Per Schttps://forums.jetnation.com/topic/161170-per-schefter-jets-looking-to-acquire-a-pass-rusher/hefter Jets looking to acquire a pass rusher

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Do you think he would refuse to report and forfeit his salary if the Falcons traded him to a team in the northeast? I think that's the question you should ask him. 

And no. I won't ask him your stupid question because when we talk I ask him questions outside of Football we talk about life and family (outside of an occasional Jets joke) because he's a lot more than just a "football player" to me to me and our families and you do know that sports players have a life outside of "football", right?

And in 2019 he already answered you question by signing with a warm weather team in California and did the same thing in 2020 by signing with a warm weather team in GEORGIA ? but if he were traded which he won't be; he'll play.

Who's your source and where are you getting this false information from? 

Because Dante isn't being traded and he's not a backup either it's just heading into the offseason he got sick with covid. 

And once again who's your source telling you this?

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And no. I won't ask him your stupid question because when we talk I ask him questions outside of Football we talk about life and family (outside of an occasional Jets joke) because he's a lot more than just a "football player" to me to me and our families and you do know that sports players have a life outside of "football", right?

And in 2019 he already answered you question by signing with a warm weather team in California and did the same thing in 2020 by signing with a warm weather team in GEORGIA ? but if he were traded which he won't be; he'll play.

Because Dante isn't being traded and he's not a backup either it's just heading into the offseason he got sick with covid. 

fainley something to keep on if you know what im saying

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

My sources tell me Chandler Jones is very very interested in a trade to the Jets. I hope Joe Douglas can work a trade with Steve Keim. Getir done smokin' Joe!

It’s going to take at least a second to get Jones plus a contract extension and he’s 31 years old.  Not sure he’s worth it for where we are in our rebuild. 

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• Haha 3

So when this pass rusher coming? 
my top wish list.

danille hunter

probably cost a 1st + some. But he’s already a star with great sack totals plus no one in the draft will be close to his stats. 
#2 a

barnett eagles de 

2b

josh sweat eagles de

hope we get someone all 3 of these players are for now and future. 
come on JD make it happen.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:14 AM, Spoot-Face said:

All kidding aside, I vaguely recall that for the entire time Henry Anderson was here, people were saying that we were playing him out of position, and he's much better suited as a 4-3 DE, which we are now running. Someone smarter can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Backwards.  Hes a 3-4 DL, thats how we got him, Colts were switching to a 4-3 from their 3-4 and he wasnt a fit

I Know More Than You Season 4 GIF by Parks and Recreation??

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree.  He works for ESPN. The biggest hack network around these days. 

This is what he tweeted...

"After losing Carl Lawson to a season-ending torn Achilles, the Jets now are looking for ways to acquire a pass rusher to help fill the void, per sources. A trade before the season is being explored".

No knowledge of the situation and with no insight into it. None. None whatsoever.  

• No talk of 1st, 2nd rounders etc. 

• No mention of potential players/targets. 

"Per sources". 

He's trolling our fan base and only because he knows how starved we are for a pass rusher and how upset we are about Lawson's injury.  

Quoted for truth. 

He made that ESPN hack tweet on Sunday and it's now Thursday but yet still no trade for a pass rusher.  

It would've been different if he would've mentioned A.) Specific teams and B.) Specific players but C.) He didn't. 

You guys really think Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are going to inform ESPN hacks about upcoming trade leaks? 

And the "per sources" was a dead give away.

He wanted to troll a popular Jets fan base over Lawson's injury because he knows we're starving a Franchise Edge Rusher which is why he includes "per sources" without even mentioning his source as a way of saving face once the Jets DON'T trade for a pass rusher. 

And why weren't 10 other sources and talking heads tweeting these same trade rumors? Because he was trolling us from jump street.

Anyone who says they have a source but won't admit who their source is dosen't really have a source at all (it's called Twitter).

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Nothing earth shattering about Shefter post. Just common sense. Everyone in this board knows that when Lawson went down Jets were in market for a pass rusher. I mean dam 

Exactly and what makes it a hack report (fake) was that he mentioned no specific teams and no specific players and blamed his tweet on "per sources".

You would think that his "sources" could've at least provided him with some typs of insight consisting of real specifics etc but it didn't and when I texted Fowler about a potential trade he laughed at me for putting any stock into these liars ?

