The Struggles of Penei Sewell

HtownJet

On 8/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, Dcat said:

It's not feelings but outrageous, unsupported contentions and false data related to teams' cap spending.  Completely false data mind you.  I demonstrated that in a post, without any response from him.   Blames everything on Jets owner being cheap essentially and that is incorrect in my opinion and I challenge him on that one issue every time he brings it up. Because he's wrong about it.

Bingo.  You throw data back at him re the cap and he just ignores it. 

he hates the owner and it clouds his thinking on that topic of spending 

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2021 at 2:24 AM, HtownJet said:

Many anointed him as a generational talent. Yeah it’s very early, but he has struggled in camp and 2 games as a RT which may not be his natural position. I recall one of the pre draft arguments…keep Darnold, draft Sewell and play him at LT, move Becton to RT. What a disaster that could have been.

I'm late to this thread but this is exactly why you don't just assume you can move guys around on the offensive line and it's also why guys who do have competent position flexibility are very imperative to a team. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/22/2021 at 2:42 AM, Beerfish said:

Two of the biggest prospects that sat out the last year are looking bad so far which is not a big surprise to me.  (Sewel and Chase)

Right. It's clearly having an impact on their transition to the NFL.  It doesn't help that Detroit is asking him to play a position with the exact opposite technique that he dominated with.  Detroit man.  Take a dominant LT talent and make him learn something new lol 

He will be fine ultimately but still. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. It's clearly having an impact on their transition to the NFL.  It doesn't help that Detroit is asking him to play a position with the exact opposite technique that he dominated with.  Detroit man.  Take a dominant LT talent and make him learn something new lol 

True but that’s exactly what done people wanted to do here with Becton. Switch Becton to right. May have been better, may have not. I like the choice we made. Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you, 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gimme 2 #1's and Sewell for Maye and Morgan. JD the master trader.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jgb said:

I see the point. I think it’s more simple than that. Everyone grieves in their own way. Bit’s attitude about the team is a self defense mechanism against further heartache. I do the same. I keep my expectations gutter low for this team. One day — hopefully, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Sure beats wildly vacillating from extreme disillusionment and the shattered hull of hope at the end of one season to unmitigated optimism after the draft for the next season. This team needs to earn it from some of us, at this point.

I prefer to be unreasonably optimistic all offseason then shut down emotionally by week 3. 

Why spend time here otherwise? 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Don’t know the circumstances of his absence. But so what if he’s skeptical of Wilson? He might be right, you know. And even if he is not, it’s a valid opinion of a Jets fan to have.

As I said no problem with his opinions.  When I didn’t agree I countered.  I think that’s how this works.  If you have strong opinions and disappear when they look wrong I think it’s weak.  Everyone has opinions and everyone is wrong.  No need to go into hiding.  I have no issue with Bit.  

43 minutes ago, jgb said:

And are you his Ex wife?

It's always weird to me when obscure posters with no discernible characteristics and relatively small post counts jump in on specific members.  NYJets8 and his 317 posts apparently has strong feelings about Bit.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 8/22/2021 at 2:24 AM, HtownJet said:

Many anointed him as a generational talent. Yeah it’s very early, but he has struggled in camp and 2 games as a RT which may not be his natural position. I recall one of the pre draft arguments…keep Darnold, draft Sewell and play him at LT, move Becton to RT. What a disaster that could have been.

I didn't  know he was playing RT. Another argument  was he would refuse to play anywhere but LT due to salary 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:54 AM, Jet Nut said:

I was just joking but why was he only in for one drive?  Is he so good that he doesnt need the reps?  I have no idea why but we're getting to see another move some complained about after the fact when they would post that we could have had Rhule.  Maybe Rhule is a genius by using Sam the way he is and maybe Sam responds by becoming a much better QB than the 34th ranked QB.

Seriously have my doubts though

Preseason is not for getting players reps to get ready for real games. That is what practice is for. Preseason is for evaluating players. Chances are Carolina knows what they have in Darnold and just wanted to take a look at him doing certain things. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Preseason is not for getting players reps to get ready for real games. That is what practice is for. Preseason is for evaluating players. Chances are Carolina knows what they have in Darnold and just wanted to take a look at him doing certain things. 

