Saleh: Jarrad Davis likely out until Bye Week (Week 6)

Lith

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Jet nut and DWC doing jet nut and DWC things.

Again.

It’s gotten to a point where most threads are unreadable, unless you want to read non stop arguing over minutia, and the usual DWC nonsense.

@genot you’re a better man than me for dealing with it.

It's frustrating. I stated an opinion about the Jet's run defense being suspect. Didn't say it was, but could be. And those two guys are upset and want to argue. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You don't even freaking WATCH FSU games. Just ok during his last game?!? He was a BEAST who recorded 9 tackles (1 for loss), a pass defensed and a 20+ yard INT return during his final game of the season and during his int return I woke my daughter up from her nap screaming at my TV GO NAS GO HE'S BACCCKKKK

Just OK? He fkn FEASTED during his 2nd game back which lets me know you didn't really watch the game.

And if you actually watched any FSU FOOTBALL you'd also know he played a lot of LB in the box similar to how Jamal Adams does for Seattle.  

Seasons of 91 tackles and 101 tackles? Not even Jamal Adams @ LSU flew to the ball and made tackles quite like Hamsah Nasirildeen did for FSU.

And as a Rookie he's going to record 100+ tackles because 5-6 tackles is nothingness to this beast. 

ACL is the only reason why he fell out of the 1st round. 

STICK TO WATCHING IOWA GAMES BECAUSE I'VE NEVER MISSED A SINGLE HAMSAH NASRILDEEN GAME. 

I don’t like Iowa. 

I watched Hamsah’s two games back from injury. He was okay. The interception was a tipped ball (maybe). He also played Duke. 

Blake Cashman had 100+ tackles for a season in college. 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t like Iowa. 

I watched Hamsah’s two games back from injury. He was okay. The interception was a tipped ball (maybe). He also played Duke. 

Blake Cashman had 100+ tackles for a season in college. 

You did not watch his final game. 

Because if you did you would know his 9 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 INT (20+ yard return) and a pass defended was straight up beast mode from Hamsah Nasirildeen.  

And who cares if it were against Duke? Duke is an ACC Football team playing my FSU team who stunk.  

And his INT return was tipped. Which makes it even more impressive. Because it shows how he's ALWAYS around the ball.

Blake Cashman never recorded 100 tackles in the NFL and thats something Hamsah Nasirildeen will do as a Rookie. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You did not watch his final game. 

Because if you did you would know his 9 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 INT (20+ yard return) and a pass defended was straight up beast mode from Hamsah Nasirildeen.  

And who cares if it were against Duke? Duke is an ACC Football team playing my FSU team who stunk.  

And his INT return was tipped. Which makes it even more impressive. Because it shows how he's ALWAYS around the ball.

Blake Cashman never recorded 100 tackles in the NFL and thats something Hamsah Nasirildeen will do as a Rookie. 

Okay. It’s not more impressive. It’s opportunistic. 

He had 4 picks and 9 PDs in his entire college career. He played safety. He’s transitioning to LB because his coverage and ball skills are not his strength. 

I expect him to be better than Cashman. 

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Okay. It’s not more impressive. It’s opportunistic. 

He had 4 picks and 9 PDs in his entire college career. He played safety. He’s transitioning to LB because his coverage and ball skills are not his strength. 

I expect him to be better than Cashman. 

He was actually very good in pass coverage at FSU and I know. Because I watched every game of his. 

But he's actually moving to LB because he's a tackling machine once closer to the LOS and @ 4-3 OLB you can not play the position without really good coverage ability; and Robert Saleh is no idiot. 

One of his INTs came against Trevor Lawrence.  He's really good in pass coverage. Which is why he also played a lot of CB and FS too and not just "SS" as you've already wrongfully assumed. 

He actually played 42% of snaps at FS. More than any other position but you wouldn't know that unless you actually watched him play.

Here is a breakdown of his snap distribution in 2019:

Free safety: 42.3% of defensive snaps

Strong safety: 21.2%

Slot cornerback: 17.7%

Inside linebacker: 12.8%

Outside linebacker: 5.3%

Outside cornerback: 0.7%

I'm done talking to you about Hamsah Nasirildeen because you've made it obvious you never really watched him play outside of 1 or 2 games (if that).

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He was actually very good in pass coverage at FSU and I know. Because I watched every game of his. 

But he's actually moving to LB because he's a tackling machine once closer to the LOS and @ 4-3 OLB you can not play the position without really good coverage ability; and Robert Saleh is no idiot. 

One of his INTs came against Trevor Lawrence.  He's really good in pass coverage. Which is why he also played a lot of CB and FS too and not just "SS" as you've already wrongfully assumed. 

