Was Tony Romo Wrong About Zach Wilson......

10 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

You are very excited about Zach. I am too .... don't get ahead of yourself though your already turning him into a mythical beast 2 preseason  games in. 

He also called Wilson a spoiled brat. 

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Based off of just God given talent alone?

• Zach Wilson has an Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes type of A+ arm (you can't deny it).

• Chad Pennington type of pin point accuracy. 

• Dan Marino's quick release.  

You can not teach this type of sh*t. 

It's up to Zach Wilson to develop mentally and that still remains to be seen but he's an insane QB prospect and I'm ashamed of myself for ever wanting Trevor Lawrence over this kid. 

So he’s… the Lawrence Taylor of QB’s?

10 hours ago, fastmover said:

That isn’t true at all,  Marino was very smart and very good as a rookie.  Started the 6th game of the 83 season and never looked back.  Pro bowl as a rookie,  had the lowest interception ratio, led the conference in passing, 96 passer rating. 
In 84 he set the records for most td’s thrown in a season which Manning passed in 04, and most passing yards which Breese passed in 11.   
Dan Marino was smart and knew what he was doing, that’s damn good for a QB’s first season and a half as a starter! 

If Zack studies like they say he does, like Marino did, with Zack’s quick release like Marino, I think it may be a good comparison. 

Semper Fi

Marino was great because he was a gunslinger who chucked the ball down the field.  As a rookie he was 4th in the league in Average yards per pass.  In his second year he was No. 1.

Marino let it fly.  He wasn't controlled or managed.  He was a pure passing machine.

Zach is a control freak and NFL OC's today are control freaks.  Zach has that natural arm talent that Marino had.  He has great natural feel for the game.  

Today's NFL where the money is really big and coaches have micro managed the game away from the players I just hope Zach has the independence and the little kid in him that allows him to embrace the gunslinger that's part of all the great NFL QB's.  

You look at guys like Rodgers, Wilson and Watson before the scandal, they were all fighting against the machine of the coaching staffs and they were all under attack by the establishment of the team.  Thet're great because they are gunslingers and have that creative ability that normal people don't have.  Even Brady after years of being the GOAT under BB had enough.  

It's a game, it's fun and you're suppossed to chuck the ball down the field and make plays if you're a great QB.