An early AFC East prediction

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That Pats game would have been Lawson's "Welcome to Jersey" moment.  Clutch 3rd down sacks giving us the W.

Now I'm not as confident.  Saleh's cover 3 D better be legit.

It is legit.

He beat Aaron Rodgers 2x in 2019 (1x in the playoffs too) and led his SF Defense into the Super Bowl (where Patrick Mahomes had his 3rd worst QB Rating of All-Time). 

And last year despite being without Nick Bosa (much more deadly than Carl Lawson) and ravaged by injuries (and @ all 3 levels of Defense too) he still was somehow (I don't know how) able to field a top 5 NFL DEFENSE.

If that's not a legit Cover-3 Zone Defense well then I'm sorry I don't know what is?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It is legit.

He beat Aaron Rodgers 2x in 2019 (1x in the playoffs too) and led his SF Defense into the Super Bowl (where Patrick Mahomes had his 3rd worst QB Rating of All-Time). 

And last year despite being without Nick Bosa (much more deadly than Carl Lawson) and ravaged by injuries (and @ all 3 levels of Defense too) he still was somehow (I don't know how) able to field a top 5 NFL DEFENSE.

If that's not a legit Cover-3 Zone Defense well then I'm sorry I don't know what is?

I like the guy, but the idea that his D is some shut down beast is a bit of an overstatement.  They finished in the top half in points allowed once.   You act like he was some kind of magician against Mahomes and Rodgers.  Mahomes played them twice and he went 24/38 314 3/0 in 2018 and 26/42 286 2/2.  They scored 38 and then 31 in the SB.  Rodgers had some rough games against them but you conveniently seem to skip 25/31 305 4/0 in 2020 and 25/46 425 2/0 in 2018.  In the playoff loss Rodgers threw for 80% 326 2/2,  Are Jets fans going to be excited by that type of a shut down performance?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like the guy, but the idea that his D is some shut down beast is a bit of an overstatement.  They finished in the top half in points allowed once.   You act like he was some kind of magician against Mahomes and Rodgers.  Mahomes played them twice and he went 24/38 314 3/0 in 2018 and 26/42 286 2/2.  They scored 38 and then 31 in the SB.  Rodgers had some rough games against them but you conveniently seem to skip 25/31 305 4/0 in 2020 and 25/46 425 2/0 in 2018.  In the playoff loss Rodgers threw for 80% 326 2/2,  Are Jets fans going to be excited by that type of a shut down performance?

Look at how he led San Francisco's 2019 Defense once not ravaged by injuries and into the SB..

2019:

Jameis Winston: 1 TD/3 INTs. QB Rating of only 45.4 (194 passing yards after 36 pass attempts). 3 QB sacks.

Andy Dalton: 2 TD/1 INT. QB Rating of 90.5 (311 yards passing after 42 attempts). 4 QB sacks.

Mason Rudolph: 2 TDs/1 INTs. QB Rating of only 81.4 (174 passing yards after 27 passing attempts). 2 sacks.

Baker Mayfield: 0 TDs/2 INTs. QB Rating of only 13.4. (100 passing yards after 22 pass attempts). 4 sacks.

Jared Goff: 0 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of only 60.8 (78 passing yards after 24 pass attempts). 2 sacks.

Case Keenum: 0 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 91.3. (77 passing yards after 12 pass attempts). 3 sacks.

Kyle Allen: 0 TDs/3 INTs. QB Rating of only 28.9. (158 passing yards after 37 pass attempts). 7 sacks.

Kyler Murray: 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 130.7 (241 passing yards after 24 pass attempts). 3 sacks (and a loss).

Russell Wilson: 1 TD/1 INTs. QB Rating of only 86.9 (232 passing yards after 34 pass attempts). 5 sacks

Kyler Murray: 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 130.7 (241 passing yards after 24 pass attempts). 3 sacks (and a loss).

Aaron Rodgers: 1 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of only 75.8. (194 passing yards after 33 pass attempts). 5 sacks

(GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE in comparison to 2020's 4 TDs/0 INTs because of a injury ravaged Defense ang only scored 8 points).

Lamar Jackson: 1 TD/0 INTs. QB Rating of only 86.3 (105 passing yards after 23 pass attempts). 1 sack.

Drew Brees: 5 TDs/0 INT. QB Rating of 138.4 (349 passing yards after 40 pass attempts). 0 sacks (Ok he got destroyed here).

Matt Ryan: 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 95.0 (210 passing yards after 39 pass attempts). 2 sacks.