I'm done talking to you about Hamsah Nasirildeen because you've made it obvious you never really watched him play outside of 1 or 2 games (if that).

1000008627_Annex-KarloffBoris(AbbottandCostelloMeetDr.JekyllandMr.Hyde)_01.thumb.jpg.c95de7bdfa8152f83ef7f841fe78fe17.jpg

4 minutes ago, genot said:

1000008627_Annex-KarloffBoris(AbbottandCostelloMeetDr.JekyllandMr.Hyde)_01.thumb.jpg.c95de7bdfa8152f83ef7f841fe78fe17.jpg

• Free safety: 42.3% of defensive snaps
  • Strong safety: 21.2%
  • Slot cornerback: 17.7%
  • Inside linebacker: 12.8%
  • Outside linebacker: 5.3%
  • Outside cornerback: 0.7%

People who know nothing about Hamsah Nasirildeen assume he only played "SS AND LB" when he was actually a beast at FS in coverage and will become a freak at 4-3 LB in coverage too.

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• Free safety: 42.3% of defensive snaps
  • Strong safety: 21.2%
  • Slot cornerback: 17.7%
  • Inside linebacker: 12.8%
  • Outside linebacker: 5.3%
  • Outside cornerback: 0.7%

People who know nothing about Hamsah Nasirildeen assume he only played "SS AND LB" when he was actually a beast at FS in coverage and will become a freak at 4-3 LB in coverage too.

Will you stop overselling everything. Jeez. You could have made a fortune selling shark cartilage as a sure fire cure for cancer.

41 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He actually played 42% of snaps at FS. More than any other position but you wouldn't know that unless you actually watched him play.

Free safety: 42.3% of defensive snaps

Strong safety: 21.2%

Slot cornerback: 17.7%

Inside linebacker: 12.8%

Outside linebacker: 5.3%

Outside cornerback: 0.7%

I actually did know that. I called him a safety. It actually makes his ball production seem worse when you have him a position of ball production. His Int against Lawrence was on a scramble drill with Lawrence making a terrible decision right at Nasirildeen after being inches away from the sideline. 

My claim is that the reason why Hamsah was moved to LB is because he’s deficient in the things a safety needs at the next level. His athletic profile, senior bowl struggles, and lack of ball production makes that all clear. I think he’s better than Sherwood, I think he was a steal in round 6. He’s still light for LB and will struggle with the nuances of the game. 

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

See, by this logic, we should have kept Idzik and Mcc.  Why fire them?  They will eventually succeed, right?  And the reson those great teams have not gone on the GM carousel is because for whatever reason, they have been better at finding and hiring GMs than us.  

I'm not saying I want JD fired.  But if his system isn't working, why stick with him?  Just want him to find guys who can win.  Or, at least, stop putting in 10, 12 loss seasons.

I'm getting there,  bro. I got my 50th Birthday present today....a Colonoscopy.  The point? We think we're going to be 30ish forever, and we have all the time in the world, and then all of a sudden sh*t gets real because you wake up and realize you're actually getting old. I used to give the older guys a hard time when they said, "They need to get it together, I don't know how much time I have left"...lol.

Now, I'm that guy and 1998 was a long damn time ago. 

They need to stop making the same stupid mistakes and get this sh*t right, the problem is I have no faith in the Johnsons (much like the old generation had none in Hess). 

Is JD the right guy? So far, the results are honestly pretty mixed (But Gasehole was a black hole of failure NOBODY could be successful with).

They need to get their sh*t together. Quickly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I actually did know that. I called him a safety. It actually makes his ball production seem worse when you have him a position of ball production. His Int against Lawrence was on a scramble drill with Lawrence making a terrible decision right at Nasirildeen after being inches away from the sideline. 

My claim is that the reason why Hamsah was moved to LB is because he’s deficient in the things a safety needs at the next level. His athletic profile, senior bowl struggles, and lack of ball production makes that all clear. I think he’s better than Sherwood, I think he was a steal in round 6. He’s still light for LB and will struggle with the nuances of the game. 

You discredit him for a tipped INT. You discredit him for a clean INT of Trevor Lawrence? Weird.  

Right into the hands of Hamsah Nasirildeen? Did you even watch his coverage throughout the entire play? It was perfection and he followed the eyes of Trevor Lawrence the entire time. 

Lack of ball production? Now I know you haven't watched him because he was awesome in pass coverage @ FSU.

Marcus Maye has 6 career INTs heading into year #5 does this mean he also lacks "ball production"???

51 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You discredit him for a tipped INT. You discredit him for a clean INT of Trevor Lawrence? Weird.  

