Jump to content

Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight


Salehery
 Share

Recommended Posts

My take is Lawrence was drafted by the Jax owner when he made Meyer the HC.  Douglas, Saleh and LeFluer in consultation decided to draft Zach Wilson over ever other QB who was left.

I think they may have taken Zach if they had the No. 1 pick.  We will never know...

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

My take is Lawrence was drafted by the Jax owner when he made Meyer the HC.  Douglas, Saleh and LeFluer in consultation decided to draft Zach Wilson over ever other QB who was left.

I think they may have taken Zach if they had the No. 1 pick.  We will never know...

Based  on Johnsons comment to Zach that he knew him better than his kids I suspect  woody needed a lot of convincing  to take Zach. If we. Had the first pick I think we go Lawrence 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love what  Zach has done so far. But we are q long way from really knowing who he is. Same as the others.  At this point I still think all of the Top 5 can be good. But we won't know definitively for a couple years.
Dont agree w the couple years thing ... we will know by week 10.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk


  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Salehery said:

What kind of system does Schottenheimer run?

"Okay, third and 8 guys.  Bobby- you 8 do an yard curl.  Joe- run left then fall down like you hurt your ankle and when your guy looks away get up and go Deep!  Sally- you block"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Based  on Johnsons comment to Zach that he knew him better than his kids I suspect  woody needed a lot of convincing  to take Zach. If we. Had the first pick I think we go Lawrence 

Yea I agree, pick would have been Lawrence even if Douglas liked Wilson. No one is going to rip the Jags for taking Lawrence, they'll rip them for not giving him an environment to succeed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree, pick would have been Lawrence even if Douglas liked Wilson. No one is going to rip the Jags for taking Lawrence, they'll rip them for not giving him an environment to succeed.

How did they pass up on giving Trevor Lawrence the best SEC WR in Elijah Moore with the 1st pick of the 2nd round? And for a CB at that? They've already screwed him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How did they pass up on giving Trevor Lawrence the best SEC WR in Elijah Moore with the 1st pick of the 2nd round? And for a CB at that? They've already screwed him.

The ETN pick made zero sense when they made it. I can't imagine many fans are happy with Meyer down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The ETN pick made zero sense when they made it. I can't imagine many fans are happy with Meyer down there.

And then why try and make him a WR instead of just drafting a natural receiver in Elijah Moore?

Elijah Moore broke the Ole' Miss single season receiving record for most receptions during a single season (86) and he did it during only 8 games and for an SEC Footbal Program that's been around dating back to 1893 of 128 years ago? That's nuts. 

And you try and convert Travis Etienne into a WR? 

The Travis Etienne pick was awesome in order to create a crazy 1-2 punch with Robinson/Etienne @ RB for Trevor Lawrence. I understood it. 

What gets to me is their 1st overall pick of the 2nd round. They had all night to fall in love with Elijah Moore (for Trevor Lawrence) and they pass on him and for a CB at that? 

Criminal. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

When we were still in the TL race towards the end I started hearing rumors of his arm not being as strong as advertised and other little warts. I immediately thought of Sam as this seemed very similar. Both were these generational prospects with everything you wanted until you started looking past the media generated veneer and you started hearing that they aren't all that, but still... they're really great. Then they get on the field and you really start to wonder if you haven't been wondering if you've been had already.  

Saying that Darnold was considered a generational prospect at the time is some serious ret-conning

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Also, instead of running stories for 3 months about whether Lawrence should have dodged the Jets, maybe the media could have looked at the Jaguars roster a little more closely? 

Jaguars roster is much better than the Jets.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say I feel a little bad for Lawrence. Carolina is making SO SO many of the same mistakes we made with Sanchez and Darnold. he just does not seem to be in a situation where he will develop properly. Not only does he not have weapons, but he has the Sanchez-ruiner as his "passing game" coordinator and I seriously doubt Meyer is in this long term. Bad OL, few weapons, and now with ETN news even fewer, etc. 

 

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

 Your first ever JN post was a quote of mine? I feel honored.  

And those were my own words and my own thoughts (from what I've researched thus far).

Well we do share a birthday (although I’m about 25 years older than you), so it seemed appropriate.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blue Print said:

Well we do share a birthday (although I’m about 25 years older than you), so it seemed appropriate.

Yes sir. Having a birthday in June during the 6th month of the year was awesome for us growing up either Christmas or your birthday every 6 months 😅

Welcome to JN man you'll love it here it's a crazy jungle at times but it's fun.

How did you discover JN and what's your story?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Saying the Darnold was considered a generational prospect at the time is some serious ret-conning

People were indeed saying that (obviously opinions vary). Not sure why that is such a shock. The word generational gets thrown around regularly. Almost every year there is a hyped up generational guy because the media knows the average drone will forget the rhetoric by next year, and buy into it again with the next guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

People were indeed saying that (obviously opinions vary). Not sure why that is such a shock. The word generational gets thrown around regularly. Almost every year there is a hyped up generational guy because the media knows the average drone will forget the rhetoric by next year, and buy into it again with the next guy.

Yeah, most years there is a generational guy. But not always the same position. Which makes sense because of math. "A generation" is usually defined as ~20 years and there are about 20 positions in football.

Nevertheless, I don't remember any "generational" chatter about Darnold during draft from any of the major draft gurus. And certainly not a chorus as there was with Luck and now Lawrence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was a kid I remember watching Joe Namath play in Super Bowl 3. The picture was grainy, the weather was awful, but Joe was magical.

since that time, I’ve always had a soft spot for the NYJ.

Born and raised in LA, I was a Rams fan as a kid until they moved away and I just kind of lost interest in the sport.  But my feelings for the Jets always lingered.

then came Covid.  I started watching Football again.  I saw Wilson play (who else was playing last year?) and thought to myself, this kid has something special.  
 

Then the Jets made a brilliant move IMO and hired Saleh and he put together what I considered the best draft from top to bottom of 2021.  I was intrigued.

So, here I am.  Wondering if the Jets have finally found their feet again.  Cautiously hoping.  I wouldn’t mind if Zach can exhibit a bit of Broadway Joe’s magic.  Nobody will ever be greater, but perhaps Zach, under the tutelage of Saleh might restore a bit of the luster to a storied football team.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue Print said:

When I was a kid I remember watching Joe Namath play in Super Bowl 3. The picture was grainy, the weather was awful, but Joe was magical.

 

Hey.

Excuse me sir.

Broadway Joe tossed 0 TDs. 

Namath made his guaranteed prediction but it was the Jets DEFENSE who WON the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Holding Johnny Unitas to 0 TDs? 1 INT? Only 100 yards passing? QB Rating in the 40s? And holding his Colts Offense who averaged 28.7 points per game to only 7 points? And also destroying their starting QB with 3 1st half INTs?

Look at my username. 

Defense Wins Championships. 

Joe Namath gets the credit but Larry Grantham, Al Atkinson, Gerry Philbin, John Elliott, Randy Beverly (and others) of our legendary 68-69 Jets Defense is who truly won us our only Championship (on that day). 

NY Jets Defense were the real magical one's

(love you Joe Namath and yes you made the guarantee but your Defense did the dirty work and still gets no credit for it 😓). 

image.png.6557186d317bfa0989d44001a08050b6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...