Jared Goff: 2 TDs/1 INT. QB Rating of only 85.7. (323 passing yards after 47 pass attempts). 0 sacks.

Russell Wilson: 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 95.1 (233 passing yards after 40 pass attempts). 1 sack (and a loss).

PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BOWL.

Kirk Cousins: 1 TD/1 INT. QB Rating of only 84.3. (172 passing yards after 29 pass attempts). 6 sacks

(only allowed 10 postseason points).

Aaron Rodgers: 2 TDs/2 INTs. QB Rating of 97.2. (326 passing yards after 39 pass attempts). 3 sacks.

(Pretty damn good to hold AR to only 20 postseason points and a big time difference in comparison to 2020's 4 TDs/0 INTs vs an injury destroyed SF D).

Patrick Mahomes: 2 TDs/2 INTs. QB Rating of only 78.1. (286 passing yards after 42 pass attempts). 4 sacks.

(3rd lowest Patrick Mahomes QB Rating of All-Time and did everything he could do to keep SF's lackluster offense in the game). Jimmy G wet the bed with 1 TD/2 INTs and a QB Rating of only 69.2 (funny how you hid the truth).

All of those QBs and the only one who absolutely destroyed him was Drew Brees 1x.

2019 Team Defense vs. QBs (when not ravaged by injuries).

1st in passing yards allowed (2,707).

1st in passing 1st downs allowed (150).

1st in QB hurry percentage (14.7%).

1st in sack yards (367).

2nd in QB pressure percentage (28.7%).

2nd in QB hurries (88).

3rd in sack percentage (8.5%).

3rd in average yards per pass attempt against (5.8).

4th in QB completions allowed (318).

5th in QB sacks (48).

6th in QB pressures (172).

7th in QB Rating against/allowed (83.0).

7th in QB completion percentage against (61.3%).

8th in points allowed .

He's a defensive mastermind man. 

• Upvote 1

And in 2020 yes a couple of QBs killed his injury depleted D. But not all of them did.

Most of them actually struggled vs. Saleh (despite a ravaged Defense).  

Kyler Murray: 1 TD/1 INT. QB Rating of only 78.1 (230 passing yards after 40 pass attempts). 2 QB sacks.

Sam Darnold: 1 TD/0 INTs. QB Rating of 90.5 (don't let it fool you, 32 passing attempts with only 179 yards passing). 1 QB sack.

Daniel Jones: 0 TDs/1 INTs. QB Rating of only 56.9. (179 passing yards after 32 passing attempts). 2 sacks.

Carson Wentz: 1 TD/1 INT. QB Rating of 81.4 (193 passing yards after 28 pass attempts). 3 sacks.

Jared Goff: 2 TDs/1 INT. QB Rating of only 72.0. (198 passing yards after 38 pass attempts). 0 sacks.

Cam Newton: 0 TDs/3 INTs. QB Rating of only 39.7. (98 passing yards after 15 pass attempts and then benched by Bill Belichick). 1 sack. 

Jarrett Stidham: 0 TDs/1 INT. QB Rating of only 39.2. (64 passing yards after 10 pass attempts). 1 sack.

Drew Brees: 1 TD/0 INTs. QB Rating of 103.4. (76 passing yards after 13 pass attempts). 0 sacks. Got injured. 

Jameis Winston: 0 TDs/INTs. QB Rating of only 78.3. (63 passing yards after 10 attempts). 2 sacks.

Jared Goff: 0 TDs/2 INTs. QB Rating of only 52.9. (197 passing yards after 31 pass attempts). 2 sacks.

Alex Smith: 0 TDs/1 INT. QB Rating of only 27.7. (57 passing yards after 19 pass attempts). 1 sack. Dwayne Haskins: 0 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of only 68.4. (51 passing yards after 12 pass attempts). 1 sack.

Andy Dalton: Didn't destroy him but did have success. 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 96.7. (209 passing yards after 33 pass attempts). 2 sacks.

Kyler Murray: 0 TDs/1 INT. QB Rating of only 66.0. (247 passing yards after 50 pass attempts). 3 sacks.

Russell Wilson: Had some success. 2 TDs/0 INTs. QB Rating of 87.8. (181 passing yards after 36 pass attempts). 2 sacks.

@#27TheDominator

I know what happened to his 2020 49ers Defense and I know how bad SFs Offense struggled too. This guy is a mastermind.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Unfortunately SF shutting down teams had a lot to do with Bosa & Co., the idea that it was just because of Saleh is a little bit of a stretch

20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wilson up against Belichick the first time will be a challenge. He is exceptional at fooling young QBs. If Zach performs well it is another solid indicator he will be the guy.