Right into the hands of Hamsah Nasirildeen? Did you even watch his coverage throughout the entire play? It was perfection and he followed the eyes of Trevor Lawrence the entire time. 

Lack of ball production? Now I know you haven't watched him because he was awesome in pass coverage @ FSU.

Marcus Maye has 6 career INTs heading into year #5 does this mean he also lacks "ball production"???

Tracked his eyes to where? Lawrence throws the ball before running out of bounds down the sideline. Lawrence should never have thrown it since he had one receiver on the sideline who had to stop running to avoid going out of bounds. Good play from Nasirildeen but hardly a play in space that required good coverage skills. 

I’ve also never claimed that Hamsah was bad at coverage but that his skill set wouldn’t translate well to the NFL as a safety and there’s a reason why he’s now a LB. 

Marcus Maye has successfully transitioned from college safety to a top 10 NFL safety. He had more PDs, Ints, and FFs than Nasirildeen in college. No one tried to turn Maye into a LB. 

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Not sure if this has bern mentioned but jordan hicks is available and may even be released as a courtesy because the cards told him he is no longer starting. He had over 100 tackles in each of the past 2 seasons. I believe JD is very familiar with him.

I saw this too - nothing wrong with Hick's production, Arizona just has 2 rookies.

The question is though (and I know very little about Hicks) is what is his actual position, is he an ILB or OLB?

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm getting there,  bro. I got my 50th Birthday present today....a Colonoscopy.  The point? We think we're going to be 30ish forever, and we have all the time in the world, and then all of a sudden sh*t gets real because you wake up and realize you're actually getting old. I used to give the older guys a hard time when they said, "They need to get it together, I don't know how much time I have left"...lol.

Now, I'm that guy and 1998 was a long damn time ago. 

They need to stop making the same stupid mistakes and get this sh*t right, the problem is I have no faith in the Johnsons (much like the old generation had none in Hess). 

Is JD the right guy? So far, the results are honestly pretty mixed (But Gasehole was a black hole of failure NOBODY could be successful with).

They need to get their sh*t together. Quickly. 

First, great job getting your colonoscopy done.  Tell me the sedation isn't awesome.  And how great did your first post-procedure meal taste?

For years, I put mine off for a bunch of dumb, lame excuses.  (Other than the prep, the whole thing is a snap.) Luckily, I wound up with nothing scary, just one polyp, which almost everyone has/gets removed.  Now, doctors are actually recommending folks schedule the procedure at 45, not 50.  So you guys out there who are putting it off, get the friggin' thing done.   It might save your life.

Yeah, as you get past a certain age, all the Jet angst/frustration/impatience gets really real, right?   Welcome the club, dysfunctional and all.  lol  Now in my 60s, I  truly understand that I might not ever see another championship before they pitch me onto a raging funeral pyre.  But I still hope.

Finally, congratulations on your 50th.  If you're getting bummed about your age?  Just know that I'd gladly swap ages in a nano second.

Happy Birthday.  Many, many more.  

• Post of the Week 1

@kdels62 Fred Warner once played Nickel back in college but now coach Saleh developed him into one of the best Linebackers in all of Football (like I said, coach Saleh is a Defensive mastermind and is no idiot). 

@genot Coach Saleh just made it known Jamien Sherwood is up to 220-225 lbs now (that's what NFL strength and conditioning does to Rookies). 

Start watching at the 9:30 mark. 

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

I saw this too - nothing wrong with Hick's production, Arizona just has 2 rookies.

The question is though (and I know very little about Hicks) is what is his actual position, is he an ILB or OLB?

I think , like Davis he can play OLB in a 4-3 even though has played inside for what I thought was all of his career. But, oddly, pro football reference identifies his position as OLB.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@kdels62 Fred Warner once played Nickel back in college but now coach Saleh developed him into one of the best Linebackers in all of Football (like I said, coach Saleh is a Defensive mastermind and is no idiot). 

@genot Coach Saleh just made it known Jamien Sherwood is up to 220-225 lbs now (that's what NFL strength and conditioning does to Rookies). 

Start watching at the 9:30 mark. 

College football interchanges LB and slot defenders. It’s only been a thing in college up to this point. Those players (JOK as an example) always transition to LB. Fred Warner was a LB in college and was drafted in the 3rd round (not 5th or 6th). At the combine he weighed over 230 and put up better numbers than Hamsah and Sherwood did at their pro days. Fred Warner’s rookie season the 49ers had a bad defense and Fred Warner missed the most tackles on his team. 

Hamsah will be good (I don’t believe in Sherwood yet) but it’s gonna be a transition.