Sabo on Zach Wilson vs Green Bay

jetsons

Orlovsky was great.  The other host has his head jammed so far up his a&& in terms of tying this year's team to the Gase years and was so willing to display his idiocy to the world I have to just shake my head at how some people get air time at all.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

It will be a a lot of fun until we only reach 7 wins and we have to put the billboards up. 

DecisivePoisedHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.g

Considering that we now know that Saleh has a quarterback infinitely better than Sam Darnold 2019, 8 wins is in the bag.  And if it's not, billboard time.  They went up at 0-4 for the other guy.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Considering that we now know that Saleh has a quarterback infinitely better than Sam Darnold 2019, 8 wins is in the bag.  And if it's not, billboard time.  They went up at 0-4 for the other guy.

SAR I

I’d love to agree with you SAR but Saleh’s defense is predicated on QB pressure to save the secondary (especially one as inexperienced as ours). Without the pressure from Lawson, I’m not sure how this D will survive. They haven’t had a legit pass rusher in forever and put all the eggs in the Lawson basket. They need to really focus on and draft pass rushers to complete this rebuild.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I still cant believe we waited 4 games.  Thats my biggest regret.  Should have went up the night he was hired.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I’d love to agree with you SAR but Saleh’s defense is predicated on QB pressure to save the secondary (especially one as inexperienced as ours). Without the pressure from Lawson, I’m not sure how this D will survive. They haven’t had a legit pass rusher in forever and put all the eggs in the Lawson basket. They need to really focus on and draft pass rushers to complete this rebuild.

Look at the starters missing in the 2019 season and the third stringers who took their place and tell me Saleh doesn’t have it easier.  

This year’s schedule is easy.  We already have a QB better than Simean, Falk, and Darnold combined. 

8 wins or the billboards go up and the planes fly.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Claymation said:

At the 46 second mark, great stuff about Zach.

At the 2:00 mark Zach actually looks right then left then middle to Kroft... he looked at 2 others before throwing to Kroft... Kroft was his 3rd read not 2nd as Orlovsky states.... you can get a better view from the goal post camera angle.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

Orlovsky was great.  The other host has his head jammed so far up his a&& in terms of tying this year's team to the Gase years and was so willing to display his idiocy to the world I have to just shake my head at how some people get air time at all.

He doesn’t like what the Jets are doing because of “bad management and coaching “ and because the Bills and Pats are good…

1. they have a first year coach and a newish GM

2. I guess the Jets shouldn’t even try to build a roster because the division is good 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Did the loss of Darnold and the loss of Moseley count as anything when the billboards went up and the planes started flying on the first year head coach?

SAR I

Yeah but it seems Saleh had an actual plan. He went young and inexperienced in the secondary hoping the pass rush and defensive line would hide early season struggles. Least it seems that way to me. Gase never really seemed like he had any kind of plan, except get that  big payday. He executed that perfectly. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but it seems Saleh had an actual plan. He went young and inexperienced in the secondary hoping the pass rush and defensive line would hide early season struggles. Least it seems that way to me. Gase never really seemed like he had any kind of plan, except get that  big payday. He executed that perfectly. 

What you are saying is that Saleh’s strategy may fail. That is no different than Douglas’ strategy in 2020 which failed or Gase’s strategy in 2019 that failed.

Maybe Saleh should not have installed such a high risk defense on a roster this shallow.  Maybe that’s a huge mistake. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What you are saying is that Saleh’s strategy may fail. That is no different than Douglas’ strategy in 2020 which failed or Gase’s strategy in 2019 that failed.

Maybe Saleh should not have installed such a high risk defense on a roster this shallow.  Maybe that’s a huge mistake. 

SAR I

I think with only one draft he had to choose to fix some things and wing it with others. Obviously they chose to lift Zach up with heavy dose of offensive playmakers and line help. Think the D line and pass rush seemed like a quicker if not more likely to help the secondary than trying to bolster a very depleted of not wasteland of a secondary. Certainly a lot of pick and pray picks in the late round for the secondary, not sure you can really criticize that though. What else to do with a single draft? Seem to be pretty good idea till the injury bug. But that’s the NFL I guess