Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

10 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

1.) I'll admit to being really obsessed with football.

2.) Watching Josh Allen grow has given me a newfound appreciation for young QB development.

3.) As expected Jets fans are trying to talk down Lawrence because you're still a little insecure that winning a meaningless game last year might have cost you a generational talent.

4.) From my unbiased perspective both QBs look good.

5.) Wilson does look a tick better 

1.) If your obsessed with Football A.) Which Buffalo Bills forum do you come from? B.) What's your username because C.) I want to investigate you as a Bills fan in order to D.) See what you really have to say about our Jets over there and E.) If you refuse to answer there questions; I know you're hiding something. 

2.) Do you really appreciate QB development or did you just wait 20+ years to join a Jets forum after finally having a QB to brag about?

3.) Jets fans such as myself and 90% of others only rooted for TL and the #1 overall pick as a way of enjoying our Gase disaster and now 100% of us are A+ thankful we landed Zach Wilson. We're not "insecure" we're excited. Only Buffalo Bills fans are insecure about wide right, 4 back to back to back to back embarrassments and being one of the only NFL teams to never win a SB; which is why your gloat on Jets forums but scared of N.E fans. You're all insecure. 

4.) Unbiased? If JAX selected Wilson and Jets selected Lawrence you'd be GLOATING how Jets got stuck with the future bust QB. Because you're biased because Zach is a Jet and Lawrence is a JAG.

5.) Wilson looks a "tick" better? Do you not know how to judge QB performance without being biased?

Zach Wilson (2 games).

16/20 (80.0%). 191 Passing Yards (9.5 yards per pass attempt), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles and a beautiful QB Rating of 120.7.

Trevor Lawrence (2 games).

20/32 (62.5%), 184 Passing Yards (5.7 yards per pass attempt), 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks, 1 fumble and a mediocre QB Rating of only 81.1.

But yet you have the "unbiased" nerve to sit here and tell our fan base that Zach Wilson only looks "a tick better" compared to if the tables were reversed and JAX took Wilson and Lawrence played like this as a Jet you'd be gloating about how Zach looks so much better than Lawrence.  

You aren't fooling anyone especially me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Honey, I had the largest meltdown in the world over missing out on Trevor Lawrence, despite the fact that I loved every single first round QB in this class.  I can assure you that I’m not putting anything out there that anyone can’t see for themselves.  I still love Lawrence.  His struggles are a product of what’s around him.  That much is obvious.  I don’t need you to tell me, or anyone else here, that.

Wanna talk about insecure?  How about signing up for a divisional rivals forum because you care that much about what they think about Trevor Lawrence.

*EDIT: @kdels62 I’m struggling to see how any of this warranted a thumbs down, but go off I guess.*

The Bills fan gave an opinion and wasn’t going over the top with his thoughts. Repeatedly calling him out is in bad form (to me). 

[mention=28594]Beerfish[/mention] seems to attack me and only me for wanting Trevor Lawrence.  When he 100% hated all of these QBs and wanted to keep Sam Darnold. At least me and you can move on and ENJOY Zach Wilson as Jets fans.
I'm about to bump the tank for Trevor thread this way @Beerfish can create his HIT LIST of Jets fans who's no longer allowed to gush over Zach Wilson because we missed out on Lawrence ?

We all come here and express opinions. Some of those opinions are wrong. So that means we can’t root for the guy who might have been our second choice at one time? I don’t get it. So if we liked Lawrence we can’t get on the Wilson train? Sounds pretty silly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

[mention=34212]Gramsci[/mention]
Ryan Leaf 50.0.
Akili Smith 52.8.
Chris Weinke 62.2.
Jack Trudeau 63.3. 
David Klingler 65.1.
Jamarcus Russell 65.2.
Joey Harrington 69.4.
Matt Leinart 70.2.
Mark Sanchez 73.2. 
David Carr 74.9.
Tim Tebow 75.3. 
Etc.
I'm a big believer in QB Rating for QBs because it's pretty much the WHIP of MLB pitchers etc. Its not perfect but QB Rating is very accurate in regards to separating the bad from the good.  
Zach Wilson posting a QB Rating of 154 preseason or not is crazy impressive (for me at least).

Impressive. I am super excited but it is a very small sample (6 series). I expect him to be a very good player but he likely will have his 70 rating games along the way also.

This thread should be burned in a grease fire.
Making definitive statements based on a couple pre-season games is obscene.
I'd still rather have kept Darnold and traded down, drafted Lawrence, drafted Fields, in that order.
We'll see if Zach Bass turns into the real deal but a couple decent games against backups doesn't mean jack sht.  

What does Zach Bass mean?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

What does Zach Bass mean?

He's making some lame comment about Zach looking like hes in a boy band.  One of them has the last name Bass.  Its like when you and your ex break up and she shows up at a party with a guy 100% better looking than you.  

