Your Favorite NFL Football Shows growing up?

42 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm going to get into watching both  NFL Primetime with Chris Berman (no more Tom Jackson but Chris Berman is still amazing) and Inside The NFL Again. 

Check out this video still the same music too I didn't even know this show was still around!

It came back in 2019 with Boomer and TJ, it was glorious….and then they replaced TJ last year with Booger McFarland.  It’s only a a streaming show now so you need ESPN+ to watch. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

It came back in 2019 with Boomer and TJ, it was glorious….and then they replaced TJ last year with Booger McFarland.  It’s only a a streaming show now so you need ESPN+ to watch. 

Damn right now I have Spectrum which doesn't have ESPN+ available for purchase and then come week 1 I always switch to Direct TV for NFL Sunday ticket which I don't think has ESPN + either. 

Do you know if NFL Primetime is up and running during the preseason or just regular season? 

I'm going to stream it every week.

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Damn right now I have Spectrum which doesn't have ESPN+ available for purchase and then come week 1 I always switch to Direct TV for NFL Sunday ticket which I don't think has ESPN + either. 

Do you know if NFL Primetime is up and running during the preseason or just regular season? 

I'm going to stream it every week.

I think just regular season and playoffs.  

• Post of the Week 1

NFL Primetime with Boomer and TJ.
A buddy of mine in college had all the songs they used during the highlights on a CD, we used to listen to them while playing drinking games. Good times.

Don’t know if this is funny or sick. But me and my wife’s walk out music in our reception Was sooo close to being that da da da da dun da dun da, da da da da da da dun. You know the rest

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, jetsons said:

NFL Films.... Ed Sabol, Steve Sabol & Narrated by the Legendary John Facenda.

sJES6h1qE3RqWgOVDd9HMzQELEClDl5p3ou-7U4UjDpp_nJwkiyMT6WrhdGleTh_KuUdAca8N79UizZS8jhSoIfuCCRtOZJaHf8=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

My favorite was an NFL films ranking the all time running backs. I believe O.J. Simpson was number two or number three. His film had this great part where they showed OJ struggling in his first 3 seasons. John Facenda concluded the brutal highlights saying.people were saying that OJ was just another heisman   Bust. Then a pause and only in the way Facenda could do it he says…..

“But in 1972 Lou Saban was named coach of the Buffalo Bills. And in 1972 Lou Saban gave OJ Simpson an offensive line. And OJ gave the world one Heckuva running back”.   Cue the triumphant music and OJ running over, around and away from any would be tackler.  

Inside the NFL before Marino. I remember waiting with anticipation to see if the Jets would be getting enough respect to have their highlights included. 

Wow, haven't thought about the George Michael sports machine in so long. That was a great one. 

Not TV, but late night Beningo openings on wfan, especially the epic rants were something to behold and cathartic as ****

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My favorite was an NFL films ranking the all time running backs. I believe O.J. Simpson was number two or number three. His film had this great part where they showed OJ struggling in his first 3 seasons. John Facenda concluded the brutal highlights saying.people were saying that OJ was just another heisman   Bust. Then a pause and only in the way Facenda could do it he says…..

“But in 1972 Lou Saban was named coach of the Buffalo Bills. And in 1972 Lou Saban gave OJ Simpson an offensive line. And OJ gave the world one Heckuva running back”.   Cue the triumphant music and OJ running over, around and away from any would be tackler.  

21:28 mark...

On 8/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, Big Snell said:

Gonna give away my age here. I used to duck out of 5 o'clock mass after communion on Saturdays so I could run home and watch This Week In Pro Football with Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshire. There are still a ton of episodes from the 70's that you could watch on YouTube.

Me too. That was my absolute fave.