Michael Carter - Probably the most potential of the RBs.  I want to see more of him earlier on next week.
  • Mosley - He looks good.  Not much in terms of splash plays today, but he's around the ball, making tackles, and healthy.  With Lawson down, he is going to be a very important piece of this defense.  

The secondary was mixed to me.  Some good plays but they got burned early on a few times.  Young guys so work in progress but hoping they continue to develop quickly.

But overall, that's a long list of things that made me happy today.  After the mood here the past few days, it was a pleasant surprise.  

But most of all - I really have the feeling we have a QB that can become one of the greats.  I'm going to ride this wave with a big smile on my face until it dumps me, hoping it never does.

What did I miss?

You a very sexy man 

• Haha 1

There wasn't many penalties they knew how to line up it appeared they knew what they were doing, where they were going, a complete lack of confusion in the new system.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Both sides of the ball need to play at least 1 half of football next week.  Its not time to live in fear and sit guys.  This is a young team that needs more snaps under their belt before week 1.  These opportunities are priceless.

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Let's start with what wasn't good.  Injuries.  We are really snake-bitten right now.  This has to settle down and soon.

Now onto the good stuff.  In no particular order:

• Wilson - simply put he is doing everything you could dream of for a rookie.  I'm almost giddy from today's game just because of that.
  • TE play - Kroft came to stake out the #1 role today.  He showed a lot of poise, speed and power and ability to hold onto the ball on those two scores.  Good for him!
  • TE play part 2 - Wesco keeps making a splash here and there but shows enough to be a valuable piece of the offense.
  • Corey Davis - Today he looked like a true #1 WR.  It should only get better from here.
  • OL - 1 sack allowed all day.  Becton is fine.  Rest of the line protected.  Run blocking had a few issues, but AVT is still not in there.
  • Bryce Huff - No...he isn't Lawson, but he showed that he can do his part and pressure the QB.  When QW gets back in, this could get more interesting.  We might still have some pass rush.
  • Ammendola - Ladies and Gentlemen, as of today, we have a Kicker.  Might not last, but 3 FGs and 2 XPs including a strong 54-yarder made a statement.  We might bring in competition but for the moment, I'm not terrified of having to kick a FG.
  • Michael Carter - Probably the most potential of the RBs.  I want to see more of him earlier on next week.
  • Mosley - He looks good.  Not much in terms of splash plays today, but he's around the ball, making tackles, and healthy.  With Lawson down, he is going to be a very important piece of this defense.  

The secondary was mixed to me.  Some good plays but they got burned early on a few times.  Young guys so work in progress but hoping they continue to develop quickly.

But overall, that's a long list of things that made me happy today.  After the mood here the past few days, it was a pleasant surprise.  

But most of all - I really have the feeling we have a QB that can become one of the greats.  I'm going to ride this wave with a big smile on my face until it dumps me, hoping it never does.

What did I miss?

I’m impressed with Kroft.

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Any chance Moses was told that Fant is starting at RT and his absence tonight was due to being upset about that?

I saw he got hurt the other day in practice - I’d assume it was due to that.

• Upvote 3

Moses and Austin DNP for "personal reasons " this week.  Somebody else,  forgot who, was the same last week. Not used to seeing that. Assume it's a preseason thing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Another good point: Jets r disciplined and relatively penalty free. This equates to points and its a major thing

If this is accurate during the season…

Post of the month, sir.

59 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This 100%

And @Snell41 mentioned it as well.....................

This is Soooooo Important it needs to stated again and AGAIN!!

The Jets are PLAYING... Dare I say it!!

INTELLIGENT DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL!

Saleh has the team looking like an capable NFL team! Something we haven't seen in THREE YEARS!!!!

I Love Robert Salehas as HC!!!!

Robert Salah is awesome!  A great teacher and leader.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

It's preseason, this sh*t is totally meaningless and you really cant make any proclamations based on what you're seeing but the only thing that matters is Zach looks comfortable executing the script, which is a good thing.  Live bullets will be totally different and he's going to have to do a lot more thinking but you have to be happy about his level of comfort in this offense and his ability to flawlessly execute the game plan.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Both sides of the ball need to play at least 1 half of football next week.  Its not time to live in fear and sit guys.  This is a young team that needs more snaps under their belt before week 1.  These opportunities are priceless.

100%. Even Aaron Rodgers said he needed a couple of years in the system before he knew it like the back of his hand. Our guys are no more likely to get in a preseason game then in a registrar season game. A game is a game and we need as much experience as possible.

It was good to see Kroft step up but I still think we should look to add someone if a descent player gets cut.

The most important takeaway is we have a good coaching staff that seems to know what the hell they’re doing. Zach looks calm and toolsy. But it’ll be up to the coaching staff to put him in position to succeed his rookie season.