Sucks that Zach isnt a ugly mug like his boy Darnold.  Its also killing him that Zach has hit the ground running. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1.) If your obsessed with Football A.) Which Buffalo Bills forum do you come from? B.) What's your username because C.) I want to investigate you as a Bills fan in order to D.) See what you really have to say about our Jets over there and E.) If you refuse to answer there questions; I know you're hiding something. 

2.) Do you really appreciate QB development or did you just wait 20+ years to join a Jets forum after finally having a QB to brag about?

3.) Jets fans such as myself and 90% of others only rooted for TL and the #1 overall pick as a way of enjoying our Gase disaster and now 100% of us are A+ thankful we landed Zach Wilson. We're not "insecure" we're excited. Only Buffalo Bills fans are insecure about wide right, 4 back to back to back to back embarrassments and being one of the only NFL teams to never win a SB; which is why your gloat on Jets forums but scared of N.E fans. You're all insecure. 

4.) Unbiased? If JAX selected Wilson and Jets selected Lawrence you'd be GLOATING how Jets got stuck with the future bust QB. Because you're biased because Zach is a Jet and Lawrence is a JAG.

5.) Wilson looks a "tick" better? Do you not know how to judge QB performance without being biased?

Zach Wilson (2 games).

16/20 (80.0%). 191 Passing Yards (9.5 yards per pass attempt), 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles and a beautiful QB Rating of 120.7.

Trevor Lawrence (2 games).

20/32 (62.5%), 184 Passing Yards (5.7 yards per pass attempt), 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks, 1 fumble and a mediocre QB Rating of only 81.1.

But yet you have the "unbiased" nerve to sit here and tell our fan base that Zach Wilson only looks "a tick better" compared to if the tables were reversed and JAX took Wilson and Lawrence played like this as a Jet you'd be gloating about how Zach looks so much better than Lawrence.  

You aren't fooling anyone especially me.

What Buffalo Bills forum do you post @ and what is your username? I have a feeling you won't tell us because I have a feeling you're hiding something because "BillsFanBurner" doesn't pop up on Google for any Buffalo Bills forum ?

my wife has a pretty good psychiatrist, dm me for the contact info

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Lawrence will be hard to judge with Bevell as his OC and Schotty as his
QB coach.  That may be a duo that he can't overcome

This is exactly why so many around the nfl think darnold can be saved.  

I do agree with many on this board, that we’re seeing initially that the jets may have got it right with both the qb and coaches.  If you put Lawrence on the jets with gase and his staff, he’d look bad.  If you let mccagnan build the team the OL would suck and so would the wrs.  So yeah, i think Lawrence is in for a rough start.  

I’d like to give douglas another round of kudos for understanding that the offense needed a ton of talent, and going offense with the first 4 picks and trading up for tucker was really what wilson needed.  He knows he’s got 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next year to address defense and finally I’m looking forward to drafted some early.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This is exactly why so many around the nfl think darnold can be saved.  

I do agree with many on this board, that we’re seeing initially that the jets may have got it right with both the qb and coaches.  If you put Lawrence on the jets with gase and his staff, he’d look bad.  If you let mccagnan build the team the OL would suck and so would the wrs.  So yeah, i think Lawrence is in for a rough start.  

I’d like to give douglas another round of kudos for understanding that the offense needed a ton of talent, and going offense with the first 4 picks and trading up for tucker was really what wilson needed.  He knows he’s got 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next year to address defense and finally I’m looking forward to drafted some early.

That would be something, for him to do the opposite the next season.  I really just want the best players going forward.  That’s sort of the luxury, if Zach Hits

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

If only there was someone on the board, who said, hey wait, I dont really understand this generational thing.

And now, after reading this thread, I fully expect Lawrence to throw for 5 TD's on opening day.

I 100% believe that the Jets suck year after year because any glimmer of hope comes with overzealous fans that then cause a massive jinx. I’m a cup is half full but dang some people make me look like an SOJ fan.

4 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

We all come here and express opinions. Some of those opinions are wrong. So that means we can’t root for the guy who might have been our second choice at one time? I don’t get it. So if we liked Lawrence we can’t get on the Wilson train? Sounds pretty silly to me.

train help GIF

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I 100% believe that the Jets suck year after year because any glimmer of hope comes with overzealous fans that then cause a massive jinx. I’m a cup is half full but dang some people make me look like an SOJ fan.

We're the greatest team ever, every single offseason.  Then the regular season hits, and we're the NY Jets again.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

That would be something, for him to do the opposite the next season.  I really just want the best players going forward.  That’s sort of the luxury, if Zach Hits

If these 4 offensive players look good, i can see them going defense with 3 of those top 4 picks.  Then you’d begin to hopefully build a perennial contender.

11 hours ago, DLJ said:

The universe continues to work in mysterious ways. I shan’t continue to question it.

Who would’ve thought winning that meaningless Rams game and completely taking us out of picking 1st might’ve been the best thing to happen to this franchise?

h5xwiirr0tezx6qouwxm

Can you imagine if this is our Lewis-hit-Bledsoe moment?  Dealers mounting this photo on varnished wood plaques with commemorative tickets at card shows?

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1