• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any scenario of keeping Darnold over Wilson would be a disaster. Wilson already looks more advanced than Darnold.

Two of the biggest prospects that sat out the last year are looking bad so far which is not a big surprise to me.  (Sewel and Chase)

Doesn’t really post, but he still comes back to give up-arrow rep when someone says the Jets suck or will suck or they drafted the wrong player(s). He’ll post here again when Sewell pancakes some

Posted Images

I believed that AVT was the best OL in this past draft. That’s why I had no issue with the Jets going up to get him. Not that I am this great talent evaluator.

PFF kept saying that Sewell was a generational talent. How can you say that when he chose not to play last year and the tape you have is from ‘19. Granted he is switching position, and this should be a development year

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

OK I realize Darnold is a veteran, but no one can realistically say he has been a good one. He is getting less reps in preseason than Brady. It makes no sense. Also his one pass was sort of pathetic triple clutching to a wide open receiver.

I was just joking but why was he only in for one drive?  Is he so good that he doesnt need the reps?  I have no idea why but we're getting to see another move some complained about after the fact when they would post that we could have had Rhule.  Maybe Rhule is a genius by using Sam the way he is and maybe Sam responds by becoming a much better QB than the 34th ranked QB.

Seriously have my doubts though

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Any scenario of keeping Darnold over Wilson would be a disaster. Wilson already looks more advanced than Darnold.

Where are all the keep Darnold fans? Let’s bring em out and ban em for a week!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Why do people jump to conclusions after a couple of practice games? Yes, we know. Rookies struggle.  They may not get it for awhile 

His green and white scrimmage performance  was a national news story that got to Cowherd somehow. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Why do people jump to conclusions after a couple of practice games? Yes, we know. Rookies struggle.  They may not get it for awhile 

Why do some have to come on to tell people that the great game their players had occurred in a a couple of practice games?  

6 hours ago, HtownJet said:

Many anointed him as a generational talent. Yeah it’s very early, but he has struggled in camp and 2 games as a RT which may not be his natural position. I recall one of the pre draft arguments…keep Darnold, draft Sewell and play him at LT, move Becton to RT. What a disaster that could have been.

I too like to write off players after only two partial preseason games in their first years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'm guilty as charged. 

After losing out on Trevor Lawrence I felt hopeless as a Jets fan and created a thread asking to draft Penei Sewell. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgXRQ5YQJOye4wYSU_6vJ

Because Zach Wilson is everything I could've ever wanted Trevor Lawrence to become (Zach Wilson is just, better). 

It's still criminal how Cincinnati passes on Penei Sewell for a WR (Chase) because a WR isn't what damn near ruined the career of Joe Burrow during his Rookie season; getting destroyed from his blindside (left side of his O-Line) was. 

image.thumb.png.163d51805cbfb7cec74ae564fdbd4b93.png

Cincinnati taking Chase and passing on Sewell was and is criminal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
1 hour ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Maybe Sewell will ball out at RT. However, I question the Lions pick when they already have a good LT. No matter how talented, Sewell is a rookie learning a new position with no muscle memory for RT.

That, and he hasn't played football in a year.

Some of these guys just sitting out a year and then coming out for the draft, you don't really know what it does to their developement.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I don’t disagree.

But the idea of keeping Darnold, passing on a QB at 2, drafting Sewell (even after a trade down) was beyond illogically. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm guilty as charged. 

After losing out on Trevor Lawrence I felt hopeless as a Jets fan and created a thread asking to draft Penei Sewell. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgXRQ5YQJOye4wYSU_6vJ

Because Zach Wilson is everything I could've ever wanted Trevor Lawrence to become (Zach Wilson is just, better). 

It's still criminal how Cincinnati passes on Penei Sewell for a WR (Chase) because a WR isn't what damn near ruined the career of Joe Burrow during his Rookie season; getting destroyed from his blindside (left side of his O-Line) was. 

image.thumb.png.163d51805cbfb7cec74ae564fdbd4b93.png

Cincinnati taking Chase and passing on Sewell was and is criminal.  

Joe Douglas is continuing to pour resources into the OLine here and yet we're still not near perfect and need to do better.  I think he learned a big lesson the past two years about supporting a young QB and the offense.  Since he got here he stepped up by signing McGovern, Fant, GVR and drafting Becton.  Then took it further this year by drafting AVT and signing Moses.  I think he adds yet another OLineman next year with something like a Day 2 pick (Rounds 2-3), probably a RG, but possibly a Center or RT.

The pain that teams (and their fanbases!) endure to end up with a 1st or 2nd overall pick is immense.  But when it yields prospects like Burrow, Lawrence, Wilson, etc. you absolutely HAVE TO do whatever it takes to protect them.  Overspend if you must, but protect that golden egg.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Sewell is only 20 years old and has only started 18 college games. 

Always thought the hype on him was over the top. I am sure he will have a great career, but he’s not Orlando Pace day 1 hall of fame type. 

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Premature victory laps always end well for Jets

We can dwell on the future or on the past. There isn't enough good past to dwell on so it we Homer it up a bit. It is only natural. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, yvj said:

We can dwell on the future or on the past. There isn't enough good past to dwell on so it we Homer it up a bit. It is only natural. 

Fair enough but I’m tired of this movie.

• Upvote 1
On 8/23/2021 at 4:00 AM, Salehery said:

Sewell is only 20 years old and has only started 18 college games. 

Always thought the hype on him was over the top. I am sure he will have a great career, but he’s not Orlando Pace day 1 hall of fame type. 

He will rate out better than Becton this year. @Philc1

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, KINGDIRK said:

Where are all the keep Darnold fans? Let’s bring em out and ban em for a week!

I would have kept darnold and traded the pick and got harris and pitts and would still do that.  We still have no running backs and our tight ends are trash-Joe staked his career on the wilson pick I hope for him and the jets it works out -the draft last year looks worse every single day that goes by-

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
11 hours ago, kmnj said:

I would have kept darnold and traded the pick and got harris and pitts and would still do that.  We still have no running backs and our tight ends are trash-Joe staked his career on the wilson pick I hope for him and the jets it works out -the draft last year looks worse every single day that goes by-

You're about to see what Darnold can do with an all-world RB as his backfield mate

tumblr_mlkb2nnvaS1s917bwo1_400.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, Claymation said:

I believed that AVT was the best OL in this past draft. That’s why I had no issue with the Jets going up to get him. Not that I am this great talent evaluator.

PFF kept saying that Sewell was a generational talent. How can you say that when he chose not to play last year and the tape you have is from ‘19. Granted he is switching position, and this should be a development year

Chris Simms and Daniel Jeremiah both had him below 1 and not as any type of generational. I think Simms even suggested he start at guard and move to tackle later on. Specifically he called out things like balance issues at times.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1