The Pats from what I can tell, are going to be a pretty tough run first team.  They have an  upper echelon OL, will likely sport a 2TE set and they have a trio of very good rbs.  Along with a mobile QB and a decent deep threat in Agholor and we have a bit of a tough old school grinder type game for our D.  The problem is Z Wilson vs the NE D, which is one of the best in the league.  They have a top 3 secondary, so we're going to be relying on our run game which I think can be effective vs them, but is going to make it a field position game, and I don't have any confidence in our ST.

But this is a game we need to be at least competitive in, Cam Newton is not a scary qb to face at this stage of his career.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm not fully sold on Allen (probably denial), but even if he completely falls apart the Bills are still a powerhouse roster that's coached very well.  

Trubisky would lead them to the division even if Allen sh*ts the bed or gets injured.  

It's their division for 21 and probably 22 with the Dolphins hot on their heels. 

I expect us to be competitive and hopefully win some games, with a wild card run in 22 and hopefully a division in 23 when the Bills have to pay Allen's extension.  

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Josh Allen comes crashing back down to earth because of fans in the stands and Buffalo falls off a 2021 cliff because of it. 

Jets win our AFC East division for the 1st time since 1998. 

Coach Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson aren't ******* around.  

I would love this but if I’m a betting man; this won’t age well, lol.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Hael said:

The Pats from what I can tell, are going to be a pretty tough run first team.  They have an  upper echelon OL, will likely sport a 2TE set and they have a trio of very good rbs.  Along with a mobile QB and a decent deep threat in Agholor and we have a bit of a tough old school grinder type game for our D.  The problem is Z Wilson vs the NE D, which is one of the best in the league.  They have a top 3 secondary, so we're going to be relying on our run game which I think can be effective vs them, but is going to make it a field position game, and I don't have any confidence in our ST.

But this is a game we need to be at least competitive in, Cam Newton is not a scary qb to face at this stage of his career.

Pats wrs ate mediocre at best and Cam can't throw the ball. The Pats off-season hype has been ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It is legit.

True.

But don’t forget that both the Chiefs and the Bills beat the piss out of Saleh’s defense last year.

Its one of the reasons I was nervous with his hiring.

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

True.

But don’t forget that both the Chiefs and the Bills beat the piss out of Saleh’s defense last year.

Its one of the reasons I was nervous with his hiring.

And so did Aaron Rodgers and the GB Packers etc but what are you talking about? Because the 49ers and the Chiefs didn't even play against each other last year. 

So you're going to intentionaly judge coach Saleh's San Fransisco's Defense despite being ravaged and destroyed by multiple injuries at all 3 levels? That's why those 2020 QBs found success. But yet coach Saleh still led his 49ers to a top 5 Defense and made many of others QBs struggle last year. 

You should judge Saleh off of 2019 when his Defense wasn't rampaged by injuries. He managed to beat Aaron Rodgers 2x and eliminated him from the postseason playoffs and into the Super Bowl where against Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes had his 3rd worst QB Rating performance of All-Time during the SB against a Saleh led Defense. 

2020 is one reason why I was excited with his hiring. Because I know he can become ravaged by injuries to 6 different starters but yet still field a Top 5 NFL Defense.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1st 2 weeks of the season.

Buffalo - lose at home vs pitt, lose at fins

Miami - lose at pats, win at home vs bills

Jets - @carolina.  Bad qb, bad oline, bad defense.  Jets win.  Home vs Pats.  This will be the loudest and most anticipated Jet home game in over a decade.  The 1-0 jets battling the hated 1-0 pats for sole possession of 1st place.  The Robert Saleh/Zach Wilson era for the home opener!!!!!!!  This will be an experience those who attend the game will talk about for years to come.  Jets beat pats w/ the crowd going absolutely ballistic.

AFC East standings after week 2:

Jets: 2-0

Pats: 1-1

Fins: 1-1

Bills: 0-2

Bills will start the season at 2-0.

I believe that the Jets are capable of starting the season at 2-0 as well.  Game #2 will determine the Jets season.  As much as I want the Jets to win, I say they lose the game in a heartbreaking type of game.  This will set the Jets on a losing spin going 5-11 to end the season at 6-11.

I really want to be wrong about this.  I hope I am wrong.

