Jump to content

Cowherd: Don’t buy the Wilson hype


Salehery
 Share

Recommended Posts

Go look at his videos about how the jets finally got it right when they drafted Darnold. Guy went on for months about how great he was and how fortunate the jets were to draft him. That didn't age too well. These so called experts are just like anyone else except they get paid to voice their opinions. Cowherd and a ton of other sport talk guys know just as much / as little as any of us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I love about that piece is he keeps bringing up Dan Marino.  He's consciously bashing Zach but his subconscious mind keeps comparing him to  Dan Marino.  There's a reason for that.  His footwork and delivery.  It's a thing of beauty just like Dan Marino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny how he mentioned Zach Wilson's 19-9 NCAA record at BYU but didn't mention Patrick Mahomes 12-19 record @ Texas Tech because he's talking NCAA W-L records right?

Also funny how he sucks off Bill Belichick as a great coach but ignores how Bill Belichick has a well below .500 career losing record as HC without Tom Brady. 

He also refused to acknowledge Brian Flores having a career 15-17 losing record.  

But yet they're "better" than Saleh? 

This guy is a clown.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The cowherd threads are becoming like the manish threads that were like the cimini threads.

Jet fans just cant get enough of the media personalties that dont like us.  Its like a moth to a flame.  
 

Kudos to Cowherd for having this much power over jet fans.

This.

For a bunch of supposedly grown men, Jets fans are hyper sensitive.

The beat writers hate the Jets.

The national media hates the Jets.

Opposing fans hate the Jets.

Meanwhile, how many games have we won the last 4 years? Not even 20, and yet we expect to be treated with respect?

If anything, opposing fans love the Jets, they all have us checked off as a win on their schedule

Nobody hates us, 🙄 we’re inconsequential. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Funny how he mentioned Zach Wilson's 19-9 NCAA record at BYU but didn't mention Patrick Mahomes 12-19 record @ Texas Tech because he's talking NCAA W-L records right?

Also funny how he sucks off Bill Belichick as a great coach but ignores how Bill Belichick has a well below .500 career losing record as HC. 

He also refused to acknowledge Brian Flores having a career 15-17 losing record.  

But yet they're "better" than Saleh? 

This guy is a clown.

You might want to recheck your numbers on Belichick’s w/l record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snook said:

You might want to recheck your numbers on Belichick’s w/l record.

After 8.2 years of NFL Coaching he's missed the playoffs 7/8 seasons and has a career losing record without Tom Brady of 61-72  (.458%). 

Without Tom Brady he's a fraud with a "winning percentage" that's barely ahead of Adam Gase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Go look at his videos about how the jets finally got it right when they drafted Darnold. Guy went on for months about how great he was and how fortunate the jets were to draft him. That didn't age too well. These so called experts are just like anyone else except they get paid to voice their opinions. Cowherd and a ton of other sport talk guys know just as much / as little as any of us. 

Cowherd is totally agenda-driven, incapable of providing unbiased analysis.  And he pushes his agendas like a bull in a china shop.  Sam had him as a guest on a podcast he hosted during his last year at USC, so Cowherd’s agenda was to pump his friend Sam up once he got to the NFL.  Now, because Sam didn’t pan out with the Jets, Cowherd’s agenda is to tear down both the Jets and Sam’s replacement.   He was all over Zach’s bad practices, but is trying to hedge his bets now that Zach is rocking the preseason so far.
 

Don’t be taken in by the snake oil salesman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t care or like when Coward or any of the other “ expert” talking heads take shots at this team since it’s very easy to do as the Jets have been irrelevant and an NFL laughingstock for quite some time  What matters is what the Jets look and play like starting on September 12 and then hopefully we can have the last laugh over these overpaid bunch of wind bags. Just win and see how fast they change their tune 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...