Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

4 minutes ago, Salehery said:

You guys seriously can’t be spiking the football after two preseason games. 

Salehery: "Excited to see him light up the Saints backups tonight". 

If he would've "lit it up tonight" you would've been gloating.  

No Jets Rookie QB has ever looked as great as Zach Wilson has during the preseason.  Yes. Preseason matters when evaluating a Rookie QB ala Kyle Trask ?

And as I'm typing Trevor Lawrence takes an awful sack without throwing the ball away. And his FG kicker missed a FG because of it.

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.  

Zach Wilson (2 games).

16/20 (80.0%).

191 Passing Yards.

(9.5 yards per pass attempt).

2 TDs.

0 INTs.

0 sacks.

0 fumbles.

2 plays of 20+ yards. 

QB Rating of 120.7.

Vs. 

Mac Jones (2 games). 

26/38 (68.4%). 

233 passing yards.  

(6.1 yards per pass attempt). 

0 TDs. 

0 INTs. 

1 sack (-9 yards).

0 fumbles. 

1 play of 20+ yards. 

QB Rating of 84.6

WHOEVER LIED TO YOU AND TRIED TO MAKE THAT "ARGUMENT" IS LOSING THIS ARGUMENT (and it's not even close)..  

Stats by themselves are not an accurate depiction of reality.

If you have watched him play you will see that there is plenty to like, including balls that receivers have dropped and have nothing to do with the QB. Even against the Eagles he threw a 50 yard bomb that was dropped by the receiver. 

According to the final stats of that game specifically he went 13-19, but it doesn't really show that 3 of those incompletions were drops and 1 was a spike. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gramsci said:

Stats by themselves are not an accurate depiction of reality.

If you have watched him play you will see that there is plenty to like, including balls that receivers have dropped and have nothing to do with the QB. Even against the Eagles he threw a 50 yard bomb that was dropped by the receiver. 

According to the final stats of that game specifically he went 13-19, but it doesn't really show that 3 of those incompletions were drops and 1 was a spike. 

I've watched every throw of Mac Jones and he looks NOTHING like Zach Wilson and stats aside he doesn't have a rocket like Zach does either.  

There is no comparison right now. 

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's got a QB Rating of 64.6 so far and he's looked atrocious tonight.  

Uh, no he hasn't looked atrocious. He looks like a talented QB with total garbage around him. Reminds me of Josh Allen his rookie year in a lot of ways. They need to get him some kind of offensive line, hard for a young QB to develop without basic protection. Wilson has looked better so far but I don't think he would look much better in the Jaguars offense than Lawrence has.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Meyer has his headphones off and checked out already....

This guy has disaster NFL HC written all over him. What a bad hire

His problem is that he has no more patience building anything.  He just wants to step into a UF or OSU type situation where it’s all set up for him and he can take the credit.  He wants the glory and accolades but isn’t willing to put in the time anymore.  I think he can still do it if he wanted, but his heart isn’t in it.  It’s just a rush for him, a drug that he can’t shake.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Is it just me, or is 3 points over 8 drives not “generational”. Man, can you imagine if Wilson had those stats? Guy would be run out of town!

He would be getting torched. And not just by the national media, but by Jets fans. Half of our fanbase was torching him after a bad practice. 

I'm only in the second quarter (watching on my own time) but the Jags seem destined for destruction. Bevell and Schotty on offense, plus Meyer.. no identity.  They draft Etienne and don't seem to know how to use him or have use for him. 

• Upvote 2

He was almost run out of town for the Green and White scrimmage 

Exactly! And that was a hell of a lot better than what the “generational” one is showing tonight. TL may be better than Wilson over the course of his career, but for someone that has been touted as “generational” for the last several years, I am not impressed right now. Should look a lot better than this!
  • Upvote 1