37 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And so did Aaron Rodgers and the GB Packers etc but what are you talking about? Because the 49ers and the Chiefs didn't even play against each other last year. 

So you're going to intentionaly judge coach Saleh's San Fransisco's Defense despite being ravaged and destroyed by multiple injuries at all 3 levels? That's why those 2020 QBs found success. But yet coach Saleh still led his 49ers to a top 5 Defense and made many of others QBs struggle last year. 

You should judge Saleh off of 2019 when his Defense wasn't rampaged by injuries. He managed to beat Aaron Rodgers 2x and eliminated him from the postseason playoffs and into the Super Bowl where against Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes had his 3rd worst QB Rating performance of All-Time during the SB against a Saleh led Defense. 

2020 is one reason why I was excited with his hiring. Because I know he can become ravaged by injuries to 6 different starters but yet still field a Top 5 NFL Defense.

I was talking about the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. Where his defense gave up like 2-3 TD’s in the last 6 minutes to lose the game.

When the Chiefs and Bills are the top-2 teams in the conference, it’s not a great feeling knowing your HC’s defense got shredded by both teams.

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Facts said:

I was talking about the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. Where his defense gave up like 2-3 TD’s in the last 6 minutes to lose the game.

So you don't want to acknowledge how SFs Offense kept stinking and giving the ball back to KC?

You don't want to acknowledge how San Fransisco's QB in Jimmy G blew the SB by only going 1 TD/2 costly INTs and an atrocious QB Rating of only 69.2? 

All Saleh's fault? LOL.

You don't want to acknowledge how Patrick Mahomes is one of the greatest QBs of All-Time but yet only tossed 2 TDs with 2 INTs, 2 Fumnles, sacked 4x, a completion percentage of only 61% and/or his 3rd worst QB Rating of All-Time @ only 71.8?

San Fransisco's OFFENSE lost the game and failed to move the ball and kept punting in the 4th Q without picking up 1st downs to ice the game and Jimmy G played like crap. 

You want to blame Coach Saleh? That's sad man. 

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME OUR JETS EVER BEEN IN THE SB? 1968? BECAUSE COACH SALEH LED HIS DEFENSE THERE IN 2019 AND MADE PATRICK MAHOMES STRUGGLE MORE THAN HE'S EVER STRUGGLED BEFORE. 

23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Josh Allen comes crashing back down to earth because of fans in the stands and Buffalo falls off a 2021 cliff because of it. 

Jets win our AFC East division for the 1st time since 1998. 

Coach Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson aren't ******* around.  

The Jets won the division in 2002 bud.

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

1st 2 weeks of the season.

Buffalo - lose at home vs pitt, lose at fins

Miami - lose at pats, win at home vs bills

Jets - @carolina.  Bad qb, bad oline, bad defense.  Jets win.  Home vs Pats.  This will be the loudest and most anticipated Jet home game in over a decade.  The 1-0 jets battling the hated 1-0 pats for sole possession of 1st place.  The Robert Saleh/Zach Wilson era for the home opener!!!!!!!  This will be an experience those who attend the game will talk about for years to come.  Jets beat pats w/ the crowd going absolutely ballistic.

AFC East standings after week 2:

Jets: 2-0

Pats: 1-1

Fins: 1-1

Bills: 0-2

Last year after letting my favorite Robby Anderson walk, trading away my dude Jamal Adams and then the icing was C.J. Mosley sitting out I predicted word for word "3-13 with the potential of a 1996 Rich Kotite 1-15 type of nightmare" and they finished exactly in the middle @ 2-14; but nope. Not this year. 

@ Carolina = Win.

vs. Patriots = Win.

@ Denver = Win.

vs. Titans = Loss. 

vs. Falcons = Win. 

Bye

(@ 4-1 we're the talk of the NFL and from there both confidence along with team belief in something special is built; along with momentum moving forward).

@ New England = Win.

vs. Bengals = Win.

@ Indianapolis = Loss. 

vs. Bills = Loss.

vs. Dolphins = Win.

@ Houston = Win. 

vs. Eagles = Win.

vs. Saints = Win (no Drew Brees).

@ Miami = Win.

vs. Jagusrs = Win.

vs. Buccaneers = Loss. 

@ Buffalo = Win. 

13-4

I love our schedule this year because of not many elite QBs and something magical is going to happen under Coach Robert Saleh. I just feel it. Zach Wilson is going to ball out of control as a Rookie and we go 5-1 within the division. 

AFC East Champions for the 1st time since 1998/2002.

• Haha 1