Its also to see what Sam can do and cant do in games.  Its to evaluate a new players added to the roster and to Rhule, Sam and his game with live bullets I would think

On 8/28/2021 at 11:36 PM, jgb said:

Don’t know the circumstances of his absence. But so what if he’s skeptical of Wilson? He might be right, you know. And even if he is not, it’s a valid opinion of a Jets fan to have.

Thats fine, he can be skeptical of Wilson, he can question the Jets taking him over someone he likes more than Wilson.  But to put down a countless number of posts saying he'll never make it through a season, to go on and on that Wilson isnt even 6" to make his point, to joke about him breaking into, rooting for injury is low rent as was the constant complaining, make that whining about the Johnsons being cheap and then ignoring the numbers that are easy to find or twisting them into something they arent

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its also to see what Sam can do and cant do in games.  Its to evaluate a new players added to the roster and to Rhule, Sam and his game with live bullets I would think

Agreed.  This idea that Sam needs to play a lot is nonsense. He isn't a rookie. Carolina has plenty of film on Darnold

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, The Crusher said:

True but that’s exactly what done people wanted to do here with Becton. Switch Becton to right. May have been better, may have not. I like the choice we made. Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you, 

That goes back to the 2020 draft too.  The top 4 top T's saw 2 RT being projected to the Left side. When we were on the board I thought for sure we were going to grab Wirfs and try to move him over which I felt strongly would be a difficult transition.  Jets fans would have hated him by week 8. lol.

BUST!!!!   lol 

I'm very happy we took a LT and kept him at LT.   Sure it works sometimes, but the NY Jets to need to be creative in making things more difficult for ourselves.  We have hurdles in bunches organically. 

Thats what we're seeing in Detroit right now.  Seems fun and all but I think I'd rather go at it this way. 😄

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 2:30 PM, Jet Nut said:

Thats fine, he can be skeptical of Wilson, he can question the Jets taking him over someone he likes more than Wilson.  But to put down a countless number of posts saying he'll never make it through a season, to go on and on that Wilson isnt 6" whatever to make his point, to joke about him breaking, rooting for injury is low rent as was the constant complaining, make that whining about the Johnsons being cheap and then ignoring the numbers that are easy to find or twisting them into something else

Sounds an awful lot like sour grapes and killing the messenger syndrome.

Don’t see the same butt hurt when homers take emotional positions and obstinately refuse to face the facts.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Sounds an awful lot like sour grapes and killing the messenger syndrome.

Don’t see the same butt hurt when homers take emotional positions and obstinately refuse to face the facts.

Sounds nothing like sour grapes or killing the messenger.  How can anyone one a "messenger" when the messenger is their twisted opinion and when some of us used actual numbers to shoot down his wild accusations.  Sounds like youre the one who suffers from the above

Do you monitor all my posts, because youre doing one hell of a bad job if you are.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

WHEREAS the poster formerly known as Matthew Bitonti (heretofor known as the "Grump") has sold all past and future likenesses, anecdotes, jokes, opinions, daydreams and wishes to the JetBlue Airways Corporation (heretofor known as "Big Daddy"). He is not a poster on JN. He is a  fully owned corporate subsidiary, existing only for marketing and promotion of various Big Daddy interests.

Does the Grump have opinions on Penei Sewell's preseason? No. People have opinions. The Grump is not a person. He doesn't exist anymore in temporal human form. Therefore he cannot have opinions anymore, other than those expressly dictated to him, through Big Daddy. 

So with that, let's take this brief moment to remind everyone that JetBlue Airways just started flying between New York and London with flights boasting a brand-new Mint business class cabin! Hot damn! A total of 24 seats are offered with all offering direct aisle access and incredible amounts of privacy and entertainment. 

It's low cost transatlantic luxury. And that's good news for everyone. 

Traveling On My Way GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611669981918c6054ef76

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sounds nothing like sour grapes or killing the messenger.  How can anyone one a "messenger" when the messenger is their twisted opinion and when some of us used actual numbers to shoot down his wild accusations.  Sounds like youre the one who suffers from the above

Do you monitor all my posts, because youre doing one hell of a bad job if you are.

Huh? @Mogglez come get your pop. He’s wandering around the produce section yelling at the lettuce, again.

• 2 weeks later...