Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

3 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Uh, no he hasn't looked atrocious. He looks like a talented QB with total garbage around him. Reminds me of Josh Allen his rookie year in a lot of ways. They need to get him some kind of offensive line, hard for a young QB to develop without basic protection. Wilson has looked better so far but I don't think he would look much better in the Jaguars offense than Lawrence has.

Jets went 2-14 and Jax went 1-15.

You're making excuses for our JETS Zach Wilson looking A+ and Trevor Lawrence looking awful.

If anything you're acknowledging how good our coaching staff currently is.

• Upvote 3

I think Lawrence looks good considering the muck&mire he is surrounded by as a supporting cast of a team. 

He has the all the ideal tools, resumé, character and Yes, because of his larger size, he is the “superior” prospect of ‘21.

so my question is, which current NFL offensive scheme/coach would be the ideal situation for Lawrence to thrive in immediately - disregard the incumbent QB, for argument sake??

Wilson seems to have an ideal scheme fit with LaFleur in the Shanny offense, what would best suit Lawrence?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It looks like we are better than the Jags, Texans, and Bengals… who else? I know I’m forgetting a team or two The Bears and Giants maybe?

Good news is we play all 3. I think we may win some more games then people think if the D doesnt totally collapse with the injury bug

No he doesn't. Fields, Jones, and Wilson have all looked better then Lawrence has. You're just going off draft hype and rolling out the excuses for Lawrence. Don't fall for the media hype, Lawrence wasn't a generational prospect. Zach Wilson was a better prospect then he was. Better release, better arm, better accuracy, etc. Wilson should've went #1.

This +1000000 if Zach had this type of performance every sports media mob would say Jets made a mistake in winning the games last year…or made a mistake drafting him and he’s a bust. I’m not saying he should’ve went number 1, but the bias is clear as day.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yo, it’s the second preseason game. That being said Lawrence lived off of YAC in college and the offense should be tailored to that skill set. Lawrence is less than the generic thought on him but he’s not terrible either. He’s been okay this game but there’s nothing next level special in his pro game yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'm only in the second quarter (watching on my own time) but the Jags seem destined for destruction. Bevell and Schotty on offense, plus Meyer.. no identity.  They draft Etienne and don't seem to know how to use him or have use for him. 

I stopped reading at shotty….   All I need to know.  ??

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Yo, it’s the second preseason game. That being said Lawrence lived off of YAC in college and the offense should be tailored to that skill set. Lawrence is less than the generic thought on him but he’s not terrible either. He’s been okay this game but there’s nothing next level special in his pro game yet.

Plus he’s a big read option guy and he’s going to take hits especially with this team.

Just now, DLJ said:

The universe continues to work in mysterious ways. I shan’t continue to question it.

Who would’ve thought winning that meaningless Rams game and completely taking us out of picking 1st might’ve been the best thing to happen to this franchise?

We also won our way out of Winston and Mariotta.  Maybe we’re just not cursed at all.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I think Lawrence looks good considering the muck&mire he is surrounded by as a supporting cast of a team. 

He has the all the ideal tools, resumé, character and Yes, because of his larger size, he is the “superior” prospect of ‘21.

so my question is, which current NFL offensive scheme/coach would be the ideal situation for Lawrence to thrive in immediately - disregard the incumbent QB, for argument sake??

Wilson seems to have an ideal scheme fit with LaFleur in the Shanny offense, what would best suit Lawrence?

I think he'd be best playing in a system that pushes the ball down field. Maybe Bruce Ariens. Or someone like that. We were told the Jags supporting cast was significantly better than the Jets. So, the supporting cast comments seems a bit like an excuse. He played ok today though. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

The universe continues to work in mysterious ways. I shan’t continue to question it.

Who would’ve thought winning that meaningless Rams game and completely taking us out of picking 1st might’ve been the best thing to happen to this franchise?

It’s safe to say anything that happens to this franchise that’s good it would have to be up to chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Lawrence looked good tonight imo for a rookie on a bad team

made some really talented throws rolling to his left throwing across his body- incompletions but the talent showed through.

Jax may ruin him but he has a lot of talent

Yeah.  My concern isn’t with Lawrence.  It’s with everything around him.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Lawrence wasn’t even that bad tonight but the roster and coaching look surrounding him looks terrible

He made 2-3 really bad decisions and throws, but that’s going to happen when your o-line can’t protect a rookie QB and the play-calling consists of route concepts that became outdated 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Uh, no he hasn't looked atrocious. He looks like a talented QB with total garbage around him. Reminds me of Josh Allen his rookie year in a lot of ways. They need to get him some kind of offensive line, hard for a young QB to develop without basic protection. Wilson has looked better so far but I don't think he would look much better in the Jaguars offense than Lawrence has.

Josh Allen as a Rookie in preseason threw 2 TDs/0 INTs

Trevor Lawrence has 0 TDs/0 INTs. 

You're just trying to talk up Trevor Lawrence but why aren't you RAVING about Zach Wilson? 

If you're complimenting "Trevor Lawrence" right now, well, then; you should also start raving about Zach Wilson too. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

He made 2-3 really bad decisions and throws, but that’s going to happen when your o-line can’t protect a rookie QB and the play-calling consists of route concepts that became outdated 10 years ago.

That’s why darnold is getting a ‘pass’ for his 3 years here.  

• Upvote 1