He was trolling our fan base from the moment he pressed tweet while also mushing our faces in Carl Lawson's injury. 

If the Jets were really leaking trade rumors it would've been tweeted by 50 different media hacks by now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly and what makes it a hack report (fake) was that he mentioned no specific teams and no specific players and blamed his tweet on "per sources".

You would think that his "sources" could've at least provided him with some typs of insight consisting of real specifics etc but it didn't and when I texted Fowler about a potential trade he laughed at me for putting any stock into these liars ?

He was trolling our fan base from the moment he pressed tweet while also mushing our faces in Carl Lawson's injury. 

If the Jets were really leaking trade rumors it would've been tweeted by 50 different media hacks by now. 

If you had any clue you would realize that "sources" are typically agents/players not organizations. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If you had any clue you would realize that "sources" are typically agents/players not organizations. 

Well his source wasn't able to provide him with any specific teams or specific players and now it's going on a week later with still no trade.  

It was a trollish hack job from jump street and I knew it from the very moment I read his tweet too. 

Because no information was provided.  None whatsoever.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well his source wasn't able to provide him with any specific teams or specific players and now it's going on a week later with still no trade.  

It was a trollish hack job from jump street and I knew it from the very moment I read his tweet too. 

Because no information was provided.  None whatsoever.  

Nobody provides that info though until a deal is close. It would be tampering

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

Nobody provides that info though until a deal is close. It would be tampering

Um. Do you even know what tampering means? ?

"What does legal tampering mean for the NFL? Per a league office memo sent to the clubs in March 2013, teams can enter talks with upcoming free agents within the window but are only allowed to outline the parameters of a potential contract and not make any official offers or host any player visits". 

There is no such thing as "tampering" when it comes to making TRADES dude. 

Guess you've never heard about teams officially putting players on the TRADE BLOCK? 

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

This is not correct. Teams cannot publicly disclosure trade interest unless the player has been given permission to seek a trade. 

Your little whiny rants about Schefter have no basis in reality. The guy is the most plugged in source in the league and doesn’t report BS for clicks. I know you’re butthurt over getting in tussle over Fowler, but that’s no reason to double down in stupidity.

It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities that the Jets were/are making calls about DEs, and haven’t found a deal they were comfortable with. Negotiating at a point of weakness usually means overpaying, something JD has not been prone to do.

He could've mentioned at least which teams the Jets were in "talks with". 

Dont you worry once JD doesn't trade for a DE (because Saleh believes in player development) I'll be the first to bump this thread as a reminder of who was right (me) and who was trolling our fan base (him).

And teams publicly put their own players on the TRADE BLOCK all the time ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

On 8/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've begged him since he was in HS to one day become a Jet but it's not happening he's a kid born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Florida who loves the south and loves being a couple hours away from his mom and dad and family etc and I've never asked him but I bet he doesn't like the COLD.

You realize a trade means the player gets no say right? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You realize a trade means the player gets no say right? 

You do realize he's been a FA multiple times and if wanted to sign with a warm weather team he could've, right?

And Fowler won't be traded from Atlanta. 100% won't be traded. 

Just know that JD won't be making any DE trades because coach Saleh doesn't go into panic mode over injuries. 

Which pass rusher did San Fransisco trade for after Nick Bosa went down? 

I'm done with this hack thread. Just know I'll bump it once the season begins to discuss "per sources".

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dont you worry once JD doesn't trade for a DE (because Saleh believes in player development) I'll be the first to bump this thread as a reminder of who was right (me) and who was trolling our fan base (him).

You’ve become so annoying.  Nobody cares if you’re right or wrong. They care that you learn how to share your thoughts more succinctly and less often.

This is JetNation.com, not DWC.com. 

With all of this free time of yours, maybe you should start your own website or YouTube channel, so can measure the number of people who care about your thoughts, instead of bumping threads to “remind” people of the one time you’re not wrong.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You’ve become so annoying.  Nobody cares if you’re right or wrong. They care that you learn how to share your thoughts more succinctly and less often.

This is JetNation.com, not DWC.com. 

With all of this free time of yours, maybe you should start your own website or YouTube channel, so can measure the number of people who care about your thoughts, instead of bumping threads to “remind” people of the one time you’re not wrong.   

I just feel strongly that this was a hack tweet while trolling our fan base and mushing the Carl Lawson injury in our face and I knew what he was doing from day one.