Over/Under 6 1/2 wins for the Jets this year?

Jets Win Total in ‘21  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under 6 1/2

• OVER 6 1/2
    • UNDER 6 1/2

Like the title says… Over or Under 6 1/2 wins this year for the NYJ.
Offense is looking improved, the defense is very young. New HC and CS, along with what looks like a promising rookie QB.
The schedule seems favorable, but in the NFL, looking ahead with the schedule can be fools gold. What looks a gimme might end up difficult, and vice versa. Because of that, I’m going to look at our schedule this way…

9 home games

1 neutral site

7 road games

Cast a vote and let us know why you went the way you did…

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

6.5 is tough because I view us as a 6 to 7 win team. I’ll take the under. 6-11 seems about right for us. 

This.

It’s not a good bet either way.  The Jets starting groups have enough talent to go 8-9 if a few things break their way.  But their glaring lack of depth and propensity for injuries during a 17 game season could easily drop them to 5-12 or worse.

The AFCE opponents have good defenses and good coaches.  

• Upvote 2

#1, it's hard because so many young players on offense are hurt/ barely playing.

#2, JD spent a lot of resources on the O, adding a WR in FA, draft picks, O lineman via premium picks.  All of this I agree with.  Consequently, the defense is going to be awful, and they have lost premium defensive players already.

#3. NE will be better again, the Bills are a good football team, and I think Miami is going to be a good football team, meaning we go 1-5 in the division at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This.

It’s not a good bet either way.  The Jets starting groups have enough talent to go 8-9 if a few things break their way.  But their glaring lack of depth and propensity for injuries during a 17 game season could easily drop them to 5-12 or worse.

The AFCE opponents have good defenses and good coaches.  

Sounds like I picked the perfect number…

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We will see flashes of brilliance from ZW - but they're just too young and too new to the systems -  and will have to learn how to win. 

This is a team that can win 5 games this year and 12 next...

I'm not seeing a problem learning the system.  ZW hasnt had a 3 and out yet on his resume, seems to know the system along with the other youngsters learning thier first NFL system

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Good to hear they’re teaching our kids how to win.
I know it’s a copy cat league, but hopefully other CS’s haven’t noticed. We don’t want them doing the same thing with their teams.

Kind of missed the point by a mile

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

5 or 6 wins feels about right.  Maybe 7 if things go very right.

Since it’s 6 1/2, and we’re the Jets, I voted under.

6-13 is a very real possibility.

Ouch, the Jets get two penalty losses! 

I voted the over because there wasn’t the option I’m actually taking (don’t bet!), but also because I’m thinking 7-10. My homeristic tendencies displaying themselves. :) 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I bet heavy on over 6 wins a few hours before Lawson done his achilles. I blame myself.

Good luck!

Don’t sweat it. I don’t think the loss of one defensive guy will affect your bet, even Lawson. How many games did the Bengals win with him the last few years? With defense it’s about how they play as a unit. 
I think @johnnysd nailed it when he said it’s all about the QB. If Zach plays well he can steal us a couple of wins…

I had always thought based on the major roster purge that JD made that this team was a 7-10 team. Still pretty much a sh*t team, but worlds better than 2-14. I thought the addition of Morgan Moses had the potential to make us 8-9. Now, with the loss of Lawson and potentially some period of time without Jarred Davis, I'm beginning to think 7-10 would be most accurate.....

• Sympathy 1