Giants/ Browns and other pre season games 8/22

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Hes got this game down, inside and out, doesnt need practice.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

I find it crazy that he has not played and that Darnald has barely (1 for 2 passing 16 yards) 

Especially with the hurricane/ tropical storm in the Northeast, i was looking forward to watching/evaluating after and such an impressive showing from Zach yesterday 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Teams, including the Giants have decided to use game 3 as the tuneup to week 1 and to the season.

On a positive note, Daniel Jones hasnt turned the ball over through two games, a record for him

It goes totally against the notion that reps are so important to individual and team success. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I find it crazy that he has not played and that Darnald has barely (1 for 2 passing 16 yards) 

Especially with the hurricane/ tropical storm in the Northeast, i was looking forward to watching/evaluating after and such an impressive showing from Zach yesterday 

Seems like a whole lot of teams are going this route with the 3 game preseason.  Sit out games 1 & 2 and then play deep into week 3.  

15 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

It goes totally against the notion that reps are so important to individual and team success. 

Might be a result of last season -- where there were no preseason games.  Looking more and more like these games only mean something to either young teams learning to play together, or back of roster guys fighting for a spot.

Established veteran teams don't seem to need them anymore, although I am n ot sure I would call the Giants an established veteran team.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Might be a result of last season -- where there were no preseason games.  Looking more and more like these games only mean something to either young teams learning to play together, or back of roster guys fighting for a spot.

Established veteran teams don't seem to need them anymore, although I am n ot sure I would call the Giants an established veteran team.

Very interesting point

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who was that poster pimping Judge for running a tough camp?  Tough guy Judge and all

And who's Brian Lewerke?

Former Michigan State QB, Bounced around the bottom of a few rosters for a couple of years.  Giatns signed him last week after injury to Clayton Thorsen.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Giants fans thinking they could win the division when the WFT is better and the Cowboys whenever Dak returns are the real favorites in reality,.  

NY Giants fans are the most annoying every year they are winning it all. 

Once they start losing no one wears NY Giants gear and the fans go into hiding. 

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

No Daniel Jones?

Any information on this other than the Giants trying to avoid injury? 

I am surprised at the amount of starters who are not playing at all this pre season so far

Is it true that Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold have thrown a combined 2 passes thru 4 preseason games?

That seems like the kind of stuff you'd do with Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, not two QB who could both benefit from some reps.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Judge went for the win failed on the 2 point conversion now needs a TD to win this game. 

What a dumbass. 

Why?  It's preseason.  Should he have gone for the tie to practice an XP?  Note that I didn't watch the game but based on the circumstances you describe is it really a dumbass move?

• Upvote 1

What the NYG has done with Jones and CAR has done with Darnold makes
absolutely no sense.  Both have proven nothing yet they're being
treated like Mahomes, Brady & Rodgers.  How do shaky QB's get excused
from important pre-season reps??? 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, KRL said:

What the NYG has done with Jones and CAR has done with Darnold makes
absolutely no sense.  Both have proven nothing yet they're being
treated like Mahomes, Brady & Rodgers.  How do shaky QB's get excused
from important pre-season reps??? 

I dont agree with sitting any QB, but I can understand how a team could feel the need to protect such an important position.But most/all starting defense? It seems a bit much and big picture is so bad for the NFL 

Just now, Copernicus said:

INT on Lance's second possession. Over threw the Wr with way too much zip on the ball. Deflected off the Wr for an INT. 

I thought that was on the receiver.  Lance hit him in the hands.  Sanu